What's new

(OLD News 2019) COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa given 3 years extension

This is a political decision. Imran knows that if the new COAS doesn't work with him like Bajwa did, he'd be fucked on the political end. New COAS might be a neutral one and he can't afford that right now.

Bajwa should have the God damn ethics to not accept.

Are you saying that Raheel Shareef was not a good general?
Nope. He was quite good and decisive.
Haroon was senior most though, had led successful ops and was also a good choice.
Haroon Islam was offered CJCS but he refused.
He chose to retire when superseded. CJCS is considered a ceremonial post.

The main question should be "Why Gen Bajwa give himself extension? There is no competent officer in junior cadre who can steer the army. If not, then Gen Bajwa has already fucked the institution. "

Nope. He was quite good and decisive.
Haroon was senior most though, had led successful ops and was also a good choice.

He chose to retire when superseded. CJCS is considered a ceremonial post.
He was not superseded if he had accepted CJCS he would have been senior to Raheel, same way as the current CJCS Zubair Hayat is senior to Bajwa

Bad decision. Don't agree to it
lol a doctrine of reacting with three times force against enemy's one move ... what else did we need in so many years.... that is him the LoC expert when he was appointed it was well known he is LoC expert

Last time we gave an extension to a certain Mr.Kiyani and he slept at the controls. the drone strikes intensified the abbotabad happened and suicide bombings increased.

Don't extend let the next best man come up and lead. I am sure all others are competent as well.

It takes a gentleman not to take a extension. And another gentleman not to grant one. Literally fucked the institution. Looks like both are after their own interest. The new COAS may not have agreed with Imran policies.

It's an excellent decision actually. The guys here underestimate Gen Bajwa way too much. The rational
sane minded people here only know that he's actually way better than Gen Raheel. Of course it's my personal opinion from what I've observed over the years reading discussions here being a guest. It's my first comment on any thread actually.

3 years!? That's insane. I don't like this decision at all. This will create enmity within. 1 year I could understand, but 3 years, that's way too much.

wrong decisions!! the institute is system driven and raheel sharif also left and his successor came

Exactly. If any army chief deserved extension, then it was Raheel Sharif.

Once again instead of building our institutions we are relying on people. Clearly there is something wrong with the way army molds and develops its personal that the Generals keeps getting extentions. If we were at war this extention would have made sense.

During the second world war, u.s gave extension to MacArthur by making him a five star gen. All this after his retirement.
Wt does that tell u about the us army ?

PTI fan boys would cheer for this decision

Immi can't do anything wrong after all
Oh! come on yar is main cheer kerna wali kya baat ha, we are not patwaris after all. You disagree, we agree why not agree to disagree?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom