What's new

Open Discussion: Myanmar and Bangladesh Armed Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
barely USD $60B..!? our current gdp is USD $74B and next year will be USD $84B..
brother, without FDI, we are well established, we are creating jobs, growth by ourselves :)
your case is different, you are depending too much on FDI for growth :)

Today, our GDP stands at USD221 bilion without FDI. How much is yours in Burma with FDI? It is barely USD60 billion. Shame on you for becoming a hypocrite Burmese cave dweller.

From our GDP we can invest more than USD35 billion. So, what is your yearly FDI? Is it more than USD35 billion? Talk again when you have an yearly pouring of USD35 billion FDI. Note, when you reach our today's 221 billion USD after 20 yrs, we would have reached to USD1400 billion or more.

Do not talk nonsense and take in your citizens and let them live peacefully in their ancestral homes.
where do u invest this 35B..? can i get link..?
actually our GDP per capita is not much different with urs.. it showed our annual income is not huge gap between us..GDP is calculated based on population.. the more people u have , the higher number u got.. why so serious..!? GDP of
sri lanka is just USD $80B.. almost 3 time lesser than u.. it mean BD is 3 time richer than sri lanka..? nope.. their annual income is almost twice of what BD got..

brother, without FDI, we are well established, we are creating jobs, growth by ourselves :)
yes.. bro
we rely too much on FDI.. u rely too much on RMG.. not much different.. :)

barely USD $60B..!? our current gdp is USD $74B and next year will be USD $84B..

Yes but still one of the weakest among the ASEAN countries.While ASEAN countries like Indonesia,Malaysia,Thailand,
Singapore and Vietnam are prospering.Myanmar is struggling.To cross $100billion gdp.Welcome to 2009 Myanmar!!!
:laughcry

USD after 20 yrs, we would have reached to USD1400 billion or more.
omg..!! u think to gain USD 1 Tri economy class is such a easy case..!!? do u think ur economy will grow around 6% forever.. ? :D

Yes but still one of the weakest among the ASEAN countries.While ASEAN countries like Indonesia,Malaysia,Thailand,
Singapore and Vietnam are prospering.Myanmar is struggling.To cross $100billion gdp.Welcome to 2009 Myanmar!!!
:D we dont worry.. our economy is rocketed and one of fastest economy in world..will easily cross 100B in next 2 or 3 year..! just take lessons from our ASEAN brothers as role model.. :D

We rely too much on FDI, oil and gas, natural resources, light manufacturing, hydro power export....

9.3% GDP growth estimate this year. I think that's reasonably prosperous.

@Aung Zaya Our Civilian and hopefully military support shall always with our Burmese Brothers, especially if they need crushing little insurgency in Arakan.

In the past India handed over T 55 and possibly BTRs to Myanmar.

@Aung Zaya Our Civilian and hopefully military support shall always with our Burmese Brothers, especially if they need crushing little insurgency in Arakan.

In the past India handed over T 55 and possibly BTRs to Myanmar.
ha ha . yes.. India handed over many T-55 and Mine- resistance Vehicles last 2 years..plus rader and sonar for our frigate.. that showed a great friendship between us.. :D

ha ha . yes.. India handed over many T-55 and Mine- resistance Vehicles last 2 years..plus rader and sonar for our frigate.. that showed a great friendship between us.. :D

Myanmar_20130724_9.jpg

Myanmar is far more worse in economic situation compared to Bangladesh. U guys just starting to accept foreign investment and had a much lower base compared to Bangladesh
I would rather bet on Thailand than Myanmar to become an industrialized developed country in my life time.Thailand have much better national cohesion and solidarity than Myanmar.What you are seeing is the late untapped natural resources extraction frenzy by the international company.But it is bound to slow down when all resources are fully tapped.And Myanmar's oil/gas deposits are not that impressive (Slightly more than Bangladesh) if you compared it to the middle-eastern countries or Russia/Venezuela.It is simply much more difficult when you have dissatisfied minority population having majority status in half of your country.

9.3% GDP growth estimate this year. I think that's reasonably prosperous.

Myanmar is doing well and that can only be a good thing.

However, BD recorded more than 7% GDP growth last year and may even nudge up towards 8% this year.

Remember BD growth will go into the 8-9% a year average once the current major infrastructure projects are completed.

It is silly to compare FDI in Myanmar to that of BD since Myanmar relies on foreign companies to extract it's natural resources, whereas the much larger BD economy has less need in this area.

Myanmar is doing well and that can only be a good thing.

However, BD recorded more than 7% GDP growth last year and may even nudge up towards 8% this year.

Remember BD growth will go into the 8-9% a year average once the current major infrastructure projects are completed.

It is silly to compare FDI in Myanmar to that of BD since Myanmar relies on foreign companies to extract it's natural resources, whereas the much larger BD economy has less need in this area.

Is it only me who is seeing Bangladesh going down with its terrorism problem in coming years ? 2- 4 % growth rate will be realistic given that terrorism menace has just started in Bangladesh and will go worse as the years go by .

Is it only me who is seeing Bangladesh going down with its terrorism problem in coming years ? 2- 4 % growth rate will be realistic given that terrorism menace has just started in Bangladesh and will go worse as the years go by .

Nope - worse terrorism has happened in BD before and that has not stopped the growth of the BD economy.

The terrorism problem is minor compared to other countries anyway - BD economy will accelerate to 8-9% GDP growth by the early 2020s at the latest.

BD is a unitary state that is focused on economic development and it's rise to middle-income status by around 2030 is assured.

Remember that the only reason that a country like BD is still poor is because it only gained independence in 1971 and not 1947 like India and Pakistan.

One major terrorist attack in entire history of Bangladesh,and you have lowered our gdp growth to 2-4 percent?:lol: In 2015 we suffered 3 months long nationwide blockade by BNP,still managed to grow 6.5 percent.Terrorist caught us off guarded this time,we don't have any ethno-religious fracture or geo-strategic dirty game like Pakistan to proliferate terrorism.

I see this terrorist attack as the beginning of a massive capacity building opportunity for internal security forces which BD lacked earlier.We have already started in that direction.

We have already started de-radicalization programme.Social media is now closely monitored.All the mosque in BD is giving anti-terrorism sermon in friday prayer.Entire country is united against terrorist,even parents of the terrorists are apologizing for their son's action.Tell me when this type of things happened in Pakistan?

I don't know whether you have predicted economic collapse of Turkey,Egypt,Tunisia or Indonesia due to terrorism? They have suffered much more terrorist attack than BD.I would say,Turkey is much much more vulnerable to terrorism than Bangladesh.They directly border Syria,Iraq,They are the party of conflict in those country,They are in a power play game with Israel,Egypt,Iran,Saudi Arabia,Russia.They have Turkish,Kurdish,Alevi sects hostile to one another.They have large Shia minority,Their relation have deteriorated with USA,EU. But you have not predicted economic collapse of Turkey but for Bangladesh who have none of these problem.Why is that?

By the way,I have nothing against Turkey and I don't think their economy will suffer major setback.I have used that country just for an analogy.

I still think the so called ISIS in Bangladesh are couple of dozen men trying to make the world known about their presence.. A long sustaining terrorism campaign is beyong their capabilities..

One major terrorist attack in entire history of Bangladesh,and you have lowered our gdp growth to 2-4 percent?:lol: In 2015 we suffered 3 months long nationwide blockade by BNP,still managed to grow 6.5 percent.Terrorist caught us off guarded this time,we don't have any ethno-religious fracture or geo-strategic dirty game like Pakistan to proliferate terrorism.

I see this terrorist attack as the beginning of a massive capacity building opportunity for internal security forces which BD lacked earlier.We have already started in that direction.

We have already started de-radicalization programme.Social media is now closely monitored.All the mosque in BD is giving anti-terrorism sermon in friday prayer.Entire country is united against terrorist,even parents of the terrorists are apologizing for their son's action.Tell me when this type of things happened in Pakistan?

I don't know whether you have predicted economic collapse of Turkey,Egypt,Tunisia or Indonesia due to terrorism? They have suffered much more terrorist attack than BD.I would say,Turkey is much much more vulnerable to terrorism than Bangladesh.They directly border Syria,Iraq,They are the party of conflict in those country,They are in a power play game with Israel,Egypt,Iran,Saudi Arabia,Russia.They have Turkish,Kurdish,Alevi sects hostile to one another.They have large Shia minority,Their relation have deteriorated with USA,EU. But you have not predicted economic collapse of Turkey but for Bangladesh who have none of these problem.Why is that?

By the way,I have nothing against Turkey and I don't think their economy will suffer major setback.I have used that country just for an analogy.

You had problems before but not to this extent. One incident? After the Dhaka attack 4 more died on Eid prayer offerings. Thats minus the 50 plus hacking to death of foreigners , minorities and bloggers.

Turkey is already feeling the affects of terrorism. Its tourism industry which is very vital for its economy is already reeling and costing them billions of dollars

Nope - worse terrorism has happened in BD before and that has not stopped the growth of the BD economy.

The terrorism problem is minor compared to other countries anyway - BD economy will accelerate to 8-9% GDP growth by the early 2020s at the latest.

BD is a unitary state that is focused on economic development and it's rise to middle-income status by around 2030 is assured.

Remember that the only reason that a country like BD is still poor is because it only gained independence in 1971 and not 1947 like India and Pakistan.

BD while having late independance has advantages over both India and Pakistan . Unlike both countries BD is a homogenious society , no external threat , less defence spending and spends less time in interfering in others affairs. Despite all this Both India and PK are richer and are not in the list of Least developed countries while Bangladesh is there along with alot of african countries. So i wouldn't be too confident about 2030 thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom