What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

Because if they truly had the support of the Zaydi's they would have ruled Northern Yemen a long time ago as Northern Yemen is majority Zaydi Muslim. They have existed for over 20 years in case that you do not know and have always been a marginalized terrorist group/religious cult/organization (call it what you want).

Read the post I quoted (my own) in post 1352. Everything is explained there.

What are you talking about? Nobody sings about anything involving Iran. We are helping Yemen and the legitimate Yemeni government and people as Arabs. Where does Iran come into the picture? Only in your mind.

Yemen is not the poorest Arab country.

Since when is Al-Sisi "my dear". I don't support the killing of any civilian protestors. But since when is any MENA country a democracy? Did your beloved Mullah's not kill dozens of Iranian protestors in 2009 and did they not hang up to 10.000 political prisoners in 1988? Quit telling me that you supported the MB.

I don't care about any movement in the Arab world which you fail to understand. I care about the Arab world and the Arab people. I would support Egypt regardless of who rules it because I am able to distinguish between a few rulers and a few influential people (regardless who they are and which ideology they have) and the people.

You (Iranians) on the other hand do not care about Arabs or the Arab world. All you care abut is your few destructive proxies in the Arab world and their supporters. That's the harsh reality.

You type too fast and I'm too lazy to type that much as I've just arrived home from work, but:

You never ever condemned Sisi once and you are totally cool with Egypt's role.

And if dictatorship justifies killing civilians, I don't have anything more to say.

During 3 months of protests (8 months actually if we consider all the rallies), 36 people were killed in Iran including 10 security forces. Every civilian casualty counts and I'm not saying it's nothing, but compared to civilian casualties in many other ME countries, it's practically nothing.

So if you support Egypt no matter what and if you support those who you call 'rebels' in Syria who have been taking shelters in cities for years, while at the same time, calling Houthis who have barely killed any civilians since last September as terrorists, then I have every right to call you a hypocrite.

And almost all Arab members have been cheering on Yemen air raids and calling it a slap in Iran's face :lol:, while you claim that Iran's role is overrated, So which one should be believe?

Btw claiming that bombing a poor country like Yemen is fighting Iran is like U.S bombing France and calling it fighting Soviet Union. That's how stupid it sounds.

A salute to our heroes liberating Yemen

And here we go, you just posted an article full of bs which claims Yemen operation is actually fighting Iran. You don't even know what you believe in, this is a waste of time.

You won't see me calling for Pakistani involvement. The Arab world is strong on its own. It if united (read worked together instead of not doing that) only USA, China and Russia would be stronger. The problem is the policy of many of the rulers and the lack of political initiative and differences in opinion.
It seems that changes are happening which is great. We have to solve our own house as big as it might be and as difficult as it might be to solve.

Let me post you this excellent article which every sane Arab would agree with. We have called for this for years. Just look at PDF and here we are less than 100 active Arab users. Enormous Arab forums much bigger than PDF have called for this too. Dozens of military forums too.

r1ydt2.jpg

Khalaf Ahmad al Habtoor
On Thursday, I awoke to news that brought peace of mind and filled my heart with pride, feelings I’m certain are shared by my Emirati compatriots and nationals of GCC states, and all dignified Arabs. Finally, we have taken command of our own destiny and control of our own security. For many decades, I’ve been longing for this very moment. Just when Yemen was going the way of Lebanon, Syria and Iraq – all Arab countries under Iranian domination via proxies – the tide is turning in our favour as I write.

It goes without saying that conflict should always be a last option, but there can be no meaningful dialogue with the Islamic Republic of Iran, a nation with ambitions of reinstating the Persian Empire and quashing Arabs under its boot, just as it has stamped upon Sunnis and ethnic/religious minorities in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq as well as the long-suffering Ahwazi Arabs.

Perhaps Iran can succeed in pulling the wool over the eyes of the P5 +1 whose representatives are negotiating over Tehran’s uranium enrichment program, but it cannot con its Gulf neighbours, who’ve fallen foul of Iran’s tricks time and time again.

There should be no stopping until Yemen is cleansed of pro-Iranian traitors and the legitimate government is reinstated in the capital, Sana’a. There should be no concessions made to the Shiite Houthi militias; those Iranian operatives have forfeited the right to call themselves ‘Arab’. They are betrayers deserving of the severest of punishments.

Ultimate betrayal
Fighters who choose to surrender do not merit trials; they should be shipped to their ideological motherland, Iran. Their actions - dissolving parliament, ejecting the democratically-elected president, taking over government buildings and terrorising Yemenis from north to south - constitute the ultimate betrayal.

I’ve observed Iran’s ideological and geopolitical expansion with great sorrow - and have long feared that without strong actions to thwart Iran’s aims, Gulf States risk being targeted next. But now that Saudi Arabia has launched “Operation Decisive Storm” together with its Gulf allies in Yemen’s defence at the request of the internationally-recognised government led by Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, I feel that a positive new page has been turned. This is what we have been hoping-for; this is what our people want.

Militias who make obeisance to the ayatollahs and have made armed incursions into Saudi Arabia cannot be permitted control over Yemen’s airplanes, missiles, tanks and other military equipment. And neither can they be trusted not to hold siege to the Bab el-Mandeb Strait that not only connects the Red sea with the Indian Ocean but is also a link to the Suez Canal.

We don’t require a green light from anyone to defend our land

Kudos to those GCC leaders who were courageous enough to take the right decisions! History will record this brave stance you have taken to defend Yemen’s sovereignty and our region’s security. Today, we have leaders willing to lead rather than follow diktats from big powers. Your names will be engraved on monuments and will remain in the hearts of our children and grandchildren. Bravo! May God help you always to do what is best for our Arab nation!

Defensive military intervention

‘Decisive Storm’ is the perfect name for this defensive military intervention taken by the descendants of some of the greatest Arab leaders beginning with the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH), whose victorious mantel was adopted by the second Muslim Caliph Omar ibn Al-Khattab, commander of the Muslim armies who defeated Khosrau, King of Persia and Heraclius, the Byzantine Emperor.

We are showing Iran and the world that we will no longer bury our heads in the sand while keeping up the pretence that all is well. We are displaying our strength with a massive show of military might thanks also to staunch backing from our allies – Egypt, Sudan, Jordan, Morocco and Pakistan, which have all pledged to contribute to this righteous battle. Thank you to all our friends who didn’t hesitate to stand with their Yemeni brothers in their hour of need.

It is my hope that the Arab League Summit to be held in Sharm el-Sheikh on March 28-29 will be just as decisive in its backing of a Joint Arab Force able to tackle any emergency in our part of the world. We can no longer rely on our western allies to do the job for us, especially when their foreign policies are muddled and incoherent. The U.S. is courting Iran in Switzerland and sharing intelligence with the Iranian military supposedly ‘advising’ the Iraqi Army in its campaign against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), even as it supports the Syrian opposition battling Iranian Revolutionary Guards and Hezbollah defending the criminal Assad regime.

I must admit that I’ve been irritated watching Western and Arab analysts discuss Yemen on various television networks. Invariably, presenters all ask the same question: Was ‘Decisive Storm’ launched with approval from the Obama administration? What kind of question is that?

Treated like underage children
We don’t require a green light from anyone to defend our land, the safety of our peoples or our collective dignity. As a nation of 367 million, acknowledged as the birthplace of civilisation, we resent being treated like underage children. We neither need nor should seek permission from anyone.

It is my fervent hope that once Yemen is delivered from the Houthi epidemic, this Saudi-led coalition made-up of ten likeminded countries will be preserved and will turn its attention of freeing Iraq from Persian occupation. Iraq must be ruled by loyal Arabs, whether Sunni or Shiite, not those on bended knee to a foreign state working against Arab interests.

And, God willing, the day will come when our beloved Lebanon and Syria will no more be enslaved to Iran’s bullying proxies, provided our leaders keep up this historic patriotic impetus. If we don’t free our Arab territories from the silent diseases tearing them apart, the peoples of the Gulf and those of our allies will remain in constant danger.

Lastly, I must congratulate our GCC leaders. You have made us proud. Your firm action permits us to hold our heads high; I pray that you will continue to defend our nation, our independence and our dignity. And to our armed forces, especially our pilots that risk their lives during every mission, I wish you every success. Keep safe and may God strengthen you in your task of protecting our Arab soil, our Yemeni brothers and sisters and our honour.

-------------------------------

Khalaf Ahmad al-Habtoor is a prominent UAE businessman and public figure. He is Chairman of the Al Habtoor Group - one of the most successful conglomerates in the Gulf. Al Habtoor is renowned for his knowledge and views on international political affairs; his philanthropic activity; his efforts to promote peace; and the has long acted as an unofficial ambassador for his country abroad.
Writing extensively on both local and international politics, he publishes regular articles in the media and has released a number of books.
Al-Habtoor began his career as an employee of a local UAE construction firm and in 1970 established his own company, Al Habtoor Engineering. The UAE Federation, which united the seven emirates under the one flag for the first time, was founded in 1971 and this inspired him to undertake a series of innovative construction projects – all of which proved highly successful.

Last Update: Friday, 27 March 2015 KSA 09:53 - GMT 06:53

Search on "A salute to our heroes liberating Yemen" (I cannot post links yet)

Arabs were nothing before islam and are absolutely zero without it...
Arab nationalism is nothing to be proud of..

Middle East was the best Place to live in years ago well it still is than many Asian countries but its really sad to see all this happeniing there...I Hope its sorted out soon there!

By the Way i support Pakistan's definite role in the ongoing confilct along with other Major Arab States there like Egypt,Turkey,Kuwait,Jordan etc.Theres a huge population from Pakistan living there with families doing respectable Jobs and Businesses and earning very good amount.Then we have alot in common.So definately we shoudnt leave our friend alone in trouble!

Tommorrow they can play a vital role in nuking India along with us whenever we intend it and if we ask them of their cooperation:p:.Afterall Bad Neighbours shouldnt be left in peace either if they are seen troubling or bothering us and our Peace all the time!

Because if they truly had the support of the Zaydi's they would have ruled Northern Yemen a long time ago as Northern Yemen is majority Zaydi Muslim. They have existed for over 20 years in case that you do not know and have always been a marginalized terrorist group/religious cult/organization (call it what you want).

Groups sometimes get support when alternatives fail. Yemen wasn't exactly a booming, stable country and then suddenly the Houthis fucked everything up. If Saudi did not want Houthis to ever gain support in Yemen, they could have helped turn Yemen into a nation that was on the economical rise.

What are you talking about? Nobody sings about anything involving Iran. We are helping Yemen and the legitimate Yemeni government and people as Arabs. Where does Iran come into the picture? Only in your mind.

Then how come almost every post in this thread is about Iran? If someone didn't know anything about news, they would have assumed that Iran had invaded Yemen in recent months using hundreds of thousands of soldiers, put an Iraniani King as the head, and now Arabs are saving it...

Yemen is not the poorest Arab country.

There are 20 countries in the Arab league. If we go by GDP per capita, then you are right, it is not the poorest country. Mauritania, Comoros, and Somalia are poorer...but being number 17 out of 20 isn't something to be proud of, and I think after bombing them, maybe they will fall a rank or two.

For comparison, Qatar has a GDP of 103,900 per capita, while Yemen has...2,300.

Did your beloved Mullah's not kill dozens of Iranian protestors in 2009 and did they not hang up to 10.000 political prisoners in 1988? Quit telling me that you supported the MB.

Killing "dozens" in a country of 80million, even if true, is nothing compared to the deaths we have seen in the region.

However, you are right about the late 80s. After having a revolution that unseated a US supported monarch and then being forced to defend it's sovereignty against Iraq and MANY countries, and all the efforts to destroy it, difficult decisions were made.

@Saif al-Arab

I hope Pakistan will reject Arabs and no longer support on Arabs' many problems and depression, they have to deal themselves.

Our country will focus on their home first to rebuild everything and will become great King Caesar to control Arab and Iran world and likely divide them based on interests if Arabs countries and Iran doesn't calm down.

Pakistan should wait longer!

king-conan1-variant.jpeg

:enjoy:

You won't see me calling for Pakistani involvement. The Arab world is strong on its own. It if united (read worked together instead of not doing that) only USA, China and Russia would be stronger. The problem is the policy of many of the rulers and the lack of political initiative and differences in opinion.
It seems that changes are happening which is great. We have to solve our own house as big as it might be and as difficult as it might be to solve.

Let me post you this excellent article which every sane Arab would agree with. We have called for this for years. Just look at PDF and here we are less than 100 active Arab users. Enormous Arab forums much bigger than PDF have called for this too. Dozens of military forums too.

r1ydt2.jpg

Khalaf Ahmad al Habtoor
On Thursday, I awoke to news that brought peace of mind and filled my heart with pride, feelings I’m certain are shared by my Emirati compatriots and nationals of GCC states, and all dignified Arabs. Finally, we have taken command of our own destiny and control of our own security. For many decades, I’ve been longing for this very moment. Just when Yemen was going the way of Lebanon, Syria and Iraq – all Arab countries under Iranian domination via proxies – the tide is turning in our favour as I write.

It goes without saying that conflict should always be a last option, but there can be no meaningful dialogue with the Islamic Republic of Iran, a nation with ambitions of reinstating the Persian Empire and quashing Arabs under its boot, just as it has stamped upon Sunnis and ethnic/religious minorities in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq as well as the long-suffering Ahwazi Arabs.

Perhaps Iran can succeed in pulling the wool over the eyes of the P5 +1 whose representatives are negotiating over Tehran’s uranium enrichment program, but it cannot con its Gulf neighbours, who’ve fallen foul of Iran’s tricks time and time again.

There should be no stopping until Yemen is cleansed of pro-Iranian traitors and the legitimate government is reinstated in the capital, Sana’a. There should be no concessions made to the Shiite Houthi militias; those Iranian operatives have forfeited the right to call themselves ‘Arab’. They are betrayers deserving of the severest of punishments.

Ultimate betrayal
Fighters who choose to surrender do not merit trials; they should be shipped to their ideological motherland, Iran. Their actions - dissolving parliament, ejecting the democratically-elected president, taking over government buildings and terrorising Yemenis from north to south - constitute the ultimate betrayal.

I’ve observed Iran’s ideological and geopolitical expansion with great sorrow - and have long feared that without strong actions to thwart Iran’s aims, Gulf States risk being targeted next. But now that Saudi Arabia has launched “Operation Decisive Storm” together with its Gulf allies in Yemen’s defence at the request of the internationally-recognised government led by Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, I feel that a positive new page has been turned. This is what we have been hoping-for; this is what our people want.

Militias who make obeisance to the ayatollahs and have made armed incursions into Saudi Arabia cannot be permitted control over Yemen’s airplanes, missiles, tanks and other military equipment. And neither can they be trusted not to hold siege to the Bab el-Mandeb Strait that not only connects the Red sea with the Indian Ocean but is also a link to the Suez Canal.

We don’t require a green light from anyone to defend our land

Kudos to those GCC leaders who were courageous enough to take the right decisions! History will record this brave stance you have taken to defend Yemen’s sovereignty and our region’s security. Today, we have leaders willing to lead rather than follow diktats from big powers. Your names will be engraved on monuments and will remain in the hearts of our children and grandchildren. Bravo! May God help you always to do what is best for our Arab nation!

Defensive military intervention

‘Decisive Storm’ is the perfect name for this defensive military intervention taken by the descendants of some of the greatest Arab leaders beginning with the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH), whose victorious mantel was adopted by the second Muslim Caliph Omar ibn Al-Khattab, commander of the Muslim armies who defeated Khosrau, King of Persia and Heraclius, the Byzantine Emperor.

We are showing Iran and the world that we will no longer bury our heads in the sand while keeping up the pretence that all is well. We are displaying our strength with a massive show of military might thanks also to staunch backing from our allies – Egypt, Sudan, Jordan, Morocco and Pakistan, which have all pledged to contribute to this righteous battle. Thank you to all our friends who didn’t hesitate to stand with their Yemeni brothers in their hour of need.

It is my hope that the Arab League Summit to be held in Sharm el-Sheikh on March 28-29 will be just as decisive in its backing of a Joint Arab Force able to tackle any emergency in our part of the world. We can no longer rely on our western allies to do the job for us, especially when their foreign policies are muddled and incoherent. The U.S. is courting Iran in Switzerland and sharing intelligence with the Iranian military supposedly ‘advising’ the Iraqi Army in its campaign against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), even as it supports the Syrian opposition battling Iranian Revolutionary Guards and Hezbollah defending the criminal Assad regime.

I must admit that I’ve been irritated watching Western and Arab analysts discuss Yemen on various television networks. Invariably, presenters all ask the same question: Was ‘Decisive Storm’ launched with approval from the Obama administration? What kind of question is that?

Treated like underage children
We don’t require a green light from anyone to defend our land, the safety of our peoples or our collective dignity. As a nation of 367 million, acknowledged as the birthplace of civilisation, we resent being treated like underage children. We neither need nor should seek permission from anyone.

It is my fervent hope that once Yemen is delivered from the Houthi epidemic, this Saudi-led coalition made-up of ten likeminded countries will be preserved and will turn its attention of freeing Iraq from Persian occupation. Iraq must be ruled by loyal Arabs, whether Sunni or Shiite, not those on bended knee to a foreign state working against Arab interests.

And, God willing, the day will come when our beloved Lebanon and Syria will no more be enslaved to Iran’s bullying proxies, provided our leaders keep up this historic patriotic impetus. If we don’t free our Arab territories from the silent diseases tearing them apart, the peoples of the Gulf and those of our allies will remain in constant danger.

Lastly, I must congratulate our GCC leaders. You have made us proud. Your firm action permits us to hold our heads high; I pray that you will continue to defend our nation, our independence and our dignity. And to our armed forces, especially our pilots that risk their lives during every mission, I wish you every success. Keep safe and may God strengthen you in your task of protecting our Arab soil, our Yemeni brothers and sisters and our honour.

-------------------------------

Khalaf Ahmad al-Habtoor is a prominent UAE businessman and public figure. He is Chairman of the Al Habtoor Group - one of the most successful conglomerates in the Gulf. Al Habtoor is renowned for his knowledge and views on international political affairs; his philanthropic activity; his efforts to promote peace; and the has long acted as an unofficial ambassador for his country abroad.
Writing extensively on both local and international politics, he publishes regular articles in the media and has released a number of books.
Al-Habtoor began his career as an employee of a local UAE construction firm and in 1970 established his own company, Al Habtoor Engineering. The UAE Federation, which united the seven emirates under the one flag for the first time, was founded in 1971 and this inspired him to undertake a series of innovative construction projects – all of which proved highly successful.

Last Update: Friday, 27 March 2015 KSA 09:53 - GMT 06:53

Search on "A salute to our heroes liberating Yemen" (I cannot post links yet)

You sure he isn't your dear Al-hasani....

LOL. Al-Sisi is a gentleman.

These Iran backed Shia rebels in Yemen were fighting... none other than ISIS!

Saudi Arabia defeating the Shia rebels will turn Yemen into an ISIS paradise.

You (Iranians) on the other hand do not care about Arabs or the Arab world. All you care abut is your few destructive proxies in the Arab world and their supporters. That's the harsh reality.

That is right, we dont care about you.. and neither do you care about us. So our fight will continue.

@VelocuR

Pakistan is already part of the coalition although their role is small. Mainly limited to naval blockades.

Could you please name any Pakistani Navy assets contributing to maintain a naval blockade against Yemen?

Did you read what was posted? Pakistan will stand behind KSA if anyone dares to attack KSA. So will 95% of the Muslim world.

There is "IF" involved which explains that Pakistan is not taking any part in the Current action in Yemen as the KSA is attacking yemen and is NOT being Attacked.

You type too fast and I'm too lazy to type that much as I've just arrived home from work, but:

You never ever condemned Sisi once and you are totally cool with Egypt's role.

And if dictatorship justifies killing civilians, I don't have anything more to say.

During 3 months of protests (8 months actually if we consider all the rallies), 36 people were killed in Iran including 10 security forces. Every civilian casualty counts and I'm not saying it's nothing, but compared to civilian casualties in many other ME countries, it's practically nothing.

So if you support Egypt no matter what and if you support those who you call 'rebels' in Syria who have been taking shelters in cities for years, while at the same time, calling Houthis who have barely killed any civilians since last September as terrorists, then I have every right to call you a hypocrite.

And almost all Arab members have been cheering on Yemen air raids and calling it a slap in Iran's face :lol:, while you claim that Iran's role is overrated, So which one should be believe?

Btw claiming that bombing a poor country like Yemen is fighting Iran is like U.S bombing France and calling it fighting Soviet Union. That's how stupid it sounds.

And here we go, you just posted an article full of bs which claims Yemen operation is actually fighting Iran. You don't even know what you believe in, this is a waste of time.

That's something you always tell whenever we try to have a serious discussion. Wonder why, lol?

What are you talking about? I never took any sides in Egypt and condemned the killing of civilians whether by Al-Sisi or the MB. I stand behind Egypt regardless of who rules it. Do you even read what I write? The Egyptian users can all confirm this. I said the same when Morsi ruled and I say the same today when Al-Sisi is the president and I will say the same when @Frogman becomes the Egyptian president.

The point was the same. It happens in your country too and all over the MENA. You know why? Because democracy is absent.

Why did you omit the 10.000 political prisoners that were hanged in 1988 by the Mullah's of Iran?

FSA are not terrorists as much as you want them to appear that. I am against ISIS and Al-Nusra as I consider them terrorist groups. Houthi's are a terror cult too.

I do stand behind the Zaydi's as I stand behind the Sunnis of Yemen and Yemen as a whole.

The one I have always told and which is the reality. Iran's role in the media is hugely overrated but they play a role. Iran has send weapon shipments to the Houthi's and you support them politically. The Houthi's definitely belong in your camp. Although there is a long way from that and to conclude that Iran rules Yemen like some of your countrymen have claimed hilariously and even some Arabs.

That article is not full of bullshit at all. It's factual and the truth. That article was posted to show the entire world that if the Arab world works together on their own problems we don't need anyone else to tell us what to do or their help.

Last edited:
If war enters Saudi Arabia they will all come in

akhi, if "absolute" kafir do it (attack mecca and madina), million indonesia muslim will go without gov instruction,

but if iran and their puppet do it, only indonesia muslim who know syi@h al majoo$i that will go to protect holy land. Majority don't know kafirin al majoo$i. We ahlussunnah indonesia are spreading information/fact about al majoo$i. Iran has approximately 300thousand puppet in indonesia. Still...tiny compared to hundred million suππy.

btw, sorry for my bad english...

akhi, if "absolute" kafir do it (attack mecca and madina), million indonesia muslim will go without gov instruction,

but if iran and their puppet do it, only indonesia muslim who know syi@h al majoo$i that will go to protect holy land. Majority don't know kafirin al majoo$i. We ahlussunnah indonesia are spreading information/fact about al majoo$i. Iran has approximately 300thousand puppet in indonesia. Still...tiny compared to hundred million suππy.

btw, sorry for my bad english...
lol... why arent you joining ISIS already ? You will become a good suicide bomber :)

You are a joke.:lol: Arabs do not care about your opinion. What are you doing in Qatar anyway? Go migrate to Bangladesh or Iran.

Look around arabs are laughing stock of military world...
U cannot deal with yemen alone and u talk loud...
West sees you as an incompetent bunch with alot of free money for them to take...wake up..

Centuries of inbreeding has destroyed whatever little brain cells that ugly, stinking, low caste convert Pakistani had to begin with. Hence they could not comprehend that this is an open forum where any Indian could post. Want an exclusive forum, then ask webmaster to ban all Indians or turn this into an exclusive internet club like Bharat Rakshak.

No run along and play "hide a Scud" with your sister/wife. Afterall your country is Incest central of the world.

Haha coming from a physically inferior race, sorry to hurt your E-feelings little guy, I know reality bites but there isn't much you can do. By the way you can rape your Sister/wife because your country is they Hub of Rape. Rape Capital of the World = India, ugliest nation = India :rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom