What's new

PAF to get hi-tech Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System

LCA has been inducted into service with the IOC-2.

Im sorry but it hasnt been inducted... And is "likely" ( unlikely) to be inducted by end of 14 or 15...

MiG-21 "Bison"
MiG-21 Bison - The Underdog
The real article is from Bharrat Rakshak.

These Bisons did sow havoc in Cope India &Red flag Excercises ,causing it to be a "unpleasant surprise" for the USAF.

Please spare us this biased pathetic brat forum nonsense... as for cope india.. reminds me of the USAF pilots crackin jokes abt iaf... although a neutral ... preferably american source would be helpful...
Su-30 MKI

The Su-30MKI Info Page - Vayu Sena

su30hudf16copeindia.jpg

Ex-Cope India 2005, A Su-30 MKI of IAF Squadron No.30 locks USAF F-16.

Mig-29

mig29-22.jpg

Photofeature: Aircraft Cockpits - Vayu Sena

MiG-29 were the first to have Helmet Mounted Sights.
Mirage 2000s,SEPECAT Jaguars are getting HMDS,their upgrades are going own (deliveries have begun).
IN MiG-29ks have HMDS too.

Soon we will be an all HMDS IAF,with HMDS on all our frontline aircrafts.

Dude prodive sources of the HMDS ordered!?

Im sorry but it hasnt been inducted... And is "likely" ( unlikely) to be inducted by end of 14 or 15...

I believe you don't know any better than our airforce chief and defence minister

Defence Minister A.K. Antony said after handing over the Release to Service Certificate of the country’s own LCA to the Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne at a function in Bangalore.
Tejas an ideal replacement for MiG, says Antony - The Hindu

Please spare us this biased pathetic brat forum nonsense... as for cope india.. reminds me of the USAF pilots crackin jokes abt iaf... although a neutral ... preferably american source would be helpful...

Whether you like it or not,the article I provided I provided is from the mainstream Bharrat Rakshak website,which is an authentic source of info on Indian Armed Forces.I will agree with you that the BR forum is extremly biased,but the info on the mainstream website can be trusted.

The video in which USAF pilot "crackin jokes abt iaf..." about the perforamce in Red flag,he praises the MiG-21 Bisons.

USAF explains 'Cope India' Results

Dude prodive sources of the HMDS ordered!?

For the Jags:
USAF explains 'Cope India' Results

Air Chief Marshal Naik said that the government had now decided to process the case on the “single vendor” basis keeping in view what is available, and most suited, and negotiate with the selected manufacturer.

IAF has nearly 125 twin-engine Jaguars, dubbed as Deep Penetration Strike Aircraft (DPSA) for ground attack role when the deal was initially signed. The aircraft can carry nuclear weapons.

Upgrades of the IAF Jaguars would also include modernisation of avionics, sensors for night operations, and integration of helmet mounted sights for the pilots.

The Jaguars are equipped with two Adour Mk811s turbofan engines but it has been observed that the fighters were low on thrust and were no longer fit for the new role the IAF had for them. In addition, India’s hot climate further distressed the matter. Hence, new high thrust engines for the Jaguars were sought and the two contenders to provide new engines were Rolls-Royce with its Adour Mk821s and US-based Honeywell with F125IN. As for the upgrades of the IAF Jaguars, these will include modernisation of avionics, sensors for night operations, and integration of helmet mounted sights for the pilots besides the new engines.

India to Settle for a Single Vendor for Jaguar Upgrade

About the Mirage-2000s

Dassault flies first upgraded Indian Mirage

The upgrades will see the installation of the Thales RDY radar, a new glass cockpit with helmet-mounted display system, upgraded avionics with a brand new electronic warfare suite and an operational data link. In January 2012, the Indian air force selected MBDA’s Mica missile as the primary air-to-air weapon for its upgraded Mirage 2000s. Its order was worth €950 million ($1.3 billion) for approximately 500 missiles.

The lock for indian planes appears to be on the screen display

Our system enable pilots to target , planes 180 degree by just looking at the target and pressing shoot down that target

Big difference the indian systems are closer to our F7 and Mirage platform , perhaps marginally better

The indian upgrade won't take effect till 2015-2020 till then its looking at data on screen

What does that mean elite member?Please elaborate it on a more simple language!

Big difference the indian systems are closer to our F7 and Mirage platform , perhaps marginally better

Are you saying that Helmet mounted sights in our platforms are closer to your F-7s and Mirages?What Helmet Mounted Sights are used in your F-7s and Mirages?How did you come to that conclusion?Please prove what you said.

The indian upgrade won't take effect till 2015-2020 till then its looking at data on screen

Indian aircrafts are already equipped with Helmet mounted sights and Heads up display ,while su-30 mki and lca tejas are equipped with HMDS.Others will be getting better HMDS with their upgrades.So we already have helmet mounted sight capability.

Yes it is the only one as of right now which PAF carries however, it won't be the only one that PAF will carry a little birdy told me look out for it soon people ;)

Last edited:
that's the only one we have as far as i know

That is the only JHMCS in use. This is the one used by USAF as well and if I recall correctly was initially developed by Elbit Systems of Israel and later adopted by US.

Like it or not, many new defense technologies are developed by Israel these days. Pakistan must also proactively pursue developing technologies and be self sufficient, the only way nations can safeguard their sovereignty and security in the long term

Our system enable pilots to target , planes 180 degree by just looking at the target and pressing shoot down that target

Just look up the specs for the Dash III and TOPSIGHT-I HMDS. They can both display flight data and cue missiles. If you think the Indian systems are closer your F7 and Mirage IIIs you are high.

Just look up the specs for the Dash III and TOPSIGHT-I HMDS. They can both display flight data and cue missiles. If you think the Indian systems are closer your F7 and Mirage IIIs you are high.

He is always high. He, Nishan 101 etc. are special members on PDF whom advisable number would be put on shame to even PLA.

Perhaps I am not clearly seeing the parts where the new technology is visible for targeting and cuing and engagement interfaces

MIG-21:

IMG_7379-715129.JPG

MIG-23/27

221_012.jpg

Jag

4738588354_523d270b45_b.jpg

Mirage -2000
4738588912_ea2981de96_b.jpg

SU-30mki & MIG-29
1564933.jpg

Its quite possible that between 2015-2022 India will update the visors for newer planes and upgrades and that I was also under an impression is the case for on going upgrades or newer planes

Any Indians care to share some imagery with new helmets in case these new assets are already in indian hands ?

Last edited:
Perhaps I am not clearly seeing the parts where the new technology is visible for targeting and cuing and engagement interfaces

MIG-21:

IMG_7379-715129.JPG

MIG-23/27

221_012.jpg

Jag

4738588354_523d270b45_b.jpg

Mirage -2000
4738588912_ea2981de96_b.jpg

SU-30mki & MIG-29
1564933.jpg

Its quite possible that between 2015-2022 India will update the visors for newer planes and upgrades and that I was also under an impression is the case for on going upgrades or newer planes

Any Indians care to share some imagery with new helmets in case these new assets are already in indian hands ?

ps2hk.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom