What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They are hand in hand and work with the Sharifs and Zardaris.

Yes, they might be on the same page for the time being, given their aligned interests. But let's not forget that the Sharifs and Zardaris are essentially the smaller players in this game.

For me the army lost its credibility and status when they brutally assassinated Arshad Sharif. IK nor PTI had to tell me the obvious. All the army folk who are in denial need to wake up and smell the coffee.

It is because of the army we have Shahbaz Chor Sharif and Asif Zardari in power right now. The army is the problem. The only reason another institution doesn’t exist is because clearly they have f***ed everything else over.

Completely concur...

But It is not only the Army that needs to improve its ways but also civilians and civilian institutions that must do the same.

First and foremost, civilian rulers need full power to run their affairs. The military needs to be completely decoupled from politics.

Even if it takes a 100 years for civilian rulers to improve I will take it over generals running the show. The generals are parasites. Their purpose to interfere in politics hasn't done any good. As it turns out, the military is in bed with foreign actors too. The military in Pakistan is a major obstacle to stability.

For me the army lost its credibility and status when they brutally assassinated Arshad Sharif. IK nor PTI had to tell me the obvious. All the army folk who are in denial need to wake up and smell the coffee.

It is because of the army we have Shahbaz Chor Sharif and Asif Zardari in power right now. The army is the problem. The only reason another institution doesn’t exist is because clearly they have f***ed everything else over.

The f***ed up thing for me is to look at what I was posting a year ago. Arguing that we can’t be anti army, we need the army, it’s the only institution that works and needs deep reforms.

At this point, I have to sadly concede that I was wrong and that the army is the root of all problems in Pakistan. We need to blame them for everything that they have done- assassinate Fatima Jinnah, Liaquat Ali, treat the Bengalis like crap, force 71, nurture all these corrupt politicians like Bhutto and Sharifs, create havoc by suppressing people outside of Punjab before this year and now even in Punjab this last year, undermining the judiciary starting from Muneer, and recently killing Arshad Sharif, and trying to kill IK too.

What sort of national army is this? I don’t mind if we were just a security state like Prussia was a security state, but the Prussian army developed Germany. They didn’t f*** it up.

The f***ed up thing for me is to look at what I was posting a year ago. Arguing that we can’t be anti army, we need the army, it’s the only institution that works and needs deep reforms.

At this point, I have to sadly concede that I was wrong and that the army is the root of all problems in Pakistan. We need to blame them for everything that they have done- assassinate Fatima Jinnah, Liaquat Ali, treat the Bengalis like crap, force 71, nurture all these corrupt politicians like Bhutto and Sharifs, create havoc by suppressing people outside of Punjab before this year and now even in Punjab this last year, undermining the judiciary starting from Muneer, and recently killing Arshad Sharif, and trying to kill IK too.

What sort of national army is this? I don’t mind if we were just a security state like Prussia was a security state, but the Prussian army developed Germany. They didn’t f*** it up.

This is an army that brought shame upon Pakistan. Just have a good look at the OBL episode. We defended this army thinking it was defending Pakistan's interest. It is a farce. The army has played all sides. It has fooled everyone. Time for reckoning has come. Enough of this madness. These generals and soldiers need to be sent back to where they belong. They have no place in society and politics.

Looks like IK's ouster and arrest, orchestrated by the "naked beggars on the DC streets", has consolidated Reis Erdo'an's base for they've now understood what's awaiting them! The last survey on 25K folks before tomorrow's election shows he's winning with a 51.3% lead!

There is a widespread belief among army officers that Imran Khan's actions and words have resulted in the loss of public trust and admiration for the army. Despite the speculations and rumors on social media, it appears that the army personnel are in complete agreement in their disapproval of Imran Khan. This conclusion is based on my conversations with several serving officers. While some of them do acknowledge the mishandling of the situation by their superiors and generally disapprove of the use of unnecessary force against civilians, none of them believes that Imran Khan is the solution to Pakistan's problems.
The easiest way to reverse the damage to their public image is for the establishment to stage a coup conducted by juniors that remove COAS and Corp Commanders and conduct elections. This way the public will isolate the "bad army" from the "good army". Public image restored 100%.

Realizing the top brass have done wrong, but persistence in going down the confrontational path with Imran Khan and essentially the nation will continue to degrade the army's image. The establishment has still not realized that Imran Khan is larger than Pakistan.

Before you attack me for saying this, note the dramatic increase in immigration & brain drain after Khan was removed. This means that people have given up on a Pakistan without Imran Khan.

Seeing the Carnage and grave human rights abuse that Law enforcement Agencies have caused in Pakistan I Propose the addition of Following Constitutional Provision to be added to the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan

Recognizing the importance of protecting the privacy and property rights of individuals and ensuring their safety against unlawful intrusion, this proposal seeks to establish a constitutional provision granting citizens the right to self-defense specifically against unauthorized invasions of privacy and property without legal warrants by Law enforcement agencies with no repercussion against the exercising individual.

If anything, what we’ve learned from this drama is, never go full retard.

Peaceful protests is the way forward. You keep the pressure, build it to such extreme level, that forces the other side to make mistakes.

In the end the PDM/Establishment had to let go of IK even though they were in the mood to slap him with more cases and keep him in custody.
I think we've learnt full retard is the only way we'll ever be free of the establishment.

The easiest way to reverse the damage to their public image is for the establishment to stage a coup conducted by juniors that remove COAS and Corp Commanders and conduct elections. This way the public will isolate the "bad army" from the "good army". Public image restored 100%.

Realizing the top brass have done wrong, but persistence in going down the confrontational path with Imran Khan and essentially the nation will continue to degrade the army's image. The establishment has still not realized that Imran Khan is larger than Pakistan.

Before you attack me for saying this, note the dramatic increase in immigration & brain drain after Khan was removed. This means that people have given up on a Pakistan without Imran Khan.

Brother, removal of high command by “juniors” is always a bad idea aka colonel gaddafi or the many coups that you see by a junior officer in the African continent. Key word is coup because that is what it will be. The correction should be the nudge from the Chairman of joint staff committee to “advise” the COAS to step down for national good. If junior officers start overthrowing seniors, believe me it is a hell hole that you don’t want the country to enter in to. It’s like saying a worker of Imran khan overthrowing him and then what?! Another example, imagine a SHO who has no experience neither has seen anything besides his own “Thana” overthrowing the IG of the province how will that turn out? We need saner heads to make sane decisions that benefit the country not reverse back into chaos. My two cents, agree to disagree.

Completely concur...

But It is not only the Army that needs to improve its ways but also civilians and civilian institutions that must do the same.
I hear you but we are stuck in a loop . If you don’t allow democratic system to develop, you will never be able to filter crap out. People are not stupid, no matter what army top brass think. Army has to blink because awam is standing with someone whom they think can guide them in the right direction.

He must be given a true chance but the issue is army itself is involved in corruption now. Generals deep down know Khan can fix the country but Generals don’t see them having access to the same power and access to illegal wealth. Ala Turkey .

Brother, removal of high command by “juniors” is always a bad idea aka colonel gaddafi or the many coups that you see by a junior officer in the African continent. Key word is coup because that is what it will be. The correction should be the nudge from the Chairman of joint staff committee to “advise” the COAS to step down for national good. If junior officers start overthrowing seniors, believe me it is a hell hole that you don’t want the country to enter in to. It’s like saying a worker of Imran khan overthrowing him and then what?! Another example, imagine a SHO who has no experience neither has seen anything besides his own “Thana” overthrowing the IG of the province how will that turn out? We need saner heads to make sane decisions that benefit the country not reverse back into chaos. My two cents, agree to disagree.
Bro, Pakistan has been under military rule for half it's history. It's already a banana republic. During this time, it lost East Pakistan and over half the population, parts of Kashmir, 70,000 lives in WoT, economic damage which can quantified by remembering that no foreigner is stupid enough to invest here where anyone can be blown up at anytime.

Why is it that despite COAS unconstitutionally removing governments, we preach that chain of command is more sacred than the constitution, saving the country from collapse, or even firing on civilians? The very things every soldier has sworn an oath to protect? Why is there more loyalty to the COAS then to the people of Pakistan?

Furthermore, we have seen the establishment remove COAS over personal whims or even assassinate a COAS over foreign dictation. So why then does chain of command take a back seat in these scenarios?

You have army guys on this forum, mocking civilians that their opinions don't matter or joking that bullets await Imran Khan, like in the post below. It's as if the army treats this country like it's a colony or fiefdom. It's clear that there is truth to the saying, "every country has an army, but the Pakistan Army has a country".
You made it too easy so don't scowl at me :laugh:
No im serious, dont get angry at me.

CC house in cantt, some cantts are mixed, others are not. Battle Axe Div units are has been moved across airport and Askari X, almost adjacent to DHA-8. Similarly, most units of westridge Pindi have moved near Golra more near EME-C, since Pindi is also an mixed cantt, apart from Chaklala.

Rangers have a SF wing, trained by SSG, that SF wing was involved. Don't undermine Rangers.

And re-iterating the same point again, Military leadership is not bothered about civilian opinion, but the commanders of many Garrisons are, so if you steps taken in some cantts where military and civil work together for public, the orders are coming from Flag staff house of the area.

Flag staff house, is where the highest ranked military officer of the area resides.

No one asked PDF members to make demi-gods out of top brass or COAS the way they have made a demi-God out of IK. What is with this mentality anyway. Why is there a need to love or hate leadership, IMHO that below average thinking affecting every Pakistani. Get out of this rut, there has to be some love or hatred

Kisi ki TC karna bahut zaruri hay kiya ? Nahi, but it is coz that is what our culture is about. Instead of being the leader yourself, Pakistanis start following, start infatuating, start admiring, start idolizing someone up there in the top ranks, whether military or civil. What the hell is this mindset ?

So if some likeable COAS comes up, Pakistanis will join " COAS Lovers club" ? Just like Bilawal Lovers club :laugh:
Acha chalo, I put forward my point in a lighter mood.

Who in the first place is asking you to worship Generals ? In Pakistan military, you know what hold value ? Its the Regiment, the unit, the Paltan, the battalion. You know why ? Because that's all what remains, the unit remains, commander go after every few years. Soldiers dont think of commanders that way, because soldiers know they will get rotated. Sometimes they will get commanders they like, other times they won't. So till you get a COAS of your choice, maintain your stance.

You love armed forces but not the generals, bhai, ok i won't laugh sorry. Dislike Generals, it wont make any difference to the Generals or to GHQ or to the troops. So please, get out of this rut.

You can clearly see that COAS is now coming after IK through the doings of PTI workers. The pretext has been set through a plan. Army knows that IK will never stop talking about Army, like it or not, a bullet awaits him probably.

As for the steps I talked, military has been close to civilians and comes even closer due during any calamity or disaster or war or even in peace. So Military does the welfare part. Some good things do become part of culture. This is why I open topics related to military since I have seen many aspects of culture, but civilians generally and civilians on PDF have not.

Pakistan needs a strong operational system to the run the country which can stand adjacent to the military. That system is not law, its not politics, its not bureaucracy even. Its not IK even, coz that dumbo has made too many enemies within Pakistan when he is not in a position of power.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom