What's new

Ongoing Systematic Massacre of Muslim Rohingas in Myanmar

Nobody here is advocating secession. If and when the Rohingyas decide to secede, the issue can be debated.

The only issue here is a peacekeeping force to stem the violence and to protect the persecuted Rohingya minority from the Burmese state apparatus.

my thoughts exactly. . .

either a peace-keeping force otherwise covert support and material assistance - if necessary

I highly doubt Buddhist can carry out massacres.

Seems like another faked up story to create war.

that may be true.....things are changing very fast.......see if Buddhist community can be so aggressive .........than you can easily understand how mind set of people are changing............people are started thinking......if you will not kill them ...than defiantly they will kill you......some community can't leave peacefully..........

few year back i was different.........but today i am thinking in different way ..............it is sad.....but no buddy can't stop it..............how long you will be victim ........one day you have to react..........

Dozens of youths freed from Myanmar army: UN

YANGON — Myanmar’s army has freed 68 children and young people from military service, the United Nations said Wednesday, calling for a “mass release” of child soldiers in the formerly junta-run nation.

The release is the biggest such move since the UN signed an agreement on the issue in June 2012 with Myanmar’s reformist regime and “tatmadaw” army, which for years recruited children to bolster its ranks.

In a little over a year, 176 children and young people have been discharged from the military, which has decreased — but not yet stopped — the recruitment of children to the armed forces.

“The time has come for the mass release of all children from the Myanmar armed forces,” Shalini Bahuguna, deputy representative for UNICEF in Myanmar, said in a statement.

There are no verifiable figures on how many children are currently serving in Myanmar’s huge military, which has faced a slew of accusations of rights abuses including the forced recruitment of children and other civilians to work as porters or even human mine detectors.

Ending rights violations is a key demand of the international community, which has embraced reforms in Myanmar since the end of outright junta rule in 2011.

Myanmar released 42 children in September last year, 24 in February and a further 42 in July. All of those freed were recruited as children, but some have since become adults. – AFP

The muslims are killing Christians in Egypt left and right. Why should we care about muslims in Burma ? F'em !!

The truth:

The situation for Buddhists in Bangladesh was different, for Buddhism had survived countless Islamic conquests in one region because of terrain and other factors; therefore, Buddhists and other faiths had survived in the Chittagong Hill Tracts. However, the increasing population of Bangladesh led to problems and the government of Bangladesh hoped 'to kill two birds with one stone.' This applies to moving millions of people to remote parts of Bangladesh, notably the Chittagong Hill Tracts, while at the same time this new Islamic migration would crush the mainly Buddhist tribal opposition in this region.

Therefore, millions of Muslim migrants were moved into the Chittagong Hill Tracts and the mainly tribal Buddhists (some tribals are Christian, Hindu or follow traditional beliefs) became embroiled in a civil war. Islamic radicals also moved into this region and many Buddhist priests were killed, including some being beheaded. At the same time hundreds of Buddhist temples were destroyed and the Bangladesh army took part in many massacres, and some Buddhist women were gang-raped by both Islamic zealots and the Bangladesh army.

In time the mainly Buddhist tribals were overwhelmed by the armed forces of Bangladesh and Muslim migration. Their situation, however, went unnoticed in the West and Islamic nations obviously remained silent. To make matters worse, the mainly Buddhist tribes had no nation supporting them and no major world leader to draw attention to their plight. Given this, the government of Bangladesh continued with their policy of persecuting Buddhists while Muslim migration Islamized the Chittagong Hill Tracts.

In my opinion, it's time for Muslims people, the people of peaceful religion, to retreat from Myanmar and Chittagong Hill Tracts.

hmmm - how come taliban havent gone to Buram yet ? heard they went to Syria and before that to Bosnia

The truth:

The situation for Buddhists in Bangladesh was different, for Buddhism had survived countless Islamic conquests in one region because of terrain and other factors; therefore, Buddhists and other faiths had survived in the Chittagong Hill Tracts.

There never were any "Islamic conquests" of that particular region. The Chakmas had their own feudal society even during the British-era.

Jeez, the heck people read their history?

In time the mainly Buddhist tribals were overwhelmed by the armed forces of Bangladesh and Muslim migration. Their situation, however, went unnoticed in the West and Islamic nations obviously remained silent. To make matters worse, the mainly Buddhist tribes had no nation supporting them and no major world leader to draw attention to their plight. Given this, the government of Bangladesh continued with their policy of persecuting Buddhists while Muslim migration Islamized the Chittagong Hill Tracts.

And you forget that they were the ones who started the insurgency in the first place? Starting an insurgency in a young and volatile nation like Bangladesh in the mid-70's was the stupidest thing they did. And they paid the price.

And we'll do it again if they dare do so. Oh, and the West supported us by the way :lol:

Bengalis cannot buy land owned by Chakmas by LAW.

I don't see how this has anything to do with the topic per say. But these "holier than thou" sentiments are understandable nonetheless.

Last edited:
Isn't non-Buddhist supposed to be FOREIGNER in the Bangladesh?

The people who extremely hate and shame with their own REAL IDENTITY, CULTURE and HISTORY.

You people are remain me with the Christian Chinese and Communist Chinese in China.

Did the Systematic massacre finish or is it still continuing ?

Isn't non-Buddhist supposed to be FOREIGNER in the Bangladesh?

Bangladesh is a Muslim-majority country.

The people who extremely hate and shame with their own REAL IDENTITY, CULTURE and HISTORY.

You people are remain me with the Christian Chinese and Communist Chinese in China.

o_O

Al Qaeda anti-Islam sect ashame very well Islam for the zionists with their violent behaviour taking the name of Allah. Now everybody hate Islam: Angola, Myanmar

Everybody fear Islam

[/quote]
Bangladesh is a Muslim-majority country.

o_O

But, if I am not mistaken, prior to the introduction of Islam by repeated Turkish invasions in the 13th century, the modern-day region of Bangladesh had a fairly significant Buddhist following. Indeed, even modern Pakistan has a 1% Buddhist population.
Bangladesh : AT A GLANCE

That being said, I do think it is sad - and deplorable - that the Buddhist majority would treat the Muslims so. I wish both sides good luck in seeking a lasting solution.

What about the Uyghurs?? Why is hue and cry about the Rohingyas where as complete silence on the Uygur issue??

There is no systematic killings of Uyghurs by common Chinese, you imbecile.

Also, people in this forum has again and again objected the ultra-strict behavior of Chinese authorities when it comes to Uyghurs...but again, that is no way near to what has been happening in Mynammar

The muslims are killing Christians in Egypt left and right. Why should we care about muslims in Burma ? F'em !!

lol, start reading quality sources and stop reading Pamella Geller, hilly billy nut case.

Back
Top Bottom