What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Make in India f15ex

Why are people comparing J-10C to F-15EX? They are not the same class. J-10 series were designed as air superior fighter jet while F-15E or EX are multi-route and air to ground striking tasks. If Pak air force needs a bombing truck, why not order some J-16 from China, which can carry 12 tons of ammo instead?
People do that.
I compare myself to Tom cruise and then I realise...I am truly in a league of my own ...loooool

I think it will be counter-productive for both parties to openly acknowledge the terms. But it is an open secret and not just in case of the US but yes, US is the one with the most restrictions on usage. As for our procurement terms with reference to India there are two different eras, two different levels of relationships and usage.

Our initial F16 procurement was a direct purchase at that time and use against India was the prime role. US had no issues in fact they used to openly support us in the name of maintaining balance of power in South Asia. However, the later acquisitions were part of Coalition support against WoT (usage: anti-terrorism) and by this time our relations had deteriorated significantly and US had tilted towards India. India raised concerns and this time US's didn't refer to the balance of power instead these new birds/upgrades came for WoT.
Hence, the issue.

The article is interesting and it makes sense that retaliation is considered a defensive act which does give us some more space. Agree, once we have J10s in required numbers then PAF would be happy keeping F16s to defensive roles only.
But fighter jet inherently is not a defensive weapon. The only possible option to use it defensively is to attack enemy's military assets well within your airspace or within your own borders. The modern day range and lethality of weapons means that you are already screwed if you are "defending" your state by attacking enemy assets within your own boundaries. So it doesn't make any sense to acquire and maintain fighter bombers for solely defensive purposes. That's why 1st DG ISPR tried to fool people that we haven't used any F-16s in this operation, just fearing US backlash.

Same is the reason why we couldn't get modern gunship helicopters from the US as we would have to provide them guarantees to use them against TTP only in western theatre and wouldn't be used against India, while many others are flying and displaying Apaches in their museums acquired from the US.

Last edited:
I want J-10Cs carrying dummy nuclear armed ALCM flying past on 23rd of March with this sound playing in the background! Meanwhile keep fakhr-e-Alam silent for couple of moments too 😜

Heck we couldn't do it on the F-16s so what! We have a brand new bird to deliver the message of peace 🕊️

Last edited:
Is there a thread dedicated for geopolitical discussion? I humbly suggest that we should stick to the topic of the thread instead of posting a long post on other subject.
Thanks. I was trying to put J-10CP purchase in context. This purchase will help keep IAF on back-foot for some years and there are geopolitical implications. I do agree that it is on the edge of permissibility as far as current discussion is concerned.

Hi,

On JF17 BLK 3 thread I cannot post or reply. My right to post has been taken away.

Messiach made a comment about TOT on the russian engine---Deino replied out of ignorance---and lack of knowledge---" ask for link posters can only know so much ".

When Messiach answered about the engine---Deino did not have the ability to understand what she was saying---. In the end she had to explain---like a university professor explaining it to school children.

Moderators and Think Tank members on this forum need to have the ability to have basic fundamental knowledge to have enough knowledge of the system in question.

@Deino---I know that SQ8 out of hate for me has a soft spot for you---but your conversation with messiach has proved my point that you are not very knowledgeable about weapons and its machines.

She had made a clear comment and yet you could not understand it---and then you shamelessly begged her to explain it to you in layman's terms.

Don't you feel embarrassed that you do not even have that fundamental knowledge about the system in question.

But then it is wweapons world---is it truth or is it deception---

There are certain other items on the J10C's and JF13 blk 3's and their TOT---the information of which will take a long time to come out and will surprise many into saying ---" eh what"????

Guys wait and see.
Rupprecht Deino is globally respected for his knowledge and works. Just saying.

Perhaps because India would likely not go for any other asset & Rafales would not be available quite as soon as India might hope. This would allow PAF to induct J-10 in growing numbers, thus maintaining parity (or an edge even). This course of action would commit IAF to a multi-year program from which it can not eke out a significant advantage. The next round would likely be stealth in, say, 7-9 years; & PAF would have already devised a solid plan about that.
I believe they are in talks for local line. If their media si to be believed, imo that is a distinct possibility. so we should not pray that.

What are the chances of conformal fuel tanks on jf17 and j10CP?
on 17 None

Rupprecht Deino is globally respected for his knowledge and works. Just saying.
More importantly, he will be remembered and cited long after in academic publications unlike truck salesmen.

Thanks. I was trying to put J-10CP purchase in context. This purchase will help keep IAF on back-foot for some years and there are geopolitical implications. I do agree that it is on the edge of permissibility as far as current discussion is concerned.
Lest anyone forget that the J-10 procurement has been “ongoing” in some form or another since 2006.

Back
Top Bottom