What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

Why is that migrant worker who lives on Arab soil still barking and writing nonsense? Someone deport him.

akhi, if "absolute" kafir do it (attack mecca and madina), million indonesia muslim will go without gov instruction,

but if iran and their puppet do it, only indonesia muslim who know syi@h al majoo$i that will go to protect holy land. Majority don't know kafirin al majoo$i. We ahlussunnah indonesia are spreading information/fact about al majoo$i. Iran has approximately 300thousand puppet in indonesia. Still...tiny compared to hundred million suππy.

btw, sorry for my bad english...

Welcome brother. We salute our Indonesian brothers and sisters and especially the 10 million Indonesians of Arab ancestry. Indonesia (most populous Muslim country) is the land of Islam and an ancient partner and friend of the Arab world. As a Shafi'i Sunni Muslim I especially feel close affinity to South East Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei). Moreover in KSA itself (Hijaz) there is a sizable Indonesian community who are now citizens (as they migrated centuries ago continuously due to hajj, umrah and business). If I ever get any political power I will work to establish even closer ties to Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei.

Together with @Indos

That is right, we dont care about you.. and neither do you care about us. So our fight will continue.

Exactly my Kurdish friend.

Why is that migrant worker who lives on Arab soil still barking and writing nonsense? Someone deport him.

Welcome brother. We salute our Indonesian brothers and sisters and especially the 10 million Indonesians of Arab ancestry. Indonesia (most populous Muslim country) is the land of Islam and an ancient partner and friend of the Arab world. As a Shafi'i Sunni Muslim I especially feel close affinity to South East Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei). Moreover in KSA itself (Hijaz) there is a sizable Indonesian community who are now citizens (as they migrated centuries ago continuously due to hajj, umrah and business). If I ever get any political power I will work to establish even closer ties to Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei.

Together with @Indos

Exactly my Kurdish friend.

barokallahufiikum...

Why is that migrant worker who lives on Arab soil still barking and writing nonsense? Someone deport him

If u were talking about me i hold a pakistani and an american passport...i wish u arabs were powerful enough to deport my other passport..

The Arab Alliance Airforce has destroyed the following in recent air raids

1) Weapons storage houses in Aden
2) Electricity station in Sadaa
3) Market in Sadaa
4) Army bases in Sanaa

This guy is a serial retard. I am not kidding here. Take a look at his history. He has made one retarded claim after the other for years.
No wonder that he wants his 2 minutes of fame and appears this often on PressTV, sorry PissTV (no disrespect). That's the only Saudi Arabian that they have been able to find to date.

Anyway House of Saud or not Arabia will remain as has been the case for millenniums upon millenniums. We are talking about the oldest inhabited place on the planet outside of Eastern Africa/Horn of Africa. KSA will one day transform into a constitutional monarchy or even turn into a republic. We don't know. Iran never was a republic until 1979 although one could argue that the Supreme Leader might as well be a monarch as he has absolute power.

Anyway anything can happen but rest assured that life does not end with the House of Saud. Nor did it start with them. I for once like certain of their policies and dislike others. People are loyal to their ancient land and people. Not rulers that come and go although the House of Saud have the support of the majority of the people.

barokallahufiikum...

Ameen, wa iyyaak akhi.

You won't see me calling for Pakistani involvement. The Arab world is strong on its own. It if united (read worked together instead of not doing that) only USA, China and Russia would be stronger. The problem is the policy of many of the rulers and the lack of political initiative and differences in opinion.
It seems that changes are happening which is great. We have to solve our own house as big as it might be and as difficult as it might be to solve.

Let me post you this excellent article which every sane Arab would agree with. We have called for this for years. Just look at PDF and here we are less than 100 active Arab users. Enormous Arab forums much bigger than PDF have called for this too. Dozens of military forums too.

A salute to our heroes liberating Yemen

r1ydt2.jpg

Khalaf Ahmad al Habtoor
On Thursday, I awoke to news that brought peace of mind and filled my heart with pride, feelings I’m certain are shared by my Emirati compatriots and nationals of GCC states, and all dignified Arabs. Finally, we have taken command of our own destiny and control of our own security. For many decades, I’ve been longing for this very moment. Just when Yemen was going the way of Lebanon, Syria and Iraq – all Arab countries under Iranian domination via proxies – the tide is turning in our favour as I write.

It goes without saying that conflict should always be a last option, but there can be no meaningful dialogue with the Islamic Republic of Iran, a nation with ambitions of reinstating the Persian Empire and quashing Arabs under its boot, just as it has stamped upon Sunnis and ethnic/religious minorities in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq as well as the long-suffering Ahwazi Arabs.

Perhaps Iran can succeed in pulling the wool over the eyes of the P5 +1 whose representatives are negotiating over Tehran’s uranium enrichment program, but it cannot con its Gulf neighbours, who’ve fallen foul of Iran’s tricks time and time again.

There should be no stopping until Yemen is cleansed of pro-Iranian traitors and the legitimate government is reinstated in the capital, Sana’a. There should be no concessions made to the Shiite Houthi militias; those Iranian operatives have forfeited the right to call themselves ‘Arab’. They are betrayers deserving of the severest of punishments.

Ultimate betrayal
Fighters who choose to surrender do not merit trials; they should be shipped to their ideological motherland, Iran. Their actions - dissolving parliament, ejecting the democratically-elected president, taking over government buildings and terrorising Yemenis from north to south - constitute the ultimate betrayal.

I’ve observed Iran’s ideological and geopolitical expansion with great sorrow - and have long feared that without strong actions to thwart Iran’s aims, Gulf States risk being targeted next. But now that Saudi Arabia has launched “Operation Decisive Storm” together with its Gulf allies in Yemen’s defence at the request of the internationally-recognised government led by Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, I feel that a positive new page has been turned. This is what we have been hoping-for; this is what our people want.

Militias who make obeisance to the ayatollahs and have made armed incursions into Saudi Arabia cannot be permitted control over Yemen’s airplanes, missiles, tanks and other military equipment. And neither can they be trusted not to hold siege to the Bab el-Mandeb Strait that not only connects the Red sea with the Indian Ocean but is also a link to the Suez Canal.

We don’t require a green light from anyone to defend our land

Kudos to those GCC leaders who were courageous enough to take the right decisions! History will record this brave stance you have taken to defend Yemen’s sovereignty and our region’s security. Today, we have leaders willing to lead rather than follow diktats from big powers. Your names will be engraved on monuments and will remain in the hearts of our children and grandchildren. Bravo! May God help you always to do what is best for our Arab nation!

Defensive military intervention

‘Decisive Storm’ is the perfect name for this defensive military intervention taken by the descendants of some of the greatest Arab leaders beginning with the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH), whose victorious mantel was adopted by the second Muslim Caliph Omar ibn Al-Khattab, commander of the Muslim armies who defeated Khosrau, King of Persia and Heraclius, the Byzantine Emperor.

We are showing Iran and the world that we will no longer bury our heads in the sand while keeping up the pretence that all is well. We are displaying our strength with a massive show of military might thanks also to staunch backing from our allies – Egypt, Sudan, Jordan, Morocco and Pakistan, which have all pledged to contribute to this righteous battle. Thank you to all our friends who didn’t hesitate to stand with their Yemeni brothers in their hour of need.

It is my hope that the Arab League Summit to be held in Sharm el-Sheikh on March 28-29 will be just as decisive in its backing of a Joint Arab Force able to tackle any emergency in our part of the world. We can no longer rely on our western allies to do the job for us, especially when their foreign policies are muddled and incoherent. The U.S. is courting Iran in Switzerland and sharing intelligence with the Iranian military supposedly ‘advising’ the Iraqi Army in its campaign against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), even as it supports the Syrian opposition battling Iranian Revolutionary Guards and Hezbollah defending the criminal Assad regime.

I must admit that I’ve been irritated watching Western and Arab analysts discuss Yemen on various television networks. Invariably, presenters all ask the same question: Was ‘Decisive Storm’ launched with approval from the Obama administration? What kind of question is that?

Treated like underage children
We don’t require a green light from anyone to defend our land, the safety of our peoples or our collective dignity. As a nation of 367 million, acknowledged as the birthplace of civilisation, we resent being treated like underage children. We neither need nor should seek permission from anyone.

It is my fervent hope that once Yemen is delivered from the Houthi epidemic, this Saudi-led coalition made-up of ten likeminded countries will be preserved and will turn its attention of freeing Iraq from Persian occupation. Iraq must be ruled by loyal Arabs, whether Sunni or Shiite, not those on bended knee to a foreign state working against Arab interests.

And, God willing, the day will come when our beloved Lebanon and Syria will no more be enslaved to Iran’s bullying proxies, provided our leaders keep up this historic patriotic impetus. If we don’t free our Arab territories from the silent diseases tearing them apart, the peoples of the Gulf and those of our allies will remain in constant danger.

Lastly, I must congratulate our GCC leaders. You have made us proud. Your firm action permits us to hold our heads high; I pray that you will continue to defend our nation, our independence and our dignity. And to our armed forces, especially our pilots that risk their lives during every mission, I wish you every success. Keep safe and may God strengthen you in your task of protecting our Arab soil, our Yemeni brothers and sisters and our honour.

-------------------------------

Khalaf Ahmad al-Habtoor is a prominent UAE businessman and public figure. He is Chairman of the Al Habtoor Group - one of the most successful conglomerates in the Gulf. Al Habtoor is renowned for his knowledge and views on international political affairs; his philanthropic activity; his efforts to promote peace; and the has long acted as an unofficial ambassador for his country abroad.
Writing extensively on both local and international politics, he publishes regular articles in the media and has released a number of books.
Al-Habtoor began his career as an employee of a local UAE construction firm and in 1970 established his own company, Al Habtoor Engineering. The UAE Federation, which united the seven emirates under the one flag for the first time, was founded in 1971 and this inspired him to undertake a series of innovative construction projects – all of which proved highly successful.

Last Update: Friday, 27 March 2015 KSA 09:53 - GMT 06:53

Search on "A salute to our heroes liberating Yemen" (I cannot post links yet)

LOL. Al-Sisi is a gentleman.

I read whole points. Let's see act from Arab countries and GCC (monkey groups) to prevent Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Palestinian and more coming.

:coffee:

Saudi Arabia Evacuates Diplomats From Yemeni City as Houthi Advance Continues
By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICKMARCH 28, 2015
  • CAIRO — Saudi Arabia said Saturday that its navy had evacuated 86 Arab and Western diplomats from the port city of Aden in southern Yemen, as a Saudi-led coalition conducted a third day of airstrikes against the Iranian-backed Houthi movement.

Separately, Saudi Arabia confirmed that an American helicopter had rescued two Saudi pilots who ejected from an F-15 fighter over waters south of Yemen. The official Saudi Press Agency said the pilots had ejected because of a “technical fault” and were “in good health.”

The evacuation of the diplomats from Aden reflected the spreading chaos in Yemen as the Houthi-allied forces continued to advance, even under the pressure of the Saudi bombing. The breakdown of order has potentially grave consequences for the United States, because Yemen had been a central theater of the war with Al Qaeda, but the factional fighting has now forced the United States to withdraw its forces as well.

Aden is Yemen’s second largest city and had been the provisional headquarters of President Abdu Rabbu Mansour Hadi, the Saudi-backed Yemeni leader, since the Houthi forces overran the capital, Sana, in January. Mr. Hadi fled last month to Aden to make a last stand among his supporters in the south, but he, too, has now left Yemen, attending a meeting of Arab leaders on Saturday in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt.

The Houthi movement, based in northwestern Yemen, follows a form of Shiite Islam and has received financial support from Iran, the region’s Shiite power and the chief rival to Saudi Arabia. The Houthi surge has alarmed the Saudis about the possibility of an Iranian-backed group digging in on the southern tip of the Arabian Peninsula.

But the Houthis have also struck an alliance with Yemen’s former strongman, Ali Abdullah Saleh, who retained significant support among the Yemeni military and security forces even after he wasforced from power in 2012. Those forces have now fractured, and major factions have sided with Mr. Saleh and the Houthis against Mr. Hadi and his Saudi backers.

Residents of Aden said Friday that fighting had broken out in pockets around the city. Houthi-allied forces were advancing. Military forces nominally working for Mr. Hadi had switched sides or deserted and looters were pillaging military bases. Local militias with no affiliation with Mr. Hadi’s government were arming themselves to defend their neighborhoods or fight the Houthis.

Commercial flights to Yemen have been cut off, and the Saudi-led coalition has blockaded the ports.

The United States is providing intelligence and logistical support for the Saudi-led campaign, including conducting surveillance flights and providing refueling tankers, The Associated Press reported Saturday. State Department officials had said previously that the United States military was also helping the Saudis with targeting information.

Defense Department officials said the helicopter that rescued the two Saudi pilots had flown from a base in Djibouti, a small African nation that lies across a narrow strait from Yemen, The Associated Press reported. A destroyer, the Sterett, and an amphibious transport dock, the New York, were also involved, the report said.

The Houthi-controlled Interior Ministry in Sana said Saturday that at least 24 civilians were killed in Friday’s strikes, raising the two-day toll to 45 civilians as well as scores of fighters. Those numbers could not be confirmed.

Human Rights Watch said in a statement on Saturday that the Saudi-led air campaign had killed at least 11 and possibly as many as 34 civilians in Sana in the first two days of strikes. The group said that the 11 confirmed civilian deaths included two children and two women.

Amnesty International reported that at least 14 civilian homes in a predominantly Houthi neighborhood of Sana had been destroyed.

Other strikes have hit the northern city of Saada, a center of the Houthi movement. The coalition’s forces have also struck the northern city of Hudaydah and the southern city of Taiz, as well as Aden, all places where the Houthis have made recent gains.

• http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/29/w...ni-city-as-houthi-advance-continues.html?_r=0

A lot of butthurt I sense from ignorant trolls writing nonsense.

Keep it going.

2vj37et.gif

@Saif al-Arab
He also appeared on Al-Jazeera.
To which tribe do Al-Houthis belong and how big are they?

Yes. He is still famous for his retarded remarks. He has made 100 predictions so far if not more and none of them have turned into reality yet. He is blinded by his hatred to the House of Saud like many other dissidents. You have a much more knowledgeable and sane counterpart in Madawi al-Rasheed (she belongs to the former ruling house of the Emirate of Jabal Shammar - the House of Rasheed). She suffers from the same disease though.

What do you mean by tribe? Houthi's are named after their founder. This guy;

2vs13y1.jpg

Hussein Badreddin al-Houthi.

Today Houthi's have some support from numerous families/clans/tribes among the Zaydis in Northern Yemen but nothing serious. The thing is that Northerners are likely to take the side of any Northern based movement against the Southerners due to the rivalry. People only tend to look at the names of groups without seeing the whole picture or knowing the political, geographical, social and historical dynamics of Yemen. The only truly sectarian party in Yemen is the AQAP and to a smaller extent Houthi's. Other than that there is no trouble between the average Zaydi and Sunni Muslim of mainly the Shafi'i fiqh. Hence why Yemen has rarely if ever suffered from religious sectarianism (Sunni vs Shia) as we have seen in Iraq for instance for a long, long time now.

Once again I will refer to my previous long post about the situation. Post 1171.

I cannot post any links. Anyway why are you asking?

Yemen campaign key test for Saudi Arabia
By Michael StephensRoyal United Services Institute (RUSI), Doha
_81962003_41b0f1bc-6f2f-4d7f-b8d2-7c75fc9bcff8.jpg

A Saudi-led coalition launched air strikes after rebels closed in on President Hadi's stronghold
The decision by King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud to order airstrikes against Houthi rebels is the most important foreign policy decision undertaken by the House of Saud since revolutions swept across the Arab world four years ago.

Reports indicate that the Saudis have mobilised as many as 150,000 troops to their southern border primarily for the purpose of homeland defence, but also clearly to afford the kingdom the option to stage a ground war should it so choose.

Whether such a ground intervention will come is as yet unclear, but the kingdom has decisively played its hand against the Houthis, and in the process dramatically upped the stakes in a regional power struggle with Iran which now involves Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Bahrain and Yemen.

Saudi Arabia's major foreign policy decisions are usually the product of consensus among top princes, and the Yemen operation is no exception.

Indeed, had the previous King Abdullah still been alive he would almost certainly have come to the same conclusion.

Nevertheless, this is a real test for the new king, and failure to achieve Saudi Arabia's aim of reinstating ousted President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi would be an embarrassing defeat.

Failure is not an option, in particular for the king's 34-year-old son Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who as minister of defence is serving in his first senior post in government.

The risks for the young man are great.

His cousin Prince Khalid bin Sultan bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud launched what is widely regarded as a failed operation in Yemen in 2009, and his career has never fully recovered, with the one-time shoo-in for minister of defence seeing his portfolio dim dramatically.

Although Prince Mohammed is secure in his post, the problems would begin if his aging father were to pass away - the Byzantine world of Saudi court politics would be unlikely to forgive a failed Yemeni operation.The young prince must ensure that he gets this right. The stakes are high.

It is unlikely that the kingdom is looking to involve itself in a protracted conflict.

Saudi troops marching into Yemen have found it tough going since 1934. Logistics and supply lines are hard to maintain, and Yemenis know their rugged terrain better than any foreigner.

Leverage

An extended occupation of the country would be disastrously costly both financially and in terms of lives, even if the Houthi insurgency was militarily defeated.

The question is what does Saudi Arabia seek to achieve through the use of military force.

Air strikes alone will not be enough to defeat the Houthis, and a long term military operation would stretch Saudi operating capacity thin.

_81962009_8e53fc56-82bd-4071-aaed-c4eda27576a6.jpg

Air strikes have targeted arms depots and the Houthi movement's leaders
The message from Riyadh also leaves no doubt that the Saudis seek a negotiated settlement in which President Hadi brings together Yemen's different constituencies, including the Houthis, to work out a fairer constitutional settlement.

This could include a fairer distribution of provinces, and possibly more autonomy for Yemen's south where agitation from separatists is growing larger by the day.

Additionally, it is important to understand whether Saudi Arabia seeks a solution in Yemen with the hope of affecting affairs elsewhere in the Arab world.

Could for example, a political deal in which the Houthis are on the backfoot in Sanaa be used as leverage against the Iranians in Syria to force President Bashar al-Assad to step down from power or allow greater Sunni political influence in Baghdad?

Iranian support

It is a long shot but given current regional dynamics the Saudis will be looking to push all of the pressure points they can get against Iran and its allies.

Iran's position on Yemen is also quite clear - it seeks a political solution in Yemen that does not involve long term conflict and in which its allies, the Houthis, are given a seat at the table.

But should this not be possible the hardliners in Tehran would like nothing more than to see the Saudis bogged down in a conflict that they cannot hope to win.

Although Iran's logistical and diplomatic support to the Houthis has been fairly limited, the level of the military response in Riyadh shows that the Iranians clearly have the Saudis rattled, for far less time and money than the Saudis expended in Syria to force Iran's hand.

_81957509_81957508.jpg

Houthis have vowed to fight on in the face of the Saudi-led campaign
In a conflict in which no side has indicated that it seeks anything other than a diplomatic solution, it seems odd that the risk for protracted conflict is so high.

However, the Houthis do not look to be backing down.

Houthi leader Abdul Malik al-Houthi indicated in a televised address shortly after the airstrikes began that all foreign invaders would be resisted.

Yemen campaign key test for Saudi Arabia - BBC News

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom