What's new

Middleman - Afghanistan and Dubai, getting profits by supply Indian onion to Pakistan with high price

Your best chance was with Musharraf. Army is a big stake holder for India policy for a reason & they are capable of making bold decisions. But the problem is on Indian side ..... who you talk to.

Not really....India always knew who to deal with on our side long before IK. Still don't know how you claim to resolve Kashmir issue when half is still under Pakostan/China control. Doesn't it sounds like George W Bush's mission accomplished gaffe moment?.

I'm not a fancy guy, you see. Do not think that Pakistan will ever be able to get Indian held kashmir parts; the same goes for India.

370A was a barrier between Indians and Kashmiri people. It was desperately needed to be revoked, and it should have happened a long time ago.

I am unable to recall.. was it a idea to apply only to parts of India? or also to Pakistan Kashmir, and GB?

1. Demilitarization or phased withdrawal of troops
  2. There will be no change of borders of Kashmir. However, people of Jammu & Kashmir will be allowed to move freely across the Line of Control.
  3. Self-governance without independence
  4. A joint supervision mechanism in Jammu and Kashmir involving India, Pakistan and Kashmir.

The concept wasn't terrible if applied to both portions, but no country could accept the third or fourth possibilities.

Better yet, just add a third point: Pakistan and India will each deploy the bare minimum of police security troops to maintain peace and order at their parts.

Coming from Dubai, Afghanistan: Indian onions being illegally supplied to local markets

ISLAMABAD: Indian onions coming from Dubai and Afghanistan (via Chaman border) are being supplied illegally to local markets, traders told Business Recorder on Tuesday.

According to the traders, the bulk of the Indian onions being exported to Afghanistan is transported to Pakistani markets owing to high prices following the destruction of local crops by August-September 2022 devastating floods, which swept away standing crops on millions of acres.

Since August 2022, onion prices in the local markets have reached a record level of Rs250 per kg which usually in the winter season hovers around Rs40-50 per kg. Traders at a wholesale vegetable market told this correspondent that under Afghanistan India transit trade through Wagah border crossing most of the Indian products exported to Afghanistan are resend to Pakistan via the Chaman border and at present onions are the most valuable product. They further said that Indian onions are also being supplied in Pakistani markets through Dubai.

Traders said that in recent days, Afghan traders have imported a huge volume of onions, bulk of which has been supplied to Pakistani markets as a result within the past few days the wholesale price of the commodity has witnessed a reduction of 20 percent as it went down from Rs8,800 per 40kg to Rs7,200 per 40kg bag. Traders said that the onion prices will reduce further with the arrival of fresh crops from Punjab and Sindh and in March will normalise.

Mohammad Mushtaq Awan, a vegetable and fruit wholesale trader at Islamabad wholesale market said that had the government directly imported onions from India the commodity would have been available at around Rs100 per kg to local consumers instead of the current price of Rs250 per kg. He said that both India and Pakistan should not ban agricultural products as trade between the two countries is mutually beneficial.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2023

Lol .. we thought india is supaaa pawaaa but in reality even Afghanistan is milking hindu banya and banya have no ither options to deny ,
anyways why not you people let us die with onions hunger?

Lol .. we thought india is supaaa pawaaa but in reality even Afghanistan is milking hindu banya and banya have no ither options to deny ,
anyways why not you people let us die with onions hunger?
How? Simply put, India is selling to Afghanistan. India is gaining its fair share of international trade.

In this case, Pakistan is paying twice as much.

"Mohammad Mushtaq Awan, a vegetable and fruit wholesale trader at Islamabad wholesale market said that had the government directly imported onions from India the commodity would have been available at around Rs100 per kg to local consumers instead of the current price of Rs250 per kg. He said that both India and Pakistan should not ban agricultural products as trade between the two countries is mutually beneficial."

I'm not a fancy guy, you see. Do not think that Pakistan will ever be able to get Indian held kashmir parts; the same goes for India.

370A was a barrier between Indians and Kashmiri people. It was desperately needed to be revoked, and it should have happened a long time ago.

I am unable to recall.. was it a idea to apply only to parts of India? or also to Pakistan Kashmir, and GB?

1. Demilitarization or phased withdrawal of troops
  2. There will be no change of borders of Kashmir. However, people of Jammu & Kashmir will be allowed to move freely across the Line of Control.
  3. Self-governance without independence
  4. A joint supervision mechanism in Jammu and Kashmir involving India, Pakistan and Kashmir.

The concept wasn't terrible if applied to both portions, but no country could accept the third or fourth possibilities.

Better yet, just add a third point: Pakistan and India will each deploy the bare minimum of police security troops to maintain peace and order at their parts.
We both agree that there is no military solution to Kashmir. Mussaraf realised it after kargiil. I'm sure indian military does the same. The point is India can't progress until Pakistan is a thorn in it's back the same way Afghanistan is a thorn in ours. So not communicating......for how long? Modi wanted to visit last April but IK hesitated due political fall out without progress on 370A.
There was nothing that was stopping india from abolishing 370A except that it would add to list of indian broken promises to Kashmiri's. For Pakistan it means that Mussaraf solution can't be implemented.
Mussaraf solution was good in making borders meaningless for 30-50 years. Enough time for region to progress & for leadership to find a solution.
So after having done the opposite which in my opinion might give you short term benefits but larger issue still remains.

We both agree that there is no military solution to Kashmir. Mussaraf realised it after kargiil. I'm sure indian military does the same. The point is India can't progress until Pakistan is a thorn in it's back the same way Afghanistan is a thorn in ours. So not communicating......for how long? Modi wanted to visit last April but IK hesitated due political fall out without progress on 370A.
There was nothing that was stopping india from abolishing 370A except that it would add to list of indian broken promises to Kashmiri's. For Pakistan it means that Mussaraf solution can't be implemented.
Mussaraf solution was good in making borders meaningless for 30-50 years. Enough time for region to progress & for leadership to find a solution.
So after having done the opposite which in my opinion might give you short term benefits but larger issue still remains.
Border disputes between Pakistan and India are not a typical crisis.

It is more about the political and emotional games that the political and military leaders of both sides have been playing over the years for their own gain.

No Indian or Pakistani leader can say now, we want a peaceful relationship, and forget about Indian or Pakistani-held parts of J&K

Okay, I'm not going to say anything because I'm Indian, but what should the next step be? by knowing that India will not change her stand on Kashmir.

So, I strongly believe that Pakistan should follow similar Chinese policies. Keep the burning issues, alive... but take the advantages by doing trade and business. India is a huge market, & Pakistan can take advantage as China usually does.

Last edited:
Ofcourse who am I to lecture people of Bharat. Forgot that cow dung technology is far better than Iranian gas.
My appologies
It is, if you are going to be sanctioned by trading with Iran. We are already trading with Iran.

We are not stopping you selling your goods to anyone, you’re just not going do it thru us pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom