What's new

Open Discussion: Myanmar and Bangladesh Armed Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes your repetitive droning you always say about force plan 2030 and other such hypothetical fantasies.

I am talking about what exists in the hear and now on the ground.

BTW most growth projections (that matter) put your long term growth average at about 6.5%....because you are still heavily reliant on just one industry (RMG) that is quite price sensitive and one dimensional.

With all that in mind you dont figure in anyones economic or geopolitical radar all that much.

So be content in comparing yourself to Myanmar and hollering about others inferiority complex all you want.....doesn't change the reality that will exist during your entire lifetime.

Do you know anything about economics at all?

BD's 220 billion economy has just grown 7% last fiscal and you think that it is all to do with garments?
BD has other industries that while not as large as the garments are also growing rapidly. They are supplying the rapidly growing home market and will eventually start exporting much more heavily overseas - the quality and the brand needs to rise a little higher till richer countries start taking in large amounts of imports

Think about it this way. Industry accounts for 30% of the 220 billion dollar BD economy. So we are looking at 70 billion dollars in total. Garments is 30 billion dollars so 40 billion dollars is coming from elsewhere.

Do you know anything about economics at all?

BD's 220 billion economy has just grown 7% last fiscal and you think that it is all to do with garments?
BD has other industries that while not as large as the garments are also growing rapidly. They are supplying the rapidly growing home market and will eventually start exporting much more heavily overseas - the quality and the brand needs to rise a little higher till richer countries start taking in large amounts of imports

Think about it this way. Industry accounts for 30% of the 220 billion dollar BD economy. So we are looking at 70 billion dollars in total. Garments is 30 billion dollars so 40 billion dollars is coming from elsewhere.

There are massive multiplier effects from the RMG industry that cross over into consumption part of the economy...be it industrial, service or even agro...due to the way the cash flows work.

The simple question is, what is the size of any other single industry of Bangladesh, be it steel, automotive, transport, energy, pharma etc?

I mean 30 billion/ 70 billion in direct value is a phenomenal percentage of reliance. I can't think of one other major developing country with such a level. It is both a boon and a bane at the same time....but one thing it does not do is guarantee long term 7% growth rate. The proof is in the pudding I am afraid. I dont like projections past 5 years in general (even for developed and well spread and hedged economies)....and to suddenly change it for a country that has a small economy relative to its population, is reliant on one industry (esp when taking into account the multiplier effects) and that too concerning transfer of hypothetical growth to its military prowess.....yeah....no.

Just for comparison: grouping by warhead weight

Rim-7 Sea Sparrow: 41kg warhead, 230kg missile (17.8%)
RIM-162 ESSM: 39kg warhead, 280kg missile (13.9%)
SA-N-4 "Gecko" /4K33 "OSA-M" (9M33M missile) 19kg-40kg warhead, missile 126-170kg (15.1%-23.5%)

Umkhonto: 23kg high kill probability warhead, total missile weight 125 kg (18.4%)
Barak-1: 22kg blast fragmentation warhead, total missile 98kg (22.4%)

Crotale R-440/HQ-7A(FM-80N)/HQ-7B(FM-90N): 15kg he-frag warhead, total missile 84.5kg (17.8%)
3K95 "Kinzhal" or "Klinok / SA-N-9 Gauntlet / HQ17: 15 kg warhead, 167kg missile (9%)
Sea Wolf (rail launch): 14kg HE-Frag warhead, total missile 82kg (17.1%)
Crotale NG (VT-1 missile): 13 kg directional he-frag warhead, total missile 76kg (17.1%)
Sea Wolf VL: 13.4kg warhead, total missile 140kg (9.6%)
Mica VL: 12kg warhead, total missile 112kg (10.7%)
RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile: 11.3kg warhead, 73.5kg missile (15.4%)
CAMM: 10kg blast-frag warhead. CAMM is 99kg (10.1%) while CAMM-ER is 160kg (6.3%)
9M311 (Kashtan / CADS-N-1): 9kg warhead, 57kg missile (15.8%)

FL3000N (TY-90 missile): 3kg expanding rod HE warhead, total missile 20kg (15%)
RBS-70 warhead 1.1 kg HE shaped charge, packed in 3,000 tungsten spheres, total missile 27kg (4.1+%)
Mistral: 3 kilogram warhead, total missile 19.5 kilogram (15.4%)
FIM-92 Stinger: 3 kg warhead, 15.2kg missile (19.7%)

9K38 Igla: 1.17kg he-frag warhead with 390g explosive, total missile 10.8kg (10.8%)
9K34 Strela-3: 1.17 kg he-frag warhead with 390g explosive, incl. 20g secondary charge to set off remaining rocket propellant, total missile 10.3kg (11.4%)
9K32 Strela-2M (SA-N-5): 1.15 kg he-frag warhead with 370g explosive, total missile 9.8 kg (11.7%)

Note how few missiles have a warhead that makes up more than 15% of the missile weight (let alone 20%). This would be something to look for, aside from warhead weight in the absolute. Note also that more modern missile may use newer explosives/warhead type which may weigh less for the same level of warhead effectiveness as older missiles.

Thanks. This has been really enlightening w.r.t. the realities of defending your ships in a naval war. I knew almost nothing before.

Is that for real? :rofl:

Their SWAT is most probably part of their armed forces as they have a huge insurgence problem...

Oh,only SEALs? Are they para and UDT capable? Where did your naval infantry go?

As for us,we have -

Naval Commandos.
View attachment 321165

SWADs-Special Warfare Diving and Salvage

View attachment 321152
View attachment 321155
View attachment 321159 View attachment 321162
View attachment 321168
View attachment 321211
SWADs is one of the best special forces on earth,and their training is one of the hardest ( average drop rate is 90% ).
They,along with Republic of Korean ROKN UDT/SEAL,are the most technically advanced special force in Asia and are known as "Seals Of Asia"
SWADS train alongside US Navy SEALs,ROKN UDT/SEAL and other top forces in various countries including South Korea,USA and Turkey.

We also have ODD71 which is submarine launched UDT team..and all pictures of them are removed from internet ( government censorship )

Now tell us about your naval special forces...

Nah,I will -.-

The problem is - DOES IT FREAKIN' LOOK LIKE WE ARE GONNA GO TO WAR ?

Only @Aung Zaya seems to be able to keep his sanity,and @alaungphaya is struggling to do so...and others all are like brainwashed monks,armed with "Hatred Missiles" and launching them at us whenever they see us...

^_^

It's summer holidays in England and @Major d1 is saying silly things on the internet when he should be helping out at the shop and you should be studying.

There are massive multiplier effects from the RMG industry that cross over into consumption part of the economy...be it industrial, service or even agro...due to the way the cash flows work.

The simple question is, what is the size of any other single industry of Bangladesh, be it steel, automotive, transport, energy, pharma etc?

I mean 30 billion/ 70 billion in direct value is a phenomenal percentage of reliance. I can't think of one other major developing country with such a level. It is both a boon and a bane at the same time....but one thing it does not do is guarantee long term 7% growth rate. The proof is in the pudding I am afraid. I dont like projections past 5 years in general (even for developed and well spread and hedged economies)....and to suddenly change it for a country that has a small economy relative to its population, is reliant on one industry (esp when taking into account the multiplier effects) and that too concerning transfer of hypothetical growth to its military prowess.....yeah....no.

You are partly correct about the multiplier effect but it is not as great as you imply.
Garments is still 30 billion out of 220 billion total BD GDP so a little more than 10% - high but not enough that a steep downturn in this one industry will completely push the country back from the path that it is progressing towards.

BD has till around 2025-2030 or so before it loses the momentum from garments and so it has plenty of time to set up other industries. Roads, railways, bridges, power stations are all being constructed at a pace never before seen. More industry will come both from internal and external sources. Reaching middle-income status is not difficult for any country and BD can grow at 7%+ for 2-3 decades more before it is considered middle-income.

You are partly correct about the multiplier effect but it is not as great as you imply.

I suggest you read this paper:

http://www.cuts-citee.org/tdp/pdf/case_study-ready_made_garment_industry_in_bangladesh.pdf

page 4:

According to one estimate, the domestic content (in terms of local fabric use, wages and salaries, payments to government, linkages, etc.) in the aggregate RMG exports is at about 46 percent of the total export receipts – i.e., about 5 per cent of GDP. Despite the much talked about low integration, out of a total of 85 sectors in the National Input-Output Table, the sector ranks 17th in terms of backward linkage effects (Appendix A). The total backward linkage multiplier for the RMG industry is estimated to be 2.1, indicating that a one unit increase in its final demand would lead to an economy-wide output increase of 2.1 units (Razzaque, 2005). When this multiplier effect is decomposed to find out the marginal effects on the outputs of different industries, sectors such as clothing, yarn, professional services, housing services, bank and real estate, storage, and machinery are found to have strong links with the RMG activity.

Also look at the appendix A on page 18 for other multipliers....it seems to be a trend for anything to do with textiles (such as leather tanning where multiplier factor is as high as 3+)

If the multiplier is 2.1 overall, thats almost 70 billion of Bangladesh economy reliant on it directly or indirectly (assuming 30 billion is the total textiles + related sector size in Bangladesh and not just RMG...if the sector is even bigger than this in total than its even more reliant...you tell me what the 30 billion exactly covers?)....

So almost a third of your entire economy at minimum.

BD has till around 2025-2030 or so before it loses the momentum from garments and so it has plenty of time to set up other industries. Roads, railways, bridges, power stations are all being constructed at a pace never before seen. More industry will come both from internal and external sources. Reaching middle-income status is not difficult for any country and BD can grow at 7%+ for 2-3 decades more before it is considered middle-income.

Again too far in the future for anyone to make a valid prediction. Its why IMF only projects to about 5 years from current date. You are in better shape than Pakistan as far as GCF goes and underlying fundamentals....so there is reason for optimism....but stretching it all the way to 2025 and beyond is going too far.Growing to new sectors bring many challenges and problems that will manifest quite differently in Bangladesh situation compared to any other country before it....especially if its high and mid end human capital (prevalence and quality), bureaucracy and logistical aptitude (esp in private sector) stay relatively the same as they are now.

Thanks. This has been really enlightening w.r.t. the realities of defending your ships in a naval war. I knew almost nothing before.

Is that for real? :rofl:

It's summer holidays in England and @Major d1 is saying silly things on the internet when he should be helping out at the shop and you should be studying.

i have study a lot abt Myanmar. Nothing has noasset . GDp growth is poor. So topics already has been covered.

RIP english.

Myanmar GDP growth is "poor"....:omghaha:

Only 67%

or less

U need to do study abt them. By the way why Indians are too much interested about Myanmar ?

By the way - what do u know about English ?

Only 67%

or less

U need to do study abt them. By the way why Indians are too much interested about Myanmar ?

By the way - what do u know about English ?

"Only" 67% (sixty seven percent) growth :omghaha:

I don't even know where to start with that one.

We are interested in all countries that want to be friendly with us and increase cooperation and trade. Myanmar ticks a lot of the boxes if not all of them.

What do you mean what do I know about English? It is almost my mother tongue....and I know enough to see yours is dreadful.

GDP Annual Growth Rate in Myanmar is expected to be 6.80 percent by the end of this quarter, according to Trading Economics global macro models and analysts expectations. In the long-term, the Myanmar GDP Annual Growth Rate is projected to trend around 7.90 percent in 2020, according to our econometric models.
It all about 60 billion. and Bangladeshi Growth is 170 billion.

If ur english is mother lan then same to here.

GDP Annual Growth Rate in Myanmar is expected to be 6.80 percent by the end of this quarter, according to Trading Economics global macro models and analysts expectations. In the long-term, the Myanmar GDP Annual Growth Rate is projected to trend around 7.90 percent in 2020, according to our econometric models.
It all about 60 billion. and Bangladeshi Growth is 170 billion.

If ur english is mother lan then same to here.

Myanmar is expected to grow at a full percentage higher growth than Bangladesh currently and in the near future:

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft...ntry&ds=.&br=1&c=513,518&s=NGDP_RPCH&grp=0&a=

That too at a higher consumption per capita compared to you. It means they are pulling away from you (because really you should be growing faster given you are consuming less than them per person).

You words are all confused and mixed up. Growth is not GDP and your GDP numbers are old as well and are not Purchasing power parity (PPP) which is more important when comparing per capita physical consumption (i.e income based development).

YOu are more worried for BD than India.
BD is doing great and diversifying its industry in equal pace. Consumer electronics is the next big thing coming along. Big factories are getting set up and they almost covered domestic market and started exporting.
BD growth has a lot of elasticity and not based on hot capital. So despite global slow down or even US federal reverse quantitative easing, it remained unaffected.
You should rest assured about BANGLADESH and work hard to educate your populace how to live hygienically.

Myanmar is expected to grow at a full percentage higher growth than Bangladesh currently and in the near future:

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2016/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?pr.x=77&pr.y=12&sy=2014&ey=2021&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=513,518&s=NGDP_RPCH&grp=0&a=

That too at a higher consumption per capita compared to you. It means they are pulling away from you (because really you should be growing faster given you are consuming less than them per person).

You words are all confused and mixed up. Growth is not GDP and your GDP numbers are old as well and are not Purchasing power parity (PPP) which is more important when comparing per capita physical consumption (i.e income based development).

The main point is - The growth of GDP of Myanmar is less then Bangladesh , And in the purpose of GDP method WAr happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom