What's new

PAF Participating in Międzynarodowe Pokazy Lotnicze AIR SHOW

Thanks.

SDF is Sino-Defense Forum. Its FC-1 / JF-17 thread used to be a primary source of information until about 5 years ago. Now PDF is the primary source of information for JF-17 and posters from here update that thread on and off. Sometimes posters from PDF share pictures and posts without attribution to the original content owner / creator. That might happen to your pictures & posts. So, it was just a friendly nudge from me about this issue.

My interest is for the exposure and marketing of JF-17, for which SDF thread still serves as a source. Its important that significant information shared here be posted there as well.

In my view participation in Polish air-show is a marketing effort from PAF for JF-17. With Block-III JF-17 would be a very viable product for Eastern & Central European markets. It is also a strong hint of a change in power plant. RD-93 may not be seen in Block-III.

Maybe the PAF or PAC could hire a professional design firm such as Landor Designs or Futurebrands to help them design a standardized brand,Liveries and Special Liveries and coat of arms

Maybe the PAF or PAC could hire a professional design firm such as Landor Designs or Futurebrands to help them design a standardized brand,Liveries and Special Liveries and coat of arms
Waste of money. They have internal design shops working on such things. All militaries do. Also such firms are not very sensitive to cultural and historical norms. For example the Arab countries use such companies for their military badges etc. and in most cases they end up with Crusader shields. You will rarely see this with Pakistani military badges/patches.

Last edited:
My interest is for the exposure and marketing of JF-17, for which SDF thread still serves as a source. Its important that significant information shared here be posted there as well.

In my view participation in Polish air-show is a marketing effort from PAF for JF-17. With Block-III JF-17 would be a very viable product for Eastern & Central European markets. It is also a strong hint of a change in power plant. RD-93 may not be seen in Block-III.

Exactly. I was at the Berlin ILA airshow 2018 in the April and sorely felt the absence of JF-17. I could talk with Wng. Cmdr Yasir (Pakistani Tom Cruise) and other PAF personal present at the Radom airshow. They hinted about the talks with Germans regarding the participation in ILA2020.

The thing is that these airshows are expensive and require advance planning. It might dissuade PAF from regularly showing up at the international events. But again, as you mentioned, these airshows are great occasions to show off the capabilities of the plane and to market it. Therefore, I would say that it would be money well spent.

Really looking forward to the BLK-3. Its more important to have proper upgrades in the engine and avionics and to have solid testing, rather than to prematurely rush the platform into the production.

Last edited:
Exactly. I was at the Berlin ILA airshow 2018 in the April and sorely felt the absence of JF-17. I could talk with Wng. Cmdr Yasir (Pakistani Tom Cruise) and other PAF personal present at the Radom airshow. They hinted about the talks with Germans regarding participation in ILA2020.

The thing is that these airshows are expensive and require advance planning. It might dissuade PAF from regularly showing up at the international events. But again, as you mentioned, these airshows are great occasions to show the capabilities of the plane and to market it. Therefore, I would say that it would be money well spent.

Really looking forward to the BLK-3. Its more important to have proper upgrades in the engine and avionics and to have solid testing, rather than to prematurely rush the platform into the production.
It is a mindset. All airshows are expensive. Their (PAF) advance planning and rehearsals are just not good enough. It will take them time to realise that....they are feeling the heat at air show exhibitions....hopefully they'll feel the heat at airshows. Sir Yasir should know better from his training in the US.

It is a mindset. All airshows are expensive. Their (PAF) advance planning and rehearsals are just not good enough. It will take them time to realise that....they are feeling the heat at air show exhibitions....hopefully they'll feel the heat at airshows. Sir Yasir should know better from his training in the US.

I think that Saffron Bandit was going on just before the departure of the PAF contingent for Poland. That might have affected their preparations. Though as a general comment, I might agree.

However, financial concerns are real and for an airforce operating on a tight budget, regular appearances at the international airshows is definitely a very costly option.

W/C Yasir is not actively flying these days, as he is currently posted at the AHQ. Soon young Sqn Ldrs will be taking over as demo pilots.

U are such an idiot along with the rest of the immigrant fan boys. PAF is not a circus. And nobody gives a $hit.
I am an idiot who has been fortunate to have grown up in PAF, and to have been the son and grandson PAF officers(father is a instructor fighter pilot, grandfather was an eye surgeon). My shit for criticism is for them to get better (I could be wrong at times as I am not in the service yet).....so if you want to insult me more, please go ahead....

Good to day to you sir.

I think that Saffron Bandit was going on just before the departure of the PAF contingent for Poland. That might have affected their preparations. Though as a general comment, I might agree.

However, financial concerns are real and for an airforce operating on a tight budget, regular appearances at the international airshows is definitely a very costly option.

W/C Yasir is not actively flying these days, as he is currently posted at the AHQ. Soon young Sqn Ldrs will be taking over as demo pilots.
I meant from his UPT days when they hosted airshows in the US. I agree that regular appearances can be costly, but if you have a good demo practiced routinely by an assigned demo pilot who not only knows how to fly but know how to talk and be a good representative of their team, squadron, service and country, then there would definitely be more recognition. SoloTurk is one good example.

Cheers !!!

U are such an idiot along with the rest of the immigrant fan boys. PAF is not a circus. And nobody gives a $hit.

You can make your point without insulting others. Such unwarranted degrading & personal attacks bring the quality of the forum down.

Personal attacks or name calling are not allowed. Member can continue debate without stooping to such level or agree to disagree with respect. Offender thread banned for specific time.

Regards,

Personal attacks or name calling are not allowed. Member can continue debate without stooping to such level or agree to disagree with respect. Offender thread banned for specific time.

Regards,

Dear Sir. Personal attacks are bad, I agree. But attacks on Pakistani military institutions, officers, and projects are equally bad. I humbly request you to please apply the same severe penalty for these offences. Please note my request is not because of this current thread. Rather, I am talking in general about the kinds of comments posted on the forum. For what it's worth, I take these attacks as personal attacks. Thank you for your kind consideration.

I am an idiot who has been fortunate to have grown up in PAF, and to have been the son and grandson PAF officers(father is a instructor fighter pilot, grandfather was an eye surgeon). My shit for criticism is for them to get better (I could be wrong at times as I am not in the service yet).....so if you want to insult me more, please go ahead....

Good to day to you sir.

I meant from his UPT days when they hosted airshows in the US. I agree that regular appearances can be costly, but if you have a good demo practiced routinely by an assigned demo pilot who not only knows how to fly but know how to talk and be a good representative of their team, squadron, service and country, then there would definitely be more recognition. SoloTurk is one good example.

Cheers !!!
The days of the “officer & a gentleman” need to return.

Moreover, if you intend to sell the JF-17 and represent it; then you need to be better salesmen. That means accepting that Staff college and Risalpur arent the best schools for it nor should they be.

Just as there should be(hopefully are) qualified PMP’s on JF and other projects, there should be seperate
Civilian or institution trained sales personnel familar with the market and product.

While there are hard working personnel in the PAF media team, sometimes it seems their suggestions don’t end up being followed .

40508794_1702535083192002_5232381901632700416_o.png

Back
Top Bottom