What's new

PAF is in Qatar with JF-17s and Mushaks.

Qatar's military defense budget is 2 billion dollars, that's comparable to ours while being a considerable smaller country both in land and population wise (only 2 million+).

Would they go for JF-17 when they have options of getting a more expensive Jet?

Last edited:
well its like asking if saudi arabia would be interesting in the jf-17? which would be no as they have the money to go advanced. but the mushaks however... are very good and if theres a civilian version, i would buy it as opposed to a 172. even saudi arabia has them

Iraq bought 20 for almost 200 million - with training etc... It can be lightly armed and equipped with FLIR aswell.

The baseline version is in service with dozen plus nations... Iran,Syria,Egypt,Oman etc...

Hmmm... China would likely be wary of a sale to Qatar what with CENTCOM based there. I doubt the US wants info on JF-17...But some of its weaponry may be of interest (SD-10, C-802, CM-400AKG ect). This is why western supplied radars are important for PAF, it gives sales options that dont raose the hairs on your allies necks. The buyer is in conflict with the west, no problem... Chinese avionics and weapons. The buyer is too close to the wesf for Chinese comfort... No problem... Western avionics.

Hmmm... China would likely be wary of a sale to Qatar what with CENTCOM based there. I doubt the US wants info on JF-17...But some of its weaponry may be of interest (SD-10, C-802, CM-400AKG ect). This is why western supplied radars are important for PAF, it gives sales options that dont raose the hairs on your allies necks. The buyer is in conflict with the west, no problem... Chinese avionics and weapons. The buyer is too close to the wesf for Chinese comfort... No problem... Western avionics.

If sale of JFTs to Qatar ever happened then most probably they would go for western avionics and engine as ME countries prefer western equipment, so no issue for China.

Iraq bought 20 for almost 200 million - with training etc... It can be lightly armed and equipped with FLIR aswell.

The baseline version is in service with dozen plus nations... Iran,Syria,Egypt,Oman etc...
yes i know. it's a very good plane. to be honest, i paid attention when south africa purchased it.

Why would they Stopover in Qatar before 2 months of Morocco Airshow??

And Read it Mushaq and JF-17 went there by The Invitation of Qatar Gov...

Perhaps since Qatar does not have any security concerns they have decided to spend less on their military. It would make sense if they decided to buy the JF17, it can do all the tasks Qatar will ever need, it is just much cheaper.

Although, they did sign a Rafale deal and show no content to stop purchasing advanced equipment so maybe Qatar just wants to quickly stock up their military equipment? Although that would make no sense since they have no security concerns...

Qatar's military defense budget is 2 billion dollars, that's comparable to ours while being a considerable smaller country both in land and population wise (only 2 million+).

Because the JF17 can do whatever the Qatari air force requires. Keep in mind Qatar has no current major security problems. Buying more expensive equipment would just be pouring money down the toilet.

THUNDER STRIKES DOHA
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1455005534.809357.jpg

They already have placed orders for rafale(24 of those) which is quite superior to JFT,going for jf-17 won't make sense for such a small country,MFI-17 is what they would go for.

Back
Top Bottom