What's new

Pak Army, ISI will be kept under check

Assalam alaikum

Tameem bhai , since last 25 years and so ppl have been asking sharif and his friend but never got an answer.

however i do agree with u regarding army

TARIQ

The rational answer is..go to court and get him answerable..Plain and Simple..!! In today's circumstance he can easily be brought to book....if you not than one would justify to think that all these accusations, hue and cry are only for public consumptions and for propaganda...nothing substantial in it...!!

Moreover, Why it always only for Politicians to answer corruption charges??..only to them to declare assets?? Why not "Other" people as well...??? Is Politician are the only lot in our country who are corrupt???

Islamabad: Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan has said he will insist on civilian supremacy over Pakistan's powerful military if his party comes to power and would rather resign if the Army and the ISI did not function under him if he becomes Prime Minister.

Days after his Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf party stunned its opponents by drawing a mammoth crowd during a rally in Lahore, Khan said that if he becomes the Prime Minister after the next election, he would press for civilian supremacy over the Army and the Inter-Services Intelligence agency so that he could implement his agenda.

"Unless I can implement my agenda which means I take responsibility for everything that's happening in Pakistan, it means that the Army is under me, it means the ISI can do nothing unless it reports to me, it means that the Army's budget is audited by a civilian set-up, it means I take responsibility for anything that's happening outside my country, it means I take responsibility that no terrorism will take place from Pakistani soil otherwise, I would resign," he said in an interview.
rofl.gif
:azn::azn:
58-year-old Khan was responding to a question on whether he would challenge army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and the Corps Commanders and insists on civilian supremacy. Asked specifically if he would be Gen Kayani's boss if he became the premier, Khan replied: "100 per cent. I have never, ever been controlled by anyone. (If) the people give me the mandate to be the Prime Minister and I'll be someone's puppet people know me for 35 years. I've never been controlled by anyone."

Khan is widely expected to get the support of certain segments such as youth and women disenchanted by widespread corruption and a perceived lack of governance under the Pakistan People's Party-led government.

The Army has played a key role in shaping the government's foreign and security policy, especially policies related to the US and India.

But Khan said all that would change under any government formed by his party.

He noted that powerful leaders like Pakistan's founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah and PPP founder Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto had never brooked interference by the Army.

"When Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was Prime Minister, he sacked the Army chief and the air chief... When the great Jinnah was in charge, you could never imagine the Army asserting itself.

We have non-leaders in Pakistan. These people are here to make money. They are not interested in governance," he said in the interview to be aired tonight.

The Army was controlling the situation in Balochistan province, the tribal areas and the erstwhile Taliban stronghold of Swat with "no civilian input" while the country's largest city of Karachi was controlled by the paramilitary Pakistan Rangers, Khan said.

Asked about media reports that his party had the backing of the military and questioned about his lack of criticism of the military, Khan contended that he had never been controlled by anyone in his public life of 35 years.

"Have I got a price? Can anyone buy me?" he asked. "Why should I criticise (the Army chief) when in a parliamentary democracy, the Prime Minister is the head of state? He has all the authority, he has all the responsibility," he said.

He claimed the premier was responsible for tackling any corruption in the Army.

"This is supposed to be a democratic set-up, either they should say that they are not in charge (or) they should resign. If they cannot be responsible for what is going on in Pakistan, they should resign," he said.

He said he had confidence that his party would perform well in the next elections because the electronic media had revolutionised Pakistan by raising the level of political awareness and because President Zardari had "exposed the true face of Pakistani politics".

He claimed President Asif Ali Zardari had "bought everyone, co-opted the entire political class and he's taken them down with him".

The recent rally in Lahore was the culmination of a series of events that showed a change among the people and the politicisation of the youth and women, he said.

He listed economic problems and terrorism as the two major challenges facing Pakistan.

Khan said he proposed to tackle the economy by increasing the collection of taxes, without which the country would be "unviable".

Khan explained his proposal to stop taking aid from the US, saying foreign assistance only "props up crooks like our President".

Aid comes with strings attached, stops a country from making reforms needed to structure government and helps "crooked and incompetent" governments, he contended.

He reiterated his position that terrorism could be tackled if the US stopped drone strikes and the Pakistan Army withdrew from the tribal areas.

He claimed tribal elders had told him they could "get rid of the terrorists" in a month once the Army pulled out. Khan said Gen Kayani had told a recent meeting of Pakistan's political parties that the army is "stuck" in the tribal areas.

He quoted the army chief as saying: "We are struck in the tribal areas. He said we are only holding our positions. We need a political process now because we are stuck. The moment we withdraw, the militants come back."

Instead of negotiating with any Taliban group, Khan said his party would try to "win the people of the tribal areas to our side".

Asked if he was the answer to Pakistan's problems, Khan replied: "Not because I'm something brilliant, it's just because everyone else has failed."
http://zeenews.**********/news/world/pak-army-isi-will-be-kept-under-check-imran-khan_741230.html

The biggest beneficial from this is Pakistani common man. My heart goes with them.

He must think before he speaks.. He might be trying to gain votes of those who say Army's powers to be equal to Government must be taken away. But forgetting that many of his supporters are in favor of the current method.

Is Sadgee pe Kon na mar-jye aye-khuda...!!

why you guys making fun of him? it is actually supposed to be like that,army and intelligence is kept under check in all other countries. but unfortunately our army and intelligence agencies dont like that.

I agree, why is only Pakistan country in the world our army and intelligence agencies act independently ? Do they really understand the common systems?

I would be please if Imran Khan sack Army Chief Kiyani or replace him due to the failures of protecting soverign and responsible of 30K people died.

Former Intelligence chief joins PTI :cheers:

290241-masoodsharifkhattakmuhammadjavaid-1321017281-856-640x480.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Former Intelligence Bureau Chief Major (retd) Masood Sharif Khattak joined the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Friday.

Khattak who had resigned from the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) in 2007, announced the decision to join the PTI in a press conference at his residence alongside PTI Chairman Imran Khan.

Khattak said the PTI would create a new political culture in Pakistan. He will be running for the National Assembly in the next elections from NA 15 constituency in Karak, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Aside from Khattak, sources say former PPP stalwart Shah Mehmood Qureshi is expected to resign from his membership to the National Assembly and join the PTI. He is expected to make an official announcement during a rally being held in Kashmore on November 27.

As alliances continue to be forged, the PTI has called a crucial party meeting on November 13 to review its anti-government and anti-Nawaz Sharif campaign and to discuss forging alliances with like-minded groups and parties for the next general election.

FM Shah Qureshi will join this party.

Assalam alaikum

When they r out of office they cry foul when cases brought against them and while in office they don't hesitate to even attack supreme court.

offcourse ppl like u will always find a way to defend corrupt leaders. those ppl who hold public offices should provide leadership but again they want to be treated like ordogan but don't want to act like ordogan

chor ko bola tum chori ker tay ho toba karo jawab diya may akaila chor to nahi hoon

TARIQ

Assalam alaikum

When they r out of office they cry foul when cases brought against them and while in office they don't hesitate to even attack supreme court.

offcourse ppl like u will always find a way to defend corrupt leaders. those ppl who hold public offices should provide leadership but again they want to be treated like ordogan but don't want to act like ordogan

chor ko bola tum chori ker tay ho toba karo jawab diya may akaila chor to nahi hoon

TARIQ

OK...Just answer a simple question...Since 1988 whose cases are brought to judiciary all alone...."Politician"

But by targetting a lot which is already tagetted since our inception and leave aside others...make you doubt your true intentions...I'm talking about IK statements on everyday....does they include any other party except what i stated....Sole Search Dear...Sole Search...!!!

Is that a ture revolution he just let coming...which is welcomed by just everyone who rules us for last 65 years...!!

If politicians are so authoritative and true rulers.....than why they all are either executed, murderd or kicked out....!!!

My Argument is no matter who he is...if he is corrupt than he should be dealt with...iron hand!!

I agree, why is only Pakistan country in the world our army and intelligence agencies act independently ? Do they really understand the common systems?
Because your political class is incompetent and corrupt to the core. At least the Army is keeping things in check without which Pakistan would have sank without a trace.

Vote in some good politicians and statesmen who can turn things around and the Army will automatically go back to their barracks.

Because your political class is incompetent and corrupt to the core. At least the Army is keeping things in check without which Pakistan would have sank without a trace.

Vote in some good politicians and statesmen who can turn things around and the Army will automatically go back to their barracks.
A very sensible comment from an Indian - Respect :pdf:

Thanks to Zia ul Haq, the evil mastermind who killed Zulfiqar Bhutto and screwed up Pakistan systems for long times.

Because your political class is incompetent and corrupt to the core

India is just the same with ghotala after ghotala......2G scam is worth the entire GDP of country like Uruguay. Pakistan does not come close on this. Pakistan is not ruled by foreigners like India a la Sonia...

If the strong Turkish army can be brought fully under control by a civilian setup, so can be ours.

Hope, Imran Khan can learn from the Turkish leaders who brought the army under their control through good governance. Good governance brings the people together and gives power to the leader who is leading them, and having people behind you can make you do anything.

It was the very same people who brought down Mushy uncle, the very same people who when united made the army go back and made the army do its job and it was the very same army who were fighting all these years to restore their image in front of the people of Pakistan.

But the very same people when dissatisfied with civilian leadership give courage to the army to take over as the bad governance by them gives the people no other choice rather then to look again at the army.

So, if Imran Khan comes into power, and he leads the nation as a leader and satisfies the people of Pakistan and makes a mechanism where bad governments can't last long, people would be behind him and he can fully control the military & intel agencies.

All you need is good governance and leadership. After that nothing is impossible.
Quoted for the most accurate comment.

The Army is influential because it enjoys very high approval and popularity ratings in comparison to the politicians and GoP.

If IK, or any other party or politician, can deliver on good governance and enjoy similarly high approval and popularity ratings, the Army's influence decreases automatically.

Quoted for the most accurate comment.

The Army is influential because it enjoys very high approval and popularity ratings in comparison to the politicians and GoP.

If IK, or any other party or politician, can deliver on good governance and enjoy similarly high approval and popularity ratings, the Army's influence decreases automatically.

yes,i can see on this forum too.but cant find reason for this may be due to the fodder given to locals by army

ISI ko kaboo kerna or samri jadoogar ko kabo kerna asaan kam nhi :rofl:

Imran Khan sahib always try to play 1 Man Show ... I don't understand if he is Elected then he thinks every thing will become fine and nothing wrong is gonna happen ... If he want's like that then one has to go for a long way after be elected and have to make leaders out of the nations who are trust worthy because hes not gonna live for ever and what about change management, is their any succession planning I don't see nothing and the system which is in place which is absolutely corrupt ... I don't understand these people they have to answer cautiously instead of just bragging ... If he and his PARTY together could bring some trust between institutions and bring up some more leader out of nation to lead ... Instead of leading a one man show which I really hate

I would be please if Imran Khan sack Army Chief Kiyani or replace him due to the failures of protecting soverign and responsible of 30K people died.

Former Intelligence chief joins PTI :cheers:

290241-masoodsharifkhattakmuhammadjavaid-1321017281-856-640x480.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Former Intelligence Bureau Chief Major (retd) Masood Sharif Khattak joined the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Friday.

Khattak who had resigned from the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) in 2007, announced the decision to join the PTI in a press conference at his residence alongside PTI Chairman Imran Khan.

Khattak said the PTI would create a new political culture in Pakistan. He will be running for the National Assembly in the next elections from NA 15 constituency in Karak, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Aside from Khattak, sources say former PPP stalwart Shah Mehmood Qureshi is expected to resign from his membership to the National Assembly and join the PTI. He is expected to make an official announcement during a rally being held in Kashmore on November 27.

As alliances continue to be forged, the PTI has called a crucial party meeting on November 13 to review its anti-government and anti-Nawaz Sharif campaign and to discuss forging alliances with like-minded groups and parties for the next general election.

FM Shah Qureshi will join this party.

Chala hua Kartoos :P Used bullet :laugh:

But still I am not against Imran Khan

Back
Top Bottom