What's new

Onion rates rise to Rs320 per kilo on short supply

Every year in late January and whole feb, onion crises happens for whatever reasons. Nothing new.

Pakistani haram khors can't even grow some lousy onions. How hard is it to grow onions?

Yeh beghairat, hud haram ghulam ibne ghulam qom kuch nahi karay gi

If they start eating grass, what will happen to animals.🤣
they will eat animals too na...😉

Pakistani haram khors can't even grow some lousy onions. How hard is it to grow onions?

Yeh beghairat, hud haram ghulam ibne ghulam qom kuch nahi karay gi
you do produce onions but due to floods and other natural calamities crops get damaged causing short fall...our cuisine requires lot of onions so u import

I think Pakistanis will start losing that aggression and conquest driven mindset if onions are removed from their diet, inka red and white meat bhi hata do, ekdum peaceful ho jayenge imo.
Damn, they're onto us.

Bajwa sb leading the charge

fckkkkkk, man 😝

Indian media has truly outdone itself.

@Areesh , you gotta see this.

Onion and Garlic produce Heat in the body. They make people irritable and make the mind unstable, drain energy.
So, producing heat in the body == draining energy from the body? :what:

Not to mention, the entire thing is uprooted and when we take it, we KILL the plant associated with it. Unlike fruits and Vegetables which are given willingly by the plants in a symbiotic relationship.
Awwwwww

Bajwa sb leading the charge
Is this today's version of Zia Ul Haq riding a bicycle to save money on petrol?
3f4af397230f815cfb43a061979ad399.jpg

@Paitoo , sir have you noticed this paradigm shift? As expected from threads like this, this thread has turned into indians boasting about their attractive onion prices. But, surprisingly Pakistanis are either absent or cursing their own govt rather than making reply.

I think psychologically, India has won.

@Paitoo , sir have you noticed this paradigm shift? As expected from threads like this, this thread has turned into indians boasting about their attractive onion prices. But, surprisingly Pakistanis are either absent or cursing their own govt rather than making reply.

I think psychologically, India has won.

Onion is not really a touchy crop, but when it gets angry, it really makes us cry. In India onion prices sometimes shoot up to the same levels as are being seen in Pak currently (equivalent of INR 100). The last time that happened we were importing onions from Pakistan. So the onion victory is only temporary. But you are right. Currently in social media Pakistanis have sort of gone into their shells.

Every year in late January and whole feb, onion crises happens for whatever reasons. Nothing new.
People eating too much biryani and qorma in winter is the reason

Last edited:

"The YoY top few commodities which varied from the corresponding month of the previous year among food items which increased include onions (468.54 per cent), chicken (83.27 per cent), wheat (78.39 per cent), rice (65.24 per cent), wheat flour (61.25 per cent), gram whole (50.47 per cent), pulse moong (46 per cent), pulse gram(44.53 per cent), besan (43.25 per cent), mustard oil (42.28 per cent), mash (37.1 per cent), fresh fruits(35.33 per cent), cooking oil (31.46 per cent), milk fresh (29.27 per cent), vegetable ghee (28.49 per cent), tomatoes (22.44 per cent), fish (22.28 per cent), pulse masoor (22.07 per cent), meat (20.01 per cent), fresh vegetables (8.43 per cent), potatoes (6.18 per cent) and sugar (0.83 per cent) and decreased in gur (2.72 per cent)."

"The YoY top few commodities which varied from the corresponding month of the previous year among food items which increased include onions (468.54 per cent), chicken (83.27 per cent), wheat (78.39 per cent), rice (65.24 per cent), wheat flour (61.25 per cent), gram whole (50.47 per cent), pulse moong (46 per cent), pulse gram(44.53 per cent), besan (43.25 per cent), mustard oil (42.28 per cent), mash (37.1 per cent), fresh fruits(35.33 per cent), cooking oil (31.46 per cent), milk fresh (29.27 per cent), vegetable ghee (28.49 per cent), tomatoes (22.44 per cent), fish (22.28 per cent), pulse masoor (22.07 per cent), meat (20.01 per cent), fresh vegetables (8.43 per cent), potatoes (6.18 per cent) and sugar (0.83 per cent) and decreased in gur (2.72 per cent)."
@epebble remember few days back I told you next crisis will be with rice, look at the inflation rate of rice now.

@epebble remember few days back I told you next crisis will be with rice, look at the inflation rate of rice now.
There may be inflation in rice, but if it is not a major part of diet, its impact will be small. Compared to wheat flour used for flatbread. I am sure there is inflation in precious stones, like, diamond. But for me, it means nothing. I may be slightly interested in coal but have no interest at all in diamonds.

Back
Top Bottom