What's new

Opinionated - Can we reunite with Bangladesh / East Pakistan

When nationalists come into power in Pakistan who are followers of Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Ms. Fatima Jinnah, and same happens in Bangladesh, there's only logic that we reunite.

Our roots are the same, our objectives are the same and so our destination is the same.

In sha Alah. Fat chance but not impossible.

I suggest uniting with Zimbabwe instead as that would make as much sense.

Why unite with a impoverished and highly densely populated tiny entity (geographically) that is bound to go under water within a few decades anyway?

It never worked the first time around, it was a failed and forced marriage. We are much better off on our own.

Bangladesh will remain a quasi Indian colony

Exactly. You lot are the same mainly Dravidian lot. Part of the same family. Natural to join hands with the big brother eventually absorbing the little one.

Nah no need. We just need better ties. That's all, Nawaz/Zardari will loot Bengalis.

Just like we are trying to have better ties with Balochistan.
Can you imagine the impact on Pakistani federation if we reunite with Bangladesh.

Why would they reunite now that they're doing well financially?

i. We respect their mandate.

ii. We respect their talent.

When nationalists come into power in Pakistan who are followers of Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Ms. Fatima Jinnah, and same happens in Bangladesh, there's only logic that we reunite.

Our roots are the same, our objectives are the same and so our destination is the same.
200.gif

That would mean Bangladesh would have to take Zardaris and Sharifs.

That would be a deal breaker.

what is this obsession with gaining more area when you cant even manage your own! Our problems will not fade away suddenly if we become a bigger country! We need to focus on Pakistan alone and leave the rest of the world be it turkey or Muslim brotherhood or something else alone. manufacture some shit , sell it earn money, spend it on your country and be happy! Leave the world politics to bigger players!

The people who usually drive these changes - leaders, politicians, landowners and military - have nothing to gain from this. Why on earth would they want to share their spoils with the other??

In our history, we have only learnt how to invade or secede. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not aware of any 2 Muslim countries in history who have willingly become one.

Your country is going bankrupt. Why do you want to drag them into your cesspool? They are doing lot better without your help.

It was never a natural alliance. The only way we could have been reunited is… if we had the land border.

We could join a NATO like alliance of friendly countries which includes Bangladesh and have brotherly relationship with Bangladesh just like Saudi Arabia but that’s all about it

It was never a natural alliance. The only way we could have been reunited is… if we had the land border.

We could join a NATO like alliance of friendly countries which includes Bangladesh and have brotherly relationship with Bangladesh just like Saudi Arabia but that’s all about it
Alliance? East Pakistan was more Pakistani than West Pakistan. It never supported army dictatorship, martial law unlike West Pakistan where people welcomed martial laws

Back
Top Bottom