What's new

Pak boat 4 persons on boat blew themselves up! After hot pursuit by Coast Guard in Arabian Sea

So are they smugglers or are they innocent fishermen? Pakistani posters decide one and stick to it. Your confusion is strange.
Could be either, could be both.

Drug mules tend to have 'other' professions, that is what makes them excellent choices for actual drug runners to utilize. These people could have been fishermen who chose (or were coerced) to smuggle drugs/weapons/contraband.

FYI...All MACHLI is DEEP fried...Please let your ABDUL and AFTAB know about this...And please do not forget Miya Rahil.
In this case it appears it'll all be 'roasted' ...
You should watch this to Identify yourself...
I am quite comfortable with my identify, thank you. Typically the ones who insist on identifying someones identity for them are the ones insecure with their own.

Many Indians appear to be doing that a lot nowadays, insisting on 'identifying Pakistanis identity' for them.

54a689837cbc2.jpg

link

If the boat was carrying military-grade explosives why wasn't it blown to bits by this point? I wonder if the explosives on board were low-grade and meant for fishing. Maybe this wasn't anything to do with terror at all.

My advice to you friend is that we stay out of this. Nobody is going to convince either side. The explosives could be a number of things and does not necessarily mean it would blow the boat to pieces.

All you have to do is see it in its context for each side.

Prior to 26/11 attacks- the mere thought of a dozen Pakistani terrorists taking a journey through the vast seas, to then commandeering another boat to reach land in Mumbai, and subsequently terrorize the city- would have been laughed off as some Hollywood imagination.

So it could be that it was really a terrorists attack and it could be that given past history someone got trigger happy too. I would sit back and just wait for more evidence. Apparently they have radio intercepts I read. Anyways, best for us not to get into it for now.

54a689837cbc2.jpg

link

If the boat was carrying military-grade explosives why wasn't it blown to bits by this point? I wonder if the explosives on board were low-grade and meant for fishing. Maybe this wasn't anything to do with terror at all.

Valid question about the explosives, I saw a TV program where an Retd. Admiral was clear that this was an oil fire (based on this very image) and not explosives, certainly not at the point this image was taken. This are very sketchy details available on this incident but what there are suggests that this was an intelligence driven operation. Impossible to find such a small boat otherwise ( was tracked aerially as well) but there are quite a few questions about this. The press release talks about an hour long chase & there is some doubt of how such a small boat would have managed to keep coastguard vessels behind. Also about other possible contacts that this crew might have intended to make. We may get some clarity tomorrow (especially with one of India's foremost writers on defence & intelligence matters, Praveen Swami penning his article in the Indian Express)

Things are already ugly as I' am tired of Indian nonsense 24/7 at PDF and mods hesitating to take any firm action even after multiple reports.

Then its your problem with the mods.... not the 1.099 billion Indians who don't even know of PDF.

My advice to you friend is that we stay out of this. Nobody is going to convince either side. The explosives could be a number of things and does not necessarily mean it would blow the boat to pieces.
Nothing wrong with him offering an opinion on the subject (this is a discussion forum after all, full of opinions), whether it convinces anyone is besides the point.

My advice to you friend is that we stay out of this. Nobody is going to convince either side...
Professor, if this wasn't the 26/11-style attack the U.S. supposedly warned the Indians was coming then that means such an attack is still in the offering and the Indians should continue to be vigilant. If U.S. intel provided the warning to the Indians last month they will be expected to comment to their Indian counterparts about this incident, yes?

Firstly they never say "Indian Restaurant" but "Pakistani, Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine".

This is what Indian does too. Grocery store, restaurant, etc. It is called business move. I've saw many Pakistani restaurant with "We serve Pakistani, Indian, Chinese, Middle Eastern food". This is purely business move.

I've saw one restaurant, it's name is after Pakistan's Khyber pass, it's owner is Afghan/Indonesian and it says "Indian, Afghan, Pakistani, Indonesian food". When I went there I failed to find any Indian or Eastern Pakistani food. All they serve was Afghan, North West Pakistani, Indonesian food.

I will again request you, Sir. Kindly stop cursing me.
Incorrect, there are many restaurants in USA, Canada and South Africa which I visited that said Indian Restaurant. Sometimes they say that they server Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi cuisine and sometimes not. I have been to such places and disliked them not calling it out, since sometimes the food was not to the liking.

It's really hard to make a rational judgment on this. When our governments are such full of BS and our media is emotional and full of hatred. (I'm talking about both countries)

most of the time in mefia there is shortage of person who can understnd what is being sai thru press release etc

Professor, if this wasn't the 26/11-style attack the U.S. supposedly warned the Indians was coming then that means such an attack is still in the offering and the Indians should continue to be vigilant. If U.S. intel provided the warning to the Indians last month they will be expected to comment to their Indian counterparts about this incident, yes?

Honestly, I don't know if the U.S has issued any such warning recently. I do know that U.S. commenting on it publically won't happen if we go by precedence.

All I can gather from this incident is-
An entity had some intel and passed it along to the Indian coast guard about a specific boat. After that we have the Indian press release. Apparently there are some voice intercepts and obviously some video taken during the chase.

The ball is in India's court on how transparent they are going to be, or they may choose not to reveal their source/ any methodologies.

I just know whatever you and I say here, will piss off one side or the other.

Honestly, I don't know if the U.S has issued any such warning recently. I do know that U.S. commenting on it publically won't happen if we go by precedence.

All I can gather from this incident is-
An entity had some intel and passed it along to the Indian coast guard about a specific boat. After that we have the Indian press release. Apparently there are some voice intercepts and obviously some video taken during the chase.

The ball is in India's court on how transparent they are going to be, or they may choose not to reveal their source/ any methodologies.

So it's better not to comment at all, as that will only raise tempers to no useful purpose. Got it.

That never stopped the US from hiding terrorist leaders (Brahamdegh Bugti for example) wanted by Pakistan in Afghanistan, and officially dismissing Pakistani concerns about Afghanistan sheltering him. If it wasn't for the Wikileaked US diplomatic cables that showed full official US knowledge of Bugti's presence in Afghanistan you'd still be arguing that he was never there.

Back
Top Bottom