What's new

PAF Took 6 minutes to respond to IAF airspace violation last year

Last Samuri

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I think its geo news confirming 2 IAF fighters entered pak airspace up to 7km and stayed in PAF airspace for 2 minutes

3 questions

What where the indians doing there ?

Is 6 minutes a good response time by PAF by global standards ?

What fighters came into air space & which PAF fighters chased them out ?

News channels and specially GEO in not an authentic source to provide inside truth on such violations. Is there any news or information from ISPR?

News channels and specially GEO in not an authentic source to provide inside truth on such violations. Is there any news or information from ISPR?

yep there was a violation and many pakistani newschannels reported it.......but Indian media was silent......

acc. to indian sources,it was a routine experiment and they crossed the border by mistake as some radar wasnt working......
acc. to pakistani sources......they said it was a routine experiment by IAF to check the preparedness by PAF

no one knows which were the 2 IAF other than IAF and PAF personnels

the PAF personals were criticized for taking more time but here some senior members said the time they took was gud enuff....

Normal routine....

both air forces do cross into other's territory and then come back. Not a biggy..

PS, Pakistani media sucks! They have no clue what they are talking about...

I'm not sure if 6 minutes is a good enough response time in peace situation...

I think its geo news confirming 2 IAF fighters entered pak airspace up to 7km and stayed in PAF airspace for 2 minutes

3 questions

What where the indians doing there ?

Is 6 minutes a good response time by PAF by global standards ?

What fighters came into air space & which PAF fighters chased them out ?

also

How reliable is this news?

Is this really news, or some cr@p made up by media/PAF?

yep there was a violation and many pakistani newschannels reported it.......but Indian media was silent......

acc. to indian sources,it was a routine experiment and they crossed the border by mistake as some radar wasnt working......
acc. to pakistani sources......they said it was a routine experiment by IAF to check the preparedness by PAF

no one knows which were the 2 IAF other than IAF and PAF personnels

the PAF personals were criticized for taking more time but here some senior members said the time they took was gud enuff....

How is it more it also take time to reach there...

How is it more it also take time to reach there...

during war tims.....it takes less time as the pilots are already ready in their cockpit......
so time taken was a bit more

but considering it happened during peace time....it was ok

God knows who planted the 6 minutes. The response time is dependant on the distance of the base from the border, the alert aircraft present..and the heading of the intruders. The first and last are not in the control of any side. The middle, the status of the alert craft, the preparedness of the aircrew and support crew.. and the ability of the intercept controller to plan out an intercept most efficiently(yes folks, this is an art in itself). It also matters if there were aircraft in the air already, then the time shortens even further.. But essentially, aircraft like the JF-17(and even the F-7) are capable of going from cold position to in the air within 4-5 minutes...and this 4-5 minutes includes aircrews running from their ready room all the way to the jet. IF there are aircraft already on alert status with the pilot in the cockpit.. this time to take off and be in the air shortens further.

6 minutes however, may not be impossible. It sometimes happens that aircraft on the side of the border are picked up heading parallel to it(be it the Pakistani side or the Indian one). The phone rings, aircrews are ordered into their aircraft and they sit on alert status awaiting further instructions. Given the call that the suspect target has indeed turned towards friendly airspace... scrambles usually take less than 3 minutes.

do pak have SAMS near boundaries..

6 minutes is good time , however once we induct the SAM the defensive needs would improve further

6 minutes however, may not be impossible. It sometimes happens that aircraft on the side of the border are picked up heading parallel to it(be it the Pakistani side or the Indian one). The phone rings, aircrews are ordered into their aircraft and they sit on alert status awaiting further instructions. Given the call that the suspect target has indeed turned towards friendly airspace... scrambles usually take less than 3 minutes.

In peacetime I might add.

This would be when the ADA is of peace time...in heightened tensions, the pilots on alert may be sitting in their cockpits all day, reading 'khawateen digest' to kill time (yup, this does happen!).

As for this particular case, God knows the exact conditions of this. As you rightly said, there are ALOT of factors to determine this...and to definitively make a comment.

6 minutes is not a bad time in peace time scenerio but if we look at the geography and nearest base that is Sargodha base then this is not a good time either, time should 4 and half to 5 minutes.

6 minutes is not a bad time in peace time scenerio but if we look at the geography and nearest base that is Sargodha base then this is not a good time either, time should 4 and half to 5 minutes.

Not all bases are on ADA.

If I remember a post by MuradK a long time back, he mentioned that only 3-4 bases are on ADA in normal peacetime. And I don't remember them exactly, but I think they were Masroor, Peshawar and maybe Shorkot or Mianwali.

Maybe some other member can correct me. I'll also try to find the post by MuradK.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom