What's new

Operating system

Meliodas

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I was wondering as to which operating system is Pakistan using for its indigenously and purchased weapon systems.

Are we using Windows or Linux. I'm asking as it can play a major role in cyber security.

A version of Linux customized for Pakistan would be very cool.

Last edited:
Govt. of Pakistan should spend some money on research and development of new software and task IT universities to write the Bios codes, kernels, and other stuff. Its time-consuming process but the end results will lift us and reduce the factor of cyber spying.

WinXP with the source code checked through similiar to what the Russians have

WinXP with the source code checked through similiar to what the Russians have
Can we check source code of any windows product?

Govt. of Pakistan should spend some money on research and development of new software and task IT universities to write the Bios codes, kernels, and other stuff. Its time-consuming process but the end results will lift us and reduce the factor of cyber spying.
Agreed. Should start with a modified Linux version.

Probably some custom linux distro. I don't think they will still be using XP since Microsoft is no longer providing updates/patches.

Also China developed an OS called Linux Kylin which has a GUI which is basically a Windows XP ripoff.

Any idea how linux works ?
or anything to substantiate your post ?
Start here = X Windows ( and X Windows is not Windows XP)

Any idea how linux works ?
or anything to substantiate your post ?
Start here = X Windows ( and X Windows is not Windows XP)
I have been using Linux for the past 11 years. And yes I know what the X Window system is...it basically powers the GUI on many Unix based OSs.
As for sustantiating, how about this: https://thehackernews.com/2015/09/neokylin-china-linux-os.html
https://www.onmsft.com/news/neokylin-os-chinas-new-windows-xp-clone

No need to be so patronizing.

THis video was posted in 2013. Windows XP updates ended in April 2014.

But Militaries still use them due to their reliability. Many computer systems of the United States military use Windows XP. It's stable and well developed, but the end of Microsoft technical support has caused concern there too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom