What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the nation does not unite on an honest leader..

A band of thieves is their only punishment....

a07a47f5b425df191af04b172296a817.jpg

So reports about dissidents in army top commands against Asim Munir isn't true. There might be some opposition in Army against Asim but not to the level where Asim would be sacked or forced to resign. There is no hope as long as Asim remains COAS.

Looks like IK would be again in a jail soon and this time Army will kill anyone who would come close to Cantonment. Fuzla would take care Bandiyal and rest of the SC judges.
Have you heard this? It's scary of true, and to be honest it makes sense as well. They planned to get cc lhr and his family killed and get ik and pti banned.

The nation is united, the problem is we will have to pay in blood maybe even more than we payed during 1947 to finally achieve true independence.

It is like how US transitioned from George Washington's United States to Abraham Lincoln's United States, either we prosper and survive or cease to exist as a nation.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share my two cents. Kindly refrain from any disrespectful reply.

1. The current situation is very unfortunate. However, one must remember that our people are a very emotional lot. Discrediting and trying to destroy an institution, which is the only working institution in this country, is not the way to go. Whether or not you agree with my political views, you must agree that it is the only working institution. The army continues to defend the borders, fight insurgencies, put up with the most difficult and demanding situations in the toughest conditions with very little pay. They have never protested in the streets a la the judiciary, teachers, railway workers, doctors etc. They have never stopped working a la the bureaucracy, the judiciary and so forth.
2. IK is a man who has a (huge) bruised ego. Having gone from strength to strength, he refuses to accept that he's been ousted. And right now, the only thing he has on his mind is getting back into that chair, come what may. He cares not for the country and its stability, but for proving himself a victor, for proving himself in the right. His actions, and those of his supporters clearly show this.
3. Notwithstanding the above, even if he does care, his coming back into power won't really make much a difference to the overall prosperity and well being of Pakistan. IK is 70 now? He gets elected for a 5 year term, and by the end he'll be 75? Do you really believe that he'll be able to bring the change in 5 years that he was unable to bring in his first 3.5? Especially after having alienated every single institution and political party in this country? Never in the history of Pakistan has an elected leader been re-elected (short-term/Ghajini memory, but more on that later), but let's say that he does. Let's say he lives till 80. I can tell you one thing for certain. He will not be able to bring about change and reform in the fields of bureaucracy, judiciary, police and education that we most desperately need. Hell, he was unable to even initiate any changes in the aforementioned fields, what to speak of bringing about some fairytale revolution. And let's face it, building langars and community accommodation for the poor, whilst charitable and laudable acts, aren't exactly the solution. We need changes and reforms in the aforementioned fields more than anything else. At the end of his term the bureaucracy was still divided and inefficient, the courts were still backlogged and filled with corrupt individuals, the police were still a band of goons, and the education setup was still in a state of shambles. But, let's say that he is able to initiate changes in these fields. What's going to happen the moment he steps off the throne? The corrupt individuals with vested interests who shall follow him shall immediately reverse those changes and we'll be back to square one. But what will we have achieved? A damaged army. And please mark my words - an army isn't raised overnight. It takes generations, decades, centuries.
4. What IK and his goons have attempted to do is to create a rift in the army. What many fail to realise is that the army is, by its nature, a hierarchical institution, in which orders are taken seriously. Failure to obey is taken seriously. It is not a place where turncoats are taken to kindly. Otherwise, it would've been like the Punjab Police. When you ask the rank and file to rise up against their senior officers then you are trying to create a structural fault line in the army. This may not seem a very serious issue for you. However, please take into consideration the fact that if they rise up and disobey now, tomorrow they'll refuse to obey orders of stand in at their post. Why should they die for the very people pelting stones at them? Why should they widow their wives and orphan their children for those who mock them and hurl abuses at them? I'll tell you why - they obey orders. Case in point, the shuhada of Qilla Saifullah yesterday.
5. Our nation unfortunately has a very short term memory. We seem to forget things very quickly unless they keep ticking on the TV screen against the backdrop of an upbeat tune, with the ticker being read aloud in the most sensationalist manner possible. The very same people pelting stones today, were openly critical of IK's tenure in government a year ago. And they shall be just as critical once he comes into power. These very people have given flowers to our men in uniform. And if we go back a few years, these very people have picketed the funerals of our shuhada. They have refused to offer funeral prayers of the men who died for them. But then, I do not expect much from this nation. Honestly, what hurt me most was the desecration of monuments made to honour our shuhada. Men who gave their lives for their pathetic existence. Men who died for them. Kabhi unki maon say jaakay poochna k kaisa lagta hai apni aulaad ki tasveer ko jaltay dekh kay. You might not understand it. You have never lost a family member, a son, a father, a husband, a brother for a nation which ridicules them, mocks them, burns their photos, desecrated their monuments. I almost wish that they too carry the coffin of their son in uniform, of him being lowered into the ground draped in the flag as The Last Post plays - but then I'd be just as bad as them.
6. Personalities come and go. Institutions stay. Do not destroy the only working institution of this country. IK will go, having accomplished nothing worthwhile, having delivered nothing worthwhile. But please don't let him destroy this institution. Has the army not made mistakes in the past? Yes, it has. It definitely has. The army should not be involved in politics. But this is not the way. This will not happen overnight. This requires time, patience, cooperation, it requires the development of a strong democratic system which is beyond the pettiness of name calling and gainsaying which our pathetic political scene is made of. This is not the way.

There's a lot more I wish to say but I shall leave it. You might disagree with me, and I'll respect that. But do take your time to think deep. Let's stop seeing things in black and white and start seeing them for what they really are: a hideous grey.

Pakistan Zindabad.

There was a Twitter account that was revealing the names and addresses of close family members of Asim Munir and other Corp Commanders that are living abroad. It might have been shut down. However, exposing the family member names & addresses of the handlers will make them think twice before giving orders to shoot civilians.
Should have made o screenshot of it !

1. The current situation is very unfortunate. However, one must remember that our people are a very emotional lot. Discrediting and trying to destroy an institution, which is the only working institution in this country, is not the way to go. Whether or not you agree with my political views, you must agree that it is the only working institution. The army continues to defend the borders, fight insurgencies, put up with the most difficult and demanding situations in the toughest conditions with very little pay. They have never protested in the streets a la the judiciary, teachers, railway workers, doctors etc. They have never stopped working a la the bureaucracy, the judiciary and so forth.
2. IK is a man who has a (huge) bruised ego. Having gone from strength to strength, he refuses to accept that he's been ousted. And right now, the only thing he has on his mind is getting back into that chair, come what may. He cares not for the country and its stability, but for proving himself a victor, for proving himself in the right. His actions, and those of his supporters clearly show this.
3. Notwithstanding the above, even if he does care, his coming back into power won't really make much a difference to the overall prosperity and well being of Pakistan. IK is 70 now? He gets elected for a 5 year term, and by the end he'll be 75? Do you really believe that he'll be able to bring the change in 5 years that he was unable to bring in his first 3.5? Especially after having alienated every single institution and political party in this country? Never in the history of Pakistan has an elected leader been re-elected (short-term/Ghajini memory, but more on that later), but let's say that he does. Let's say he lives till 80. I can tell you one thing for certain. He will not be able to bring about change and reform in the fields of bureaucracy, judiciary, police and education that we most desperately need. Hell, he was unable to even initiate any changes in the aforementioned fields, what to speak of bringing about some fairytale revolution. And let's face it, building langars and community accommodation for the poor, whilst charitable and laudable acts, aren't exactly the solution. We need changes and reforms in the aforementioned fields more than anything else. At the end of his term the bureaucracy was still divided and inefficient, the courts were still backlogged and filled with corrupt individuals, the police were still a band of goons, and the education setup was still in a state of shambles. But, let's say that he is able to initiate changes in these fields. What's going to happen the moment he steps off the throne? The corrupt individuals with vested interests who shall follow him shall immediately reverse those changes and we'll be back to square one. But what will we have achieved? A damaged army. And please mark my words - an army isn't raised overnight. It takes generations, decades, centuries.
4. What IK and his goons have attempted to do is to create a rift in the army. What many fail to realise is that the army is, by its nature, a hierarchical institution, in which orders are taken seriously. Failure to obey is taken seriously. It is not a place where turncoats are taken to kindly. Otherwise, it would've been like the Punjab Police. When you ask the rank and file to rise up against their senior officers then you are trying to create a structural fault line in the army. This may not seem a very serious issue for you. However, please take into consideration the fact that if they rise up and disobey now, tomorrow they'll refuse to obey orders of stand in at their post. Why should they die for the very people pelting stones at them? Why should they widow their wives and orphan their children for those who mock them and hurl abuses at them? I'll tell you why - they obey orders. Case in point, the shuhada of Qilla Saifullah yesterday.
5. Our nation unfortunately has a very short term memory. We seem to forget things very quickly unless they keep ticking on the TV screen against the backdrop of an upbeat tune, with the ticker being read aloud in the most sensationalist manner possible. The very same people pelting stones today, were openly critical of IK's tenure in government a year ago. And they shall be just as critical once he comes into power. These very people have given flowers to our men in uniform. And if we go back a few years, these very people have picketed the funerals of our shuhada. They have refused to offer funeral prayers of the men who died for them. But then, I do not expect much from this nation. Honestly, what hurt me most was the desecration of monuments made to honour our shuhada. Men who gave their lives for their pathetic existence. Men who died for them. Kabhi unki maon say jaakay poochna k kaisa lagta hai apni aulaad ki tasveer ko jaltay dekh kay. You might not understand it. You have never lost a family member, a son, a father, a husband, a brother for a nation which ridicules them, mocks them, burns their photos, desecrated their monuments. I almost wish that they too carry the coffin of their son in uniform, of him being lowered into the ground draped in the flag as The Last Post plays - but then I'd be just as bad as them.
6. Personalities come and go. Institutions stay. Do not destroy the only working institution of this country. IK will go, having accomplished nothing worthwhile, having delivered nothing worthwhile. But please don't let him destroy this institution. Has the army not made mistakes in the past? Yes, it has. It definitely has. The army should not be involved in politics. But this is not the way. This will not happen overnight. This requires time, patience, cooperation, it requires the development of a strong democratic system which is beyond the pettiness of name calling and gainsaying which our pathetic political scene is made of. This is not the way.

There's a lot more I wish to say but I shall leave it. You might disagree with me, and I'll respect that. But do take your time to think deep. Let's stop seeing things in black and white and start seeing them for what they really are: a hideous grey.

Pakistan Zindabad.

It is dysfunctional. It has clearly shown it is supporting Zardaris and Sharifs and have become a roadblock towards elections. I could just about tolerate interference as long as there is a moral compass and they don't back corrupt vulture mafia families who have a 30 year track record of failure. But they are doing the opposite and stopping elections and the most popular leader in the country taking control.

If the army want to put things right then they should begin an internal investigation and purge all the generals who are Sharif and Zardari supporting and come clean with the people and facilitate elections.

There is no justification for corruption and incompetence. The game is up. Everyone now knows the reality of the situation.

Then someone has to do what has to be done with these thieves !

I’m too old now unfortunately…

On social media : Army fans , PDM fan Bois and nationalist Indians are all playing cozy cozy in bed together holding each other’s balls whispering sweet words to each other while advocating racism sexism violence against the common Pakistani man woman boy & girl .

Shocking .

Pakistan Zindabad.

First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a socialist.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
—Martin Niemöller

I would rather die like a lion then live like a slave for a measly hundred more days, with the utmost respect to hell with your property dealers, it was the COAS and his goon generals who you should blame for the desecration that the shuda received not the man who wants to bring real democracy and rule of law to the nation, in-fact it was his goons literally.

This fight is for my children to live in a free Pakistan so again with utmost respect again F you and F your haramkhor army.

This is going to be a very costly mistake by the generals. If they want to play the TTP game with PTI it will put KPK on the edge.

I've been telling people this in the past year. Now it seems as if everyone has woken up and smelled the coffee.

If Imran Khan is eliminated then Pashtun diaspora will be to Pakistan as Sikh diaspora is to India.

IK has truly exposed the real face of the establishment. They are a nasty bunch who don't give a damn about the people and have been profiting for decades at the expense of everyone else. Psychopathic and very incompetent too. They are the worst of us. They are holding the country hostage. They are not ideologically Pakistani, they are opportunistic parasites.

If you don't stand for your rights now, they will become even more heavier handed as they have been becoming.

Do you see parallels with what happened with Morsi in Egypt around 2013 and IK today?

It is escalating and it’s time for people within forces to stop this madness. Time to man up and earn the right to wear the flag.

There is a widespread belief among army officers that Imran Khan's actions and words have resulted in the loss of public trust and admiration for the army. Despite the speculations and rumors on social media, it appears that the army personnel are in complete agreement in their disapproval of Imran Khan. This conclusion is based on my conversations with several serving officers. While some of them do acknowledge the mishandling of the situation by their superiors and generally disapprove of the use of unnecessary force against civilians, none of them believes that Imran Khan is the solution to Pakistan's problems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom