What's new

PAF to Unveil Locally Made Stealth Radars for Fighter Jets - March 2022 .

Those talking about frequency, dont understand how radars and RWR works.

If radar can track an object, it means radar can receive a strong enough signal back to detect it. Meaning that the jet being tracked, which gets atleast a 4x stronger signal, can Identify it pretty easily. AESA is harder to jam, correct. Not stealth. Any radar, when tracking another will give off RWR notification.
Radar is combination of transmitter and receiver. When a transmitter emits a wave at a certain frequency its reciever is caliberated to detect a signal at the transmitted frequency. ADC DAC needs to be caliberated. I can go in further detail but wont matter to a layman. By your logic their would not be any stealth. Lets say f35 locks on an target does it mean when aesa of f35 detects a jet the opposing jet has also detected f35.
Simply learning terms like RWR and radar doesnot make you any kind of expert.

many other products in pipeline .....Stealth Naswar, Stealth Tea for fantastic people.

It is simply half cooked news from some manchala...wrong name...wrong ref photos...even jet is Typhoon ...the source is even bigger than Shaikh Rasheed.

Good point. Belieb what you want mate but the news is indeed true. The ground based radars I can confirm. The aircraft based not so much.
I mean, I also believe it to be somewhat true, it's not that I think it's complete lies.

But articles like these are usually premature, and have too much guesswork and fabrications because they are based primarily on hearsay

It degrades the quality of the forum and the discussion.

I mean, I also believe it to be somewhat true, it's not that I think it's complete lies.

But articles like these are usually premature, and have too much guesswork and fabrications because they are based primarily on hearsay

It degrades the quality of the forum and the discussion.
This one isn't. The first time it was posted here I was a bit sceptical too. Little information I have.... I can say 90 percent is true. The rest I don't know about. Especially the power consumption.

@.King. and when nothing comes to mind, react with "haha". Wouldnt expect anything else from a indian. All talk by learning a few terms but when other person argues with logic and in this case technical terms, your reaction is a typical reaction of 99% indians. You guys fit the literal definition of paper tiger.

Why people acting surprise when PAF is itself saying they are developing AESA radars for Airborne platforms ? @Trailer23 confirmed that in his Dubai Exhibition visit where PAC had AESA prototype. DEPO website mentioning this

p-1-png.771963

There's a stupid writer on Propakistani who has recently started covering defense.

His credentials:
- Stealth radar
- J10C has a Pulse dopler radar
- JF17 blk iii is a 4th gen aircraft
- J10C is a lightweight fighter that cannot integrate more than 4 types of weapons/munitions

Thy just used a tern which they might thought would be easy to understand for common readers.

Proper term is Low Probability Intercept (LPI) RADAR.
Any kind of cutting edge RADAR, training, training, training, brains, and improvisation are essential.

Serbs shot down F117-A using onventional RADAR, there were humint and other factors involved too, but still they were able to. GEtting Results are important.

PAF to Unveil Locally Made Stealth Radars for Fighter Jets​

By Haroon Hayder | Published Mar 24, 2022 | 1:39 pm
AESA-Radar.jpg

Pakistan is expected to unveil an indigenously developed Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar which will be deployed in both ground-based and airborne roles.

AESA is a second-generation phased radar in which radio waves of multiple frequencies can be sent in different directions without moving the antenna. AESA radars allow aircraft and ships to send powerful signals while remaining stealthy and resistant to jamming.
ALSO READ
Instagram is Bringing Back an Old Fan Favorite Feature
According to details, Pakistan’s local AESA radar is being developed by the Air Weapon Complex (AWC), an R&D facility of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), in collaboration with the National University of Science and Technology (NUST).

Although complete details of the radar are unavailable at the moment, sources have claimed that the indigenously developed AESA radar will use the latest gallium nitride (GaN) transmit and receive modules that are owned by only a few countries.
AWC reportedly designed two types of GaN transmit and receive modules- S-band and X-band- in late 2019 and early 2020 respectively.
ALSO READ
Hafeez Reveals Pakistan’s Biggest Positive From Australia Test Series
Both modules have different functionalities. The S-band module is used in ground-based and airborne search radars for target search and detection. On the other hand, the X-band module is associated with fire control due to its superior resolution.

The indigenous AESA radar is expected to officially make its debut in the JF-17 Block 4 fighter jet or the fifth-generation stealth fighter jet being developed under Project Azm.

Pakistan moves ahead with domestic AESA radar development​

23rd March 2022 - 07:37 GMT | by Arslan Khan in Islamabad
RSS

Future Pakistani JF-17 fighters could benefit from indigenous AESA radars in the future. (Gordon Arthur)
Pakistan is quietly developing AESA radars for potential applications in ground-based and airborne roles.

Pakistan’s Air Weapons Complex, in partnership with the National University of Sciences & Technology and Pakistani private-sector firms, is in the final stages of the development of ground-based phased-array radars.
Though the designation of these systems is unclear, it is known that the radars use the latest gallium nitride (GaN) transmit and receive modules. While GaN-based modules are not something new, only a handful of countries are in the club to have designed these.
It is known that these modules were delivered in late 2019/early 2020 to design houses for prototyping. Two types of modules were designed, S-band and X-band.

Already have an account? Log in

Want to keep reading this article?

Very poor reporting.

What is a stealth radar? Ans why post a picture of a EFA?

Back
Top Bottom