What's new

Operation Trident and Python - 1971 , Did Navy take those losses

Status
Not open for further replies.
in 1971 situation was totally different but today ALLAH k fazal se situation is different hai

@Slav Defence;
Our esteemed Niaz Sahab, is a long time veteran of the Oil Industry. With an amazing knowledge of Petroleum/Enegy matters (as I've found out on PDF). Apart from that he is a very thinking and articulate person on varied topics as reflected in his posts on this forum.

At that time he worked with Shell Oil in Pakistan and was a first-hand observer and participant in events. Hearing his account of them will be fascinating.

That is amazing,I think that he should describe his experience and events of which he was evident,himself...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
are you making it up? never heard about this.

That is simply a story. So do not give it much credence.

In 1999; the IN exercised its fleet in the Arabian Sea as part of Op Trishul. This was an exercise, since India and Pakistan were not officially at war.

But IF a war were were to be declared, then the IN was already mobilised and in position to set up a blockade.
Then what he says COULD have happened.
Coincidentally, at the time of Kargil; the POL reserves in Pakistan were abysmally low---it was said to be 6 days of operational reserves. Those are the facts of the matter.

That is amazing,I think that he should describe his experience and events of which he was evident,himself...:D

Do request him to. It will be fascinating to hear him.

That is simply a story. So do not give it much credence.

In 1999; the IN exercised its fleet in the Arabian Sea as part of Op Trishul. This was an exercise, since India and Pakistan were not officially at war.

But IF a war were were to be declared, then the IN was already mobilised and in position to set up a blockade.
Then what he says COULD have happened.
Coincidentally, at the time of Kargil; the POL reserves in Pakistan were abysmally low---it was said to be 6 days of operational reserves. Those are the facts of the matter.

Do request him to. It will be fascinating to hear him.

Well said....

Mr @niaz....
We request you kindly to share the event of which you,yourself was evident of,the event of 1971,what have you seen?what was your experience,what were the flaws,kindly post the even in SENIOR'S CAFE.
I hope that you will be pleased to share and teach us,the next generation of Pakistan.
Best Regards.

During the Kargil conflict, it was reported that the Indian aircraft carrier sailed past Karachi and anchored just outside Pakistan's territorial waters, PN dispatched a Destroyer and a Sub to investigate but the Indian carrier set sail.....on another occasion, an Indian merchant ship broke down and drifted into Pakistani waters, the Indians had to request US to tow back the stricken vehicle out of Pakistan's territory.

that accident happened around where Rajput dropped depth charges. amazing coincidence dont you think?

Lets leave it.... PNS Ghazi sunk by Indian ship that's the ultimate truth....

Lets live them with their false ego.

Well said....

Mr @niaz....
We request you kindly to share the event of which you,yourself was evident of,the event of 1971,what have you seen?what was your experience,what were the flaws,kindly post the even in SENIOR'S CAFE.
I hope that you will be pleased to share and teach us,the next generation of Pakistan.
Best Regards.

hey. if u want to know anything about indo pak wars, or about warfare at all, i am the guy to ask. i dare say there are not many here who are as well versed in the topic as me.

During the Kargil conflict, it was reported that the Indian aircraft carrier sailed past Karachi and anchored just outside Pakistan's territorial waters, PN dispatched a Destroyer and a Sub to investigate but the Indian carrier set sail.....on another occasion, an Indian merchant ship broke down and drifted into Pakistani waters, the Indians had to request US to tow back the stricken vehicle out of Pakistan's territory.

:you come up with the weirdest stuff windy :lol: its no surprise you seldom have a source to back you up

Were we not scanning Indians, post 1965, for the types of weapons they were acquiring.... their Styx missiles did the damage, but the same missiles failed against Israeli boats in Yom Kippur as they were well prepared

Was it the euphoria of 1965 which blinded us?

We were under sanctions by our sole supplier, the United States from 1965 to 1971 onwards.

that "accident" happened around where Rajput dropped depth charges. amazing coincidence dont you think?

Lets leave it.... PNS Ghazi sunk by Indian ship that's the ultimate truth....

Lets live them with their false ego.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-history-strategy/256141-pns-ghazi-indian-propaganda.html

We were under sanctions by our sole supplier, the United States from 1965 to 1971 onwards.

That is incorrect. Arms and Ammo was coming from US and CENTO through that time. For example, that is the time that the Sidewinders came to PAF and some F-86 sabres were configured to carry them. Just as F-104s got transferred from Jordan or stuff from Iran; all under instructions of the US. Then there were M-48s, Howitzers and other vehicles for the PA. Not to mention the Ammo. This continued even during the 1971 war itself as is well documented in the US State Department Archival releases.
Do not indulge in misinformation.

hey. if u want to know anything about indo pak wars, or about warfare at all, i am the guy to ask. i dare say there are not many here who are as well versed in the topic as me.

:you come up with the weirdest stuff windy :lol: its no surprise you seldom have a source to back you up

Hey then; do tell us more about that war. May be I missed it! :D

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-history-strategy/256141-pns-ghazi-indian-propaganda.html

you are an amateur in sub warfare, so your ignorance is forgiven. when a depth charge explodes, it does not immediately kill a submarine, but creates a damage which can be fatal later on. watch "Das Boot"

by the way i have noticed you conveniently skip the incriminating parts

ojl9ur.jpg

Hey then; do tell us more about that war. May be I missed it! :D

do i sense ridicule? my feelings are hurt

you are an amateur in sub warfare, so your ignorance is forgiven. when a depth charge explodes, it does not immediately kill a submarine, but creates a damage which can be fatal later on. watch "Das Boot"

ojl9ur.jpg

No, just intense curiosity. Since you said "hey. if u want to know anything about indo pak wars, or about warfare at all, i am the guy to ask. i dare say there are not many here who are as well versed in the topic as me."

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...d-navy-took-those-losses-2.html#ixzz2a3sxW5Vs

And I've never met anybody (so far) who has said that.
So go on.

ojl9ur.jpg

How could an Egyptian naval officer know the deployment of Indian ships during war time?

@Shinigami It is whats stated "a theory". There is no evidence that the sub was destroyed by a depth charge. [Indian claim]

You should have used your brain before, marking that blue line, read again and see whats wrong with your comprehension.

@Capt.Popeye

Only a handful of air crafts were transferred, and during the sanctions Pakistan was paying an arm and a leg for the spares. Ever wondered why we had to buy Mirages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom