What's new

Our Indian headache!

Norwegian

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
809444-FarrukhKhanPitafiNewagain-1419009349-480-640x480.jpg

By the time these lines reach you, I am sure you would have read a host of pieces on the cruelty and barbarity of the Peshawar School massacre. Let me then express my heartfelt sorrow and move on to a byproduct of the sad episode. The tragedy occurred on December 16, the anniversary of the secession of East Pakistan in which India had contributed generously. It was natural that someone would mention India on one of our talk shows, even if in passing. Distraught Pakistanis have always heard rumours that India, through the Karzai government, might have befriended the TTP.

Then, out of the blue came Narendra Modi’s condemnation of the attacks and his decision toobserve a two-minute silence in the Indian parliament and in schools in solidarity with the victims. Even a hardened Modi-hater like me was moved. Yet if we were expecting to witness a change of heart in India, we were sadly mistaken. Within no time, Indian channels started interviewing Pakistani experts on telephone and every anchor would so callously trying to tell us that this is some sort of karma for harbouring the likes of Hafiz Saeed. One talk show was titled “Bad Taliban, Good Hafiz Saeed?” Pray, what was his connection with the Peshawar tragedy? Nothing. Just the old Indian attention-seeking tactic. It has to be the ultimate victim of terror. Secular India now regularly projects its Muslim population as a potential radical threat to grab international attention. Not that it is any of my business.

Subsequently, the appearance of Hafiz Saeed on national television, some rude comments about India and Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi’s release on bail, were to prove godsend for India’s Pakistan bashing industry. Now it was as if the innocent little angels were not butchered in Peshawar but in India. Since then, the Indian media is acting as if an attack on it is imminent. Sorry to disappoint the drama queens there, but nothing of the sort is to happen. Not that anyone cares what their rabid media thinks but because Islamabad had promised to some of its closest allies that it will not let anything of the sort happen in the aftermath of Mumbai and since then, has walked the talk.

Keen as India is to remind us that we have a Muslim terrorist problem, it has never tried to search its own soul. If Pakistan is a security state today, it is because since its very inception, India has exerted tremendous pressure on the nascent country through its soft power. Guess why was Gandhiji killed? Because he had protested against the Indian government’s decision to deprive the newborn country of its due cash balance. Indian rulers and important ministers continuously kept predicting our premature demise. Indian actors have accepted some of the worst roles in foreign films depicting Pakistanis. It is not about the four open wars that the two countries fought. It is about a single indivisible cold war that India has fought against my poor country and transformed us into the great regional tragedy.

Ever wonder why Pakistanis think India might have a hand in terrorism within Pakistan? It’s new national security adviser Ajit Doval’s video is online in which he confesses of spending seven years as undercover agent in Pakistan as a Muslim shrine devotee.. Who knows how many others are here doing what?

I don’t know what this inferiority-superiority complex thing is that India keeps channelling. Perhaps, suppressed hatred of centuries spent under Muslim rule. But it has made our lives hell. India says Pakistan has a Muslim terror problem. We sure do. Terrorists just killed 132 of our children. India says it has a Muslim terror problem of its own. What it doesn’t see is that its actual problem is the Hindu terror/extremist terror problem. Why do you think Pakistan parted its ways with India? Hindu-Muslim riots there have cost 10,000 lives since 1950. Pakistan’s fault? How do you think Modi rose to power? Until India doesn’t confront this menace, its secularism will remain a sham and it won’t be the hegemon it wants to be. It has subconsciously chosen to remain a petty country not a regional power. Otherwise sirs, stop worrying about us and move on.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 20th, 2014.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/809444/our-indian-headache/

When will this non-sensical obsession with India end?

@Pakistani shaheens @ChennaiDude @Akheilos @Hyperion @Soumitra @TimeTraveller @pursuit of happiness @TankMan @T-123456 @madooxno9 @scorpionx @Capt.Popeye @Tridibans @christian warrior @GR!FF!N @SpArK @utraash @Falcon29 @levina @Jf Thunder @Metanoia @halupridol @Krate M @dexter @jbgt90 @Pride @Star Wars @ROCKING @waleed3601 @ShowGun @danish_vij @manojb @Wolfhound @Koovie @KingMamba @venu309 @Pak_Sher @OrionHunter @Dr. NooB NinjA @UDAYCAMPU
@wolfschanzze @TheFlyingPretzel @DRAY @narcon @madooxno9 @danish_vij @FaujHistorian @1000 @FNFAL @gau8av @ROCKING @abhi21 @naveen mishra @Marxist @Kunwar Anurag Rathore @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Krate M @MastanKhan @Agent Smith @shuntmaster @dexter @Slav Defence @sur @XenoEnsi-14 @TankMan @DESERT FIGHTER @p100 @BDforever @hunter_hunted @Mav3rick @rockstar08 @asad71 @Major Sam @pursuit of happiness @Faizan Memon @Spy Master @ozzy22 @Manticore @war khan @ShowGun @Afridistan @Razia Sultana @madmusti @farhan_9909 @ghazaliy2k @Khalid Newazi

809444-FarrukhKhanPitafiNewagain-1419009349-480-640x480.jpg

By the time these lines reach you, I am sure you would have read a host of pieces on the cruelty and barbarity of the Peshawar School massacre. Let me then express my heartfelt sorrow and move on to a byproduct of the sad episode. The tragedy occurred on December 16, the anniversary of the secession of East Pakistan in which India had contributed generously. It was natural that someone would mention India on one of our talk shows, even if in passing. Distraught Pakistanis have always heard rumours that India, through the Karzai government, might have befriended the TTP.

Then, out of the blue came Narendra Modi’s condemnation of the attacks and his decision toobserve a two-minute silence in the Indian parliament and in schools in solidarity with the victims. Even a hardened Modi-hater like me was moved. Yet if we were expecting to witness a change of heart in India, we were sadly mistaken. Within no time, Indian channels started interviewing Pakistani experts on telephone and every anchor would so callously trying to tell us that this is some sort of karma for harbouring the likes of Hafiz Saeed. One talk show was titled “Bad Taliban, Good Hafiz Saeed?” Pray, what was his connection with the Peshawar tragedy? Nothing. Just the old Indian attention-seeking tactic. It has to be the ultimate victim of terror. Secular India now regularly projects its Muslim population as a potential radical threat to grab international attention. Not that it is any of my business.

Subsequently, the appearance of Hafiz Saeed on national television, some rude comments about India and Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi’s release on bail, were to prove godsend for India’s Pakistan bashing industry. Now it was as if the innocent little angels were not butchered in Peshawar but in India. Since then, the Indian media is acting as if an attack on it is imminent. Sorry to disappoint the drama queens there, but nothing of the sort is to happen. Not that anyone cares what their rabid media thinks but because Islamabad had promised to some of its closest allies that it will not let anything of the sort happen in the aftermath of Mumbai and since then, has walked the talk.

Keen as India is to remind us that we have a Muslim terrorist problem, it has never tried to search its own soul. If Pakistan is a security state today, it is because since its very inception, India has exerted tremendous pressure on the nascent country through its soft power. Guess why was Gandhiji killed? Because he had protested against the Indian government’s decision to deprive the newborn country of its due cash balance. Indian rulers and important ministers continuously kept predicting our premature demise. Indian actors have accepted some of the worst roles in foreign films depicting Pakistanis. It is not about the four open wars that the two countries fought. It is about a single indivisible cold war that India has fought against my poor country and transformed us into the great regional tragedy.

Ever wonder why Pakistanis think India might have a hand in terrorism within Pakistan? It’s new national security adviser Ajit Doval’s video is online in which he confesses of spending seven years as undercover agent in Pakistan as a Muslim shrine devotee.. Who knows how many others are here doing what?

I don’t know what this inferiority-superiority complex thing is that India keeps channelling. Perhaps, suppressed hatred of centuries spent under Muslim rule. But it has made our lives hell. India says Pakistan has a Muslim terror problem. We sure do. Terrorists just killed 132 of our children. India says it has a Muslim terror problem of its own. What it doesn’t see is that its actual problem is the Hindu terror/extremist terror problem. Why do you think Pakistan parted its ways with India? Hindu-Muslim riots there have cost 10,000 lives since 1950. Pakistan’s fault? How do you think Modi rose to power? Until India doesn’t confront this menace, its secularism will remain a sham and it won’t be the hegemon it wants to be. It has subconsciously chosen to remain a petty country not a regional power. Otherwise sirs, stop worrying about us and move on.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 20th, 2014.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/809444/our-indian-headache/

@Pakistani shaheens @ChennaiDude @Akheilos @Hyperion @Soumitra @TimeTraveller @pursuit of happiness @TankMan @T-123456 @madooxno9 @scorpionx @Capt.Popeye @Tridibans @christian warrior @GR!FF!N @SpArK @utraash @Falcon29 @levina @Jf Thunder @Metanoia @halupridol @Krate M @dexter @jbgt90 @Pride @Star Wars @ROCKING @waleed3601 @ShowGun @danish_vij @manojb @Wolfhound @Koovie @KingMamba @venu309 @Pak_Sher @OrionHunter @Dr. NooB NinjA @UDAYCAMPU
@wolfschanzze @TheFlyingPretzel @DRAY @narcon @madooxno9 @danish_vij @FaujHistorian @1000 @FNFAL @gau8av @ROCKING @abhi21 @naveen mishra @Marxist @Kunwar Anurag Rathore @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Krate M @MastanKhan @Agent Smith @shuntmaster @dexter @Slav Defence @sur @XenoEnsi-14 @TankMan @DESERT FIGHTER @p100 @BDforever @hunter_hunted @Mav3rick @rockstar08 @asad71 @Major Sam @pursuit of happiness @Faizan Memon @Spy Master @ozzy22 @Manticore @war khan @ShowGun @Afridistan @Razia Sultana @madmusti @farhan_9909 @ghazaliy2k @Khalid Newazi

.....Islamabad had promised to some of its closest allies that it will not let anything of the sort happen in the aftermath of Mumbai and since then, has walked the talk.
What the hell does this mean ... that pakistan supported the 26/11 massacre and would have done more had it not for these "closest allies"

I agree with the author...I have seen some of the interviews of NDTV and IBN live...They are simply out of sync with reality...Pakistan is in tough situation...Let us stand by the good people of Pakistan...We know we have to deal with Hafeez Sayeed and LeT people in Pakistan...But honestly, this is not the time to rake up such issues...Every issue needs some rght time and right situation...So i agree with author about unnecessary obsession of Indian media with Peswar issue...

How do you think Modi rose to power?

Ummm, I dont know, because the guy actually preformed well for 3 terms in an Indian state. And Congress approval rating was plummeting before hand. And maybe Congress's main man was a guy with a name only, with no administrative resume what so ever? Modi ran that campaign on good governance, not on caste, religions, blah, blah. AAP also won Delhi because they campaigned that way, but that fizzled.

I agree with the author...I have seen some of the interviews of NDTV and IBN live...They are simply out of sync with reality...Pakistan is in tough situation...Let us stand by the good people of Pakistan...We know we have to deal with Hafeez Sayeed and LeT people in Pakistan...But honestly, this is not the time to rake up such issues...Every issue needs some rght time and right situation...So i agree with author about unnecessary obsession of Indian media with Peswar issue...

If you think this is not the right time for Pakistan to deal with people like Hafiz Saeed then pray tell when is the right time ?
SMH

Last edited:
When India's nonsensical obsession with Pakistan ends.

The author makes some good points but he's saying what everyone already knows. Obviously India loves to bash Pakistan and it has undoubtedly tried its best to damage and destroy it - but that doesn't alleviate any of our own responsibility. After all, we did a lot too, that's just the way international politics are.

All of that is pretty much irrelevant to our terrorism problem and the recent 'awakening'.Most of that is the result of our internal problems, coupled with international politicians and countries eager to take advantage of those problems. India is not our only headache or enemy, not even close. Before we can start focusing on them, we need to fix our own issues.

That is not to say that we should just leave our eastern borders unprotected.

If you think this is not the right time for Pakistan to deal with people like Hafiz Saeed then pray tell when is the right time ?
SMH

I will ask other way around that if we think that we have to castigate Pakistan with Hafeez Sayeed then why do we even sympathize with Pakistan for Peswar attack? Should not we tell them that hey Pakistan ...you paid price because you support Mumbai attackers..?

So my point is that India and its Gov always stands with good people of Pakistan...So when we decided that at the national level we condemn terrorist, then let us stand with pakistan and its Gov for some more time till the peswar issue settles down and then we can bring Hafeez Sayees later on..Because bringing that topic is not going to solve our problem now...

The basic problem of pakistan comes from its founding principles which is based on religion rather than attributes of a modern nation state. Since pakistan is wedded to islamic nationhood, it cannot ignore islam in its laws or islamic concepts of rule in its governance system which cannot adapt to modern nation state system. A way out of the problem is to have a strong dictatorship and rule by law rather than rule of law which China has but only pak military is capable of doing it which many pakistanis do not want. It is this structural deficiency in pakistan and most islamic societies which is why all of them are facing violence within and outside.

how many Hindu where there in Pakistan at the time of Partition and how many are there now. On contrary, in India how many Muslims were there and how many we have now...and not to mention Muslim in India are one of the most non violent muslims with all respect to such religion. It is only certain countries where it is terrorist can live freely after killing so many innocent lifes. In any case, I think India and Pakistan should work together to resolve all issues so both country can progress, rather than tackiling this lawless terrorists.

I will ask other way around that if we think that we have to castigate Pakistan with Hafeez Sayeed then why do we even sympathize with Pakistan for Peswar attack? Should not we tell them that hey Pakistan ...you paid price because you support Mumbai attackers..?

So my point is that India and its Gov always stands with good people of Pakistan...So when we decided that at the national level we condemn terrorist, then let us stand with pakistan and its Gov for some more time till the peswar issue settles down and then we can bring Hafeez Sayees later on..Because bringing that topic is not going to solve our problem now...

And will sympathizing with Pakistani people solve our problem,eh sunshine ?
Emotions like sympathy exist at human level not at national level.
Only ideological states take decisions on emotions.
And those countries tend to be failed states. USSR ?Pakistan ?
Of course if ever there is time to take action against people like Hafiz Saeed it is now.Afterall the ideology he represents killed hundreds of innocent children.
If somebody really cares about those children he will take action against people like Saeed.
Sympathy won't deter terrorists from killing more children in future, will it ?

Surely no sane person would disagree with this.

Last edited:
And will sympathizing with Pakistani people solve our problem,eh sunshine ?
Emotions like sympathy exist at human level not at national level.
Only ideological states take decisions on emotions.
And those countries tend to be failed states. USSR ?Pakistan ?
Of course if ever there is time to take action against people like Hafiz Saeed it is now.Afterall the ideology he represents killed hundreds of innocent children.
If somebody really cares about those children he will take action against people like Saeed.
Sympathy won't deter terrorists from killing more children in future, will it ?

Surely no sane person would disagree with this.
Before man created society , these kind of people would be weeded out by evolution. Pfff.... :/

Make a distinction between people and country. Sympathize with the victims, but not the country which considers terrorists as assents. Without external factors pakistan will never act against hafiz sayeeds, never. The time already given is too much.

Is it not the distinction between Good Taliban and Bad Taliban that led to this massacre?
Quite the contrary actually. The massacre was revenge for a military operation against the Taliban - no distinction caused it.
They would've done it regardless of any distinction between Taliban.

I have started to love this liberal shit and crap its good entertainment and shows pathetic slave mind of our 1 % liberals who will do anything to please there master India.
Dude, that article is Anti-India and not Liberal at all. The comment about the obsession being nonsensical was added by the OP himself, not the author.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom