What's new

Pak Army, ISI will be kept under check

Paan Singh

BANNED
Reaction score
Islamabad: Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan has said he will insist on civilian supremacy over Pakistan's powerful military if his party comes to power and would rather resign if the Army and the ISI did not function under him if he becomes Prime Minister.

Days after his Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf party stunned its opponents by drawing a mammoth crowd during a rally in Lahore, Khan said that if he becomes the Prime Minister after the next election, he would press for civilian supremacy over the Army and the Inter-Services Intelligence agency so that he could implement his agenda.

"Unless I can implement my agenda which means I take responsibility for everything that's happening in Pakistan, it means that the Army is under me, it means the ISI can do nothing unless it reports to me, it means that the Army's budget is audited by a civilian set-up, it means I take responsibility for anything that's happening outside my country, it means I take responsibility that no terrorism will take place from Pakistani soil otherwise, I would resign," he said in an interview.
rofl.gif
:azn::azn:
58-year-old Khan was responding to a question on whether he would challenge army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and the Corps Commanders and insists on civilian supremacy. Asked specifically if he would be Gen Kayani's boss if he became the premier, Khan replied: "100 per cent. I have never, ever been controlled by anyone. (If) the people give me the mandate to be the Prime Minister and I'll be someone's puppet people know me for 35 years. I've never been controlled by anyone."

Khan is widely expected to get the support of certain segments such as youth and women disenchanted by widespread corruption and a perceived lack of governance under the Pakistan People's Party-led government.

The Army has played a key role in shaping the government's foreign and security policy, especially policies related to the US and India.

But Khan said all that would change under any government formed by his party.

He noted that powerful leaders like Pakistan's founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah and PPP founder Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto had never brooked interference by the Army.

"When Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was Prime Minister, he sacked the Army chief and the air chief... When the great Jinnah was in charge, you could never imagine the Army asserting itself.

We have non-leaders in Pakistan. These people are here to make money. They are not interested in governance," he said in the interview to be aired tonight.

The Army was controlling the situation in Balochistan province, the tribal areas and the erstwhile Taliban stronghold of Swat with "no civilian input" while the country's largest city of Karachi was controlled by the paramilitary Pakistan Rangers, Khan said.

Asked about media reports that his party had the backing of the military and questioned about his lack of criticism of the military, Khan contended that he had never been controlled by anyone in his public life of 35 years.

"Have I got a price? Can anyone buy me?" he asked. "Why should I criticise (the Army chief) when in a parliamentary democracy, the Prime Minister is the head of state? He has all the authority, he has all the responsibility," he said.

He claimed the premier was responsible for tackling any corruption in the Army.

"This is supposed to be a democratic set-up, either they should say that they are not in charge (or) they should resign. If they cannot be responsible for what is going on in Pakistan, they should resign," he said.

He said he had confidence that his party would perform well in the next elections because the electronic media had revolutionised Pakistan by raising the level of political awareness and because President Zardari had "exposed the true face of Pakistani politics".

He claimed President Asif Ali Zardari had "bought everyone, co-opted the entire political class and he's taken them down with him".

The recent rally in Lahore was the culmination of a series of events that showed a change among the people and the politicisation of the youth and women, he said.

He listed economic problems and terrorism as the two major challenges facing Pakistan.

Khan said he proposed to tackle the economy by increasing the collection of taxes, without which the country would be "unviable".

Khan explained his proposal to stop taking aid from the US, saying foreign assistance only "props up crooks like our President".

Aid comes with strings attached, stops a country from making reforms needed to structure government and helps "crooked and incompetent" governments, he contended.

He reiterated his position that terrorism could be tackled if the US stopped drone strikes and the Pakistan Army withdrew from the tribal areas.

He claimed tribal elders had told him they could "get rid of the terrorists" in a month once the Army pulled out. Khan said Gen Kayani had told a recent meeting of Pakistan's political parties that the army is "stuck" in the tribal areas.

He quoted the army chief as saying: "We are struck in the tribal areas. He said we are only holding our positions. We need a political process now because we are stuck. The moment we withdraw, the militants come back."

Instead of negotiating with any Taliban group, Khan said his party would try to "win the people of the tribal areas to our side".

Asked if he was the answer to Pakistan's problems, Khan replied: "Not because I'm something brilliant, it's just because everyone else has failed."
http://zeenews.**********/news/world/pak-army-isi-will-be-kept-under-check-imran-khan_741230.html

is ne lagta hai nhi jeetna election hhahahahhhahaa no bastards can keep ISI army under check :rofl:

Imran Bhai Lagta Hai Janaab Ka Time Poora Ho Gaya Hai....:butcher:..."Jumma -Jumma 4 Din Panchve Din Shayar":rofl::rofl:

thats why i posted yaara..how it is possible, thats why army dont like sharif:azn:

sharif was stupid yaar if he know what he was doing he was in power.lolz imran can't damn with ISI ARMY otherwise he will never win 5 seats hahaahahhaha

"When Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was Prime Minister, he sacked the Army chief and the air chief...

...and was soon hanged.

Benazir too had a strong control on the Army... soon became Shaheed Benazir.

It takes a well seasoned and acutely shrewd politician to rein in the PA... Imran Khan doesn't have the experience and intellect of Benazir and Nawaz.

"Have I got a price? Can anyone buy me?" he asked.

Is he putting himself up for an auction? :lol:

He is repeating the same mantra which got BB her faster than light flight to Jannat!

He noted that powerful leaders like Pakistan's founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah and PPP founder Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto had never brooked interference by the Army.
Well that is historically incorrect, the British cheif of staff did disobey Jinnah!

"When Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was Prime Minister, he sacked the Army chief and the air chief... When the great Jinnah was in charge, you could never imagine the Army asserting itself.

And soon he became shaheed bhutto

Well that is historically incorrect, the British cheif of staff did disobey Jinnah!

Not just that, for how long was Jinnah alive to rein in the Pakistani Army?

Imran Khan just seems to be using big names like that of Jinnah and tagging his own name along with theirs.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

hmmmm I LIKE IMRAN KHAN BUT IF HE IS AGAINST MY PAK ARMY....

THAN HE SHOULD FIND A PLACE IN ***** TO BE ELECTED AS APRIME MINISTER:tdown::wave:

im gonna share this POST WITH MY DEAR FRIENDS EVERY WHERE IN PAK AND OTHER COUNTRIES...:big_boss:

sharif was stupid yaar if he know what he was doing he was in power.lolz

What the use of that Power…even 2/3 majority when end of the day you actually a puppet…!! That’s why I’m 100% with Sharif now on his just stand that he is taken after return….!!! He should fight for the legitimate right of Pakistani People to govern themselves through their elected leaders…not what actually happening now-a-days.

imran can't damn with ISI ARMY otherwise he will never win 5 seats hahaahahhaha

When you are actually standing on the Artificial legs provided by the ISI....how can you proclaims that you will prove yourself soverign afterwards….!!! Its just eyewash…!!! Just for public consumptions...As usual...!!!

Lagta he Imran waqt se pehley hi Sathya gya he.

He just gave signals to his US gods that i am perfect candidate of your desires.

Islamabad: Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan has said he will insist on civilian supremacy over Pakistan's powerful military if his party comes to power and would rather resign if the Army and the ISI did not function under him if he becomes Prime Minister.

Days after his Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf party stunned its opponents by drawing a mammoth crowd during a rally in Lahore, Khan said that if he becomes the Prime Minister after the next election, he would press for civilian supremacy over the Army and the Inter-Services Intelligence agency so that he could implement his agenda.

"Unless I can implement my agenda which means I take responsibility for everything that's happening in Pakistan, it means that the Army is under me, it means the ISI can do nothing unless it reports to me, it means that the Army's budget is audited by a civilian set-up, it means I take responsibility for anything that's happening outside my country, it means I take responsibility that no terrorism will take place from Pakistani soil otherwise, I would resign," he said in an interview.
rofl.gif
:azn::azn:
58-year-old Khan was responding to a question on whether he would challenge army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and the Corps Commanders and insists on civilian supremacy. Asked specifically if he would be Gen Kayani's boss if he became the premier, Khan replied: "100 per cent. I have never, ever been controlled by anyone. (If) the people give me the mandate to be the Prime Minister and I'll be someone's puppet people know me for 35 years. I've never been controlled by anyone."

Khan is widely expected to get the support of certain segments such as youth and women disenchanted by widespread corruption and a perceived lack of governance under the Pakistan People's Party-led government.

The Army has played a key role in shaping the government's foreign and security policy, especially policies related to the US and India.

But Khan said all that would change under any government formed by his party.

We have non-leaders in Pakistan. These people are here to make money. They are not interested in governance," he said in the interview to be aired tonight.

The Army was controlling the situation in Balochistan province, the tribal areas and the erstwhile Taliban stronghold of Swat with "no civilian input" while the country's largest city of Karachi was controlled by the paramilitary Pakistan Rangers, Khan said.

Asked about media reports that his party had the backing of the military and questioned about his lack of criticism of the military, Khan contended that he had never been controlled by anyone in his public life of 35 years.

"Have I got a price? Can anyone buy me?" he asked. "Why should I criticise (the Army chief) when in a parliamentary democracy, the Prime Minister is the head of state? He has all the authority, he has all the responsibility," he said.

He claimed the premier was responsible for tackling any corruption in the Army.

"This is supposed to be a democratic set-up, either they should say that they are not in charge (or) they should resign. If they cannot be responsible for what is going on in Pakistan, they should resign," he said.

He said he had confidence that his party would perform well in the next elections because the electronic media had revolutionised Pakistan by raising the level of political awareness and because President Zardari had "exposed the true face of Pakistani politics".

He claimed President Asif Ali Zardari had "bought everyone, co-opted the entire political class and he's taken them down with him".

The recent rally in Lahore was the culmination of a series of events that showed a change among the people and the politicisation of the youth and women, he said.

He listed economic problems and terrorism as the two major challenges facing Pakistan.

Khan said he proposed to tackle the economy by increasing the collection of taxes, without which the country would be "unviable".

Khan explained his proposal to stop taking aid from the US, saying foreign assistance only "props up crooks like our President".

Aid comes with strings attached, stops a country from making reforms needed to structure government and helps "crooked and incompetent" governments, he contended.

He reiterated his position that terrorism could be tackled if the US stopped drone strikes and the Pakistan Army withdrew from the tribal areas.

He claimed tribal elders had told him they could "get rid of the terrorists" in a month once the Army pulled out. Khan said Gen Kayani had told a recent meeting of Pakistan's political parties that the army is "stuck" in the tribal areas.

He quoted the army chief as saying: "We are struck in the tribal areas. He said we are only holding our positions. We need a political process now because we are stuck. The moment we withdraw, the militants come back."

Instead of negotiating with any Taliban group, Khan said his party would try to "win the people of the tribal areas to our side".

Asked if he was the answer to Pakistan's problems, Khan replied: "Not because I'm something brilliant, it's just because everyone else has failed."
http://zeenews.**********/news/world/pak-army-isi-will-be-kept-under-check-imran-khan_741230.html
He wanna make sure that the Zionists interests be safeguarded at all costs by controlling the Army and the ISI....shame on him. So he a new card by the Zionists within our politics. Thats why I hate politicians so much cuz they are nothing but the Zionists undercover sold out agents.....Peoples used to wonder from where he is getting so much money to spend for his gatherings.Now everybody will know that he another scumbag trying to get cheap publicity....:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom