What's new

PAF Fighter Jets land at multiple Motorways to demonstrate war air operational capability

Today morning motorway was closed southbound sheikhupura - kot abdul malik, northbound kot abdul malik-sheikhupura.

I think the motorway after kala shah kaku northbound is ideal as an alternate runway, in fact while I was traveling to isb on Friday they had removed all dividers in the same area and center of the road (divider) seemed to be recently repaired/painted, marking the intention of being used as a landing strip/runway. There are few more patches on the motorway (3 I think) which are intended to be used as airstrip/runways.

Today morning motorway was closed southbound sheikhupura - kot abdul malik, northbound kot abdul malik-sheikhupura.

I think the motorway after kala shah kaku northbound is ideal as an alternate runway, in fact while I was traveling to isb on Friday they had removed all dividers in the same area and center of the road (divider) seemed to be recently repaired/painted, marking the intention of being used as a landing strip/runway. There are few more patches on the motorway (3 I think) which are intended to be used as airstrip/runways.

Probably best not to identify location and this kind of information.

D18gM7YXcAAh3Gz.jpg

D18gVdkXcAAAj9x.jpg

D18gZWFXgAI59xE.jpg

Why would you give the sections names? if you have such info kindly dont share on a public forum such as this.

(VIDEO): PAF Fighter Jets land at multiple Motorways to demonstrate war air operational capability
18 Mar, 2019

video-paf-fighter-jets-land-at-multiple-motorways-to-demonstrate-war-air-operational-capability-1552905125-3738.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Air Force (PAF) on Monday carried out off-runway operations across the country at different locations on motorways and highways.

According to PAF spokesperson, fighting jets of the airforce landed on different motorways where they were refuelled and re-armed.

“The exercise was conducted to demonstrate the capability of PAF in being able to sustain high tempo air operations,” the spokesperson said.

Journalist Mona Khan also tweeted the development as she wrote: “# *PAFFighterAircrafts* link carried out off-runway operations from multiple locations along motorways&highways, today.

After landing, PAF fighter aircraft were refuelled and re-armed.exercise was conducted to demonstrate the capability of PAF in being able to sustain high tempo air ops.”

WATCH VIDEO here: link

This can be very helpful in scenario of actual war.

Back
Top Bottom