What's new

Onion rates rise to Rs320 per kilo on short supply

Average family lives in a rented or owned 125 square feet house. So unless they're using vertical farming, I'm pretty sure the yearly output will not be able to feed a normal family of at least 10 in Pakistan.

10 members is 125 square feet house ?

vertical farming is costly but it is one of the best & easy method to grow vegetables.

An onion a day keeps everyone away. In the interest of good relations, cut down onion consumption.
Restaurant chefs have this jugaad where in curries they can replace tomatoes with onion and vice versa when the going gets tough. Can't do much with Biryani though as onion is integral to it, which is a pity.

An onion a day keeps everyone away. In the interest of good relations, cut down onion consumption.
Restaurant chefs have this jugaad where in curries they can replace tomatoes with onion and vice versa when the going gets tough. Can't do much with Biryani though as onion is integral to it, which is a pity.

They should adopt Jain food in their daily diet.

Don't tell new rates and old rates. Just tell current rate.
dude..its current rates only...new means new crops and old means older crops which is lighter in weight than new crop and demands more price...its like new rice which is cheaper than old rice.

Wohh I am being robbed here. It's Rs 30 in Bengaluru!!
some online super markets like Big Basket charge little over 30 but if u go to big sabzi mandi u can get old onion for 25 and new for 20...but i m afraid untimely rains in some part of maharashtra might have damaged the crop and prices of onion might shoot up in next 3 months..if u have storage, buy 50 kg bag from wholesale maket, it will last for good 6 months..🙂

Last edited:
Wohh I am being robbed here. It's Rs 30 in Bengaluru!!
some online super markets like Big Basket charge little over 30 but if u go to big sabzi mandi u can get old onion for 25 and new for 20...but i m afraid untimely rains in some part of maharashtra might have damaged the crop and prices of onion might shoot up in next 3 months..if u have storage, buy 50 kg bag from wholesale maket, it will last for good 6 months..🙂

I recall when Rome was falling, the prices of onions simlarly rose. Onions are the canary, giving an indication about the general well being of an economy/country.

Back
Top Bottom