What's new

Overhyped HIMARS ‘Hits & Misses’ 6 Times To Sink Its Target In Live-Fire Drills In The South China Sea

Nan Yang

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Overhyped HIMARS ‘Hits & Misses’ 6 Times To Sink Its Target In Live-Fire Drills In The South China Sea​

By Tanmay Kadam - April 27, 2023

One of the US Army’s most popular weapons, the HIMARS multiple launch rocket system (MLRS), missed its target during a live-fire exercise in the South China Sea on April 26.

The live-fire exercise was part of this year’s edition of the annual US-Philippines’ Balikatan’ military exercises, and the Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. observed from a tower with US Ambassador to the Philippines MaryKay Carlson seated beside him as the much-touted High Mobility Artillery Rocket System or HIMARS missed its target, which was a decommissioned warship.

The two HIMARS launchers fired six times at the former Philippine navy corvette, BRP Pangasinan, and missed each time; however, a barrage of ordnance from the US and Philippine artillery and aircraft finally sank the vessel.

So many American weapons are much hyped, like their F-35, now they are also trying to sell navy ships commissioned just for a couple of years, they themselved call those ships craps.

HIMARS has been a huge success in Ukraine destroying many Russian bases, logistics points, armor etc.

And Russias ability to target HIMARS has been a massive failure. Not a single documented loss since HIMARS arrived in June last year.

HIMARS performance has been incredible and will only improve as GMLRS-ER and PRSM come online.

HIMARS has been a huge success in Ukraine destroying many Russian bases, logistics points, armor etc.

And Russias ability to target HIMARS has been a massive failure. Not a single documented loss since HIMARS arrived in June last year.

HIMARS performance has been incredible and will only improve as GMLRS-ER and PRSM come online.
And yet it's still kicking Russia's ***.

Without context this article is meaningless.
lol, thread quality of these yahoo went down hill quick

They have already opened one of those thread, and already explained, HIMARS is not designed to strike Naval targets except probably for ATACMS, firing 6 shot means it has to be GMLRS round, either M30 or M30A1.

Saying HIMARS is overhyped because they can't do something they weren't designed to do is basically stupid, it's like US testing Patriot Missile on ground target and they all missed then Patriot is overhyped......Or saying Russian S-300 only be able to hit 5 out of 20 target the last time Russia fired at Ukraine means S-300 is "overhyped"

HIMARS is "HYPED" because of its hundred of ground strike go boom video, which is what they were supposed to do.

MARS is not designed to strike Naval targets except probably for ATACMS, firing 6 shot means it has to be GMLRS round, either M30 or M30A1.

Saying HIMARS is overhyped because they can't do something they weren't designed to do is basically stupid, it's like US testing Patriot Missile on ground target and they all missed then Patriot is overhyped......Or saying Russian S-300 only be able to hit 5 out of 20 target the last time Russia fired at Ukraine means S-300 is "overhyped"

HIMARS is "HYPED" because of its hundred of ground strike go boom video, which is what they were supposed to do.
Then Why US shot them to a deserted powerless ship multiple times? trying hard to humiliate itself?

Then Why US shot them to a deserted powerless ship multiple times? trying hard to humiliate itself?
Read the article again, it said this

The HIMARS’ failure to hit a vessel at sea wasn’t a big deal, according to Mannweiler. The training tested troops’ ability to sense a ship and pass targeting information to weapons operated by the U.S. and Philippines, he said.

Just because we don't use M2 to shoot down aircraft anymore, that does not mean we can't do anti-aircraft drill with a Ma Duece, there are a lot of things to train beside gunnery skill you know.

But then who am I talking to? Expect people like you to know stuff like this? LOL, you should go with "HIMARS bad because it can't sink a ship" :lol: :lol:

In case you still too stupid to understand any of this. They shot at the ship to show they KNOW the ship is there and pass that info to other weapons operated by the US and Philippine, namely the Fighter and ship that sunk that target ater on, sometime you need someone to guide you to a target, it's like the time I shot tracer round with my M4 on a Iraqi BMP to alert the gunship ahead where that BMP was. Does that mean my M4 is bullshit because my tracer isn't killing that BMP?

Read the article again, it said this

The HIMARS’ failure to hit a vessel at sea wasn’t a big deal, according to Mannweiler. The training tested troops’ ability to sense a ship and pass targeting information to weapons operated by the U.S. and Philippines, he said.

lol, what a lame face saving excuse, how about next time shooting 100 of them to "test troops ability to sense a ship"? 6 is obvious not enough to get a sense of anything.

lol, what a lame face saving excuse, how about next time shooting 100 of them to "test troops ability to sense a ship"? 6 is obvious not enough to get a sense of anything.
sure, that's must have been coming from your countless hours from the battlefield to come to that conclusion, when you go on a frontline, you tell the gunship above you and yell at the radio and keep saying "Can you see the enemy" Then we can talk.

By the way, each pod have 6 missiles, that's why they shoot 6, and if you are stupid enough to think you will shoot 100 missile in training mission, then all I can say is you should be barred from any leadership position within PLA.:rofl::rofl:

And the "Hype" not that it was important anyway, is from the hundred if not thousand of video of the aftermath of HIMARS strike, now come back to me and talk about being "Hype" when you have same amount of video on Chinese MLRS hitting those target.

I mean, when you know shit, YOU ALWAYS KNOWS SHIT. That's something never change :lol: :lol: :rofl:

is Chinese planning on copying HIMARS?

its called LOMARS!

Sure, not withstanding the insult, if you are dumb enough to fire 1000 missile in a training mission, that's something wrong with you, not me.......

:rofl: :rofl:
LOl, such a lame excuse, shooting 6 rockets to get a sense of a ship, under the watch of The Philippines president, how dumb a mind would come up with this stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom