What's new

Obama's AF-1 flightpath avoided flying over South China Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respect international law and legal right of a sovereign country territorial rights is all we ask of our American friend.

I think Chinese are looking way too deep into this :rofl:
yeah ignore the Mark Troller....err I mean knoller. When ppl are obsessed with some thing they end up exaggerating the silly stuffs. Dont be surprised if Obama bends/kneels to tie his shoe lace it will be interpreted as US has accepted defeat!

May 22nd :rofl: you should of posted this tweet from the get go.

Why should I " posted this tweet from the get go" when it was stated from the first post.? Read it again. It also stated the date MAY 22 and provided a link to the original comment.

I am not going to go through dozens of tweets to find that.

If you had click on the MAY 22 link, you wouldn't be as frustrated.

this is China ADIZ it wants over the SCS
If you have a problem with the reporter's interpretation, refer to my first comment:

"Maybe you should direct that statement to Mark Knoller or Press pooler Kevinliptakcnn...."

Last edited:
Looks like Chinese friends got too excited over a twitter comment that they forgot where the south china sea is located at (hint: it is right under that green line to the east of VN, where AF1 flew right over). :)

Looks like Chinese friends got too excited over a twitter comment that they forgot where the south china sea is located at (hint: it is right under that green line to the east of VN, where AF1 flew right over). :)

Yeah, they expect all flights avoid crossing SCS. But what 100 Boeing 737 Max just ordered by Vietjet air is all about?

I guess there would be many more direct flights between Vietnam and Us which cross the SCS clearly.

Yeah, they expect all flights avoid crossing SCS. But what 100 Boeing 737 Max just ordered by Vietjet air is all about?

I guess there would be many more direct flights between Vietnam and Us which cross the SCS clearly.

It was an innocent mistake from my Chinese friends posting in this thread. The picture they posted clearly show that AF1 flew right over the SCS but they still reposted the comment that AF1 had avoided the SCS. It is because Chinese friends got so excited over a twitter comment that they could not see the contradiction.

In such ccircumstancs, I recommend the following advice to our Chinese friends:

1. When one gets over-excited, one will feel one’s heart beat rate drastically increases, adrenaline pumped to the brain. In such scenario, brain’s normal process will be impeded, such as not being able to identify contradictions.

2. To avoid this, one first need to take a very deep breath. Then continue to take in a few more. This will help lower the heart beat rate and dissolve the adrenaline rush. It is recommended that eyes are to be shut closed to further aid this process. Some may choose to recite buddhist chants for greater effect.

3. Once one can feel one’s adrenaline and heartbeat rate is noticeably lowered, one can then proceed to slowly open one’s eyes. At this stage, brain functionality would slowly be returned to its normal capacity, such as the capacity to identify contradictions. Now proceed to look at the computer screen and make ones’ postings. If necessary, ask a nearby friend or an assistance to keep an eye on the internet activity to ensure that mistakes are avoided.

Chinese friends can follow these 3 simple steps to avoid postings similar to the ones in this thread. I wish them good luck and healthy living.

lol, I was thinking the same thing too, I was like WTF.......The stupid plane flew straight smack over the middle of South China Seas and in between Spratly and Paracel Island.......It's just right there on the first picture............................

lol, I was thinking the same thing too, I was like WTF.......The stupid plane flew straight smack over the middle of South China Seas and in between Spratly and Paracel Island.......It's just right there on the first picture............................

The earth is round, and there's a country in the center of it. Just kidding.
Their knowledge of geography is Zero.

We could say, they just got trolled hard by those CBS and CNN journalists. I remember a lot of Chinese friends always said not to trust western journalists so I don’t know why sometime they still continue to (selectively) quote western journalists like in this thread. I guess being over-excited can also impede one’s selective listening skills.

Not all hope is lost. I still have some more advices for my Chinese friends in these kind of circumstances:

1. When one realised that one had lost face due to a mistake or blunder, such as quoting a contradictory twitter comment. First follow the 3 steps listed earlier.

2. Now re-direct the target of criticism to some one else other than one’s self. In this case, begin to talk trash about the western journalists, how they are unreliable, false, etc. This will re-direct people’s attention and criticism on them instead of on your own blunder and mistake.

3. If step 2 succeed, silently rejoice over the fact that one’s face has been salvaged, also rejoice because the glory of the Chinese motherland had been salvaged.

Just kidding Chinese friends, just an innocent mistake, no big deal.

I wonder how to fly from US to Vietnam and leave without access to South China Sea?

Did @Tiqiu mean now it become more dangerous ( by some new deployed SAM ) to fly over SCS?

China has replaced America, gaining the top position. Congrat.
No wonder, with chinese generals and their palsied fingers on missile button.

That's for safety purpose only as we maintain a no-first-use policy. Of course this is because we have a second strike capability.

There is no nuclear content in Vietnam-China relations. Was never, and will never be. But, you should not be over-concerned about the safety and security of some US personnel.

They just safe guard the president of the USA , if they fly near the coast of China there is a possibility that a suicidal lunatic commie pilot will ram the AF1.

I bet raptors already doing flyby on commie fake island with out even noticing it , to make sure safe radius from AF1

Commie fake island. LOL. I am glad US persons
I wonder how to fly from US to Vietnam and leave without access to South China Sea?

Did @Tiqiu mean now it become more dangerous ( by some new deployed SAM ) to fly over SCS?

Why are you so curious?

Well, I would have to say the CBS journo have Zero knowledge on Geography, the Chinese member here have zero understanding capability.

Anyone who looked at that route 1 second would have said it fly thru SCS. Either people quote topics without looking at it, which would not be the first time anyway, or this is simply a slow news day.......

We could say, they just got trolled hard by those CBS and CNN journalists. I remember a lot of Chinese friends always said not to trust western journalists so I don’t know why sometime they still continue to (selectively) quote western journalists like in this thread. I guess being over-excited can also impede one’s selective listening skills.

Not all hope is lost. I still have some more advices for my Chinese friends in these kind of circumstances:

1. When one realised that one had lost face due to a mistake or blunder, such as quoting a contradictory twitter comment. First follow the 3 steps listed earlier.

2. Now re-direct the target of criticism to some one else other than one’s self. In this case, begin to talk trash about the western journalists, how they are unreliable, false, etc. This will re-direct people’s attention and criticism on them instead of on your own blunder and mistake.

3. If step 2 succeed, silently rejoice over the fact that one’s face has been salvaged, also rejoice because the glory of the Chinese motherland had been salvaged.

Just kidding Chinese friends, just an innocent mistake, no big deal.

You know what amaze me most?

Not just the first dude did not look at how the news present itself, one look at the graph and you will see the tweet contradict itself, what amaze me is that the follow reply also suggested these member collectively did not look at the tweet too.......

Well, I would have to say the CBS journo have Zero knowledge on Geography, the Chinese member here have zero understanding capability.

Anyone who looked at that route 1 second would have said it fly thru SCS. Either people quote topics without looking at it, which would not be the first time anyway, or this is simply a slow news day.......

You know what amaze me most?

Not just the first dude did not look at how the news present itself, one look at the graph and you will see the tweet contradict itself, what amaze me is that the follow reply also suggested these member collectively did not look at the tweet too.......

He think the tweet could illustrate his wet dream, but it not.

Thanks for all the comments of the Vietnamese members here, onymous or anonymous, for you all made me finally comprehend the meaning of " the Vietnamese have the highest level of IQ in the world" claimed by one Vietnamese member just few days ago.

China does not claim the sky above the whole South China Sea. It is the area above the islands in SCS that is subject to China's authority and control. In short any plane can fly past/through SCS save those space above the islands.

For the Vietnamese, Obama's flightpath shattered their wet dream. It is clearly shown that the AF-1 was flying avoiding some area.What was Obama afraid of? Wasn't it the best opportunity for him to demonstrate to their followers that he means what he said by simply flying over those Chinese islands?

It is even more hilarious that you guys can't comprehend the words of Mark knoller, the CBS journalist at the White House press corps. But I wouldn't be surprised that you guys don't know what White House press corps means.

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller May 22
Press pooler @Kevinliptakcnn notes AF-1 flightpath hugged the coast and avoided flying over South China Sea.
7141aa8880784b6c8617364ce784f0af.jpg
It is clearly shown that the AF-1 was flying avoiding some area.What was Obama afraid of?

At first you stressed on Air Force 1 hugged the coast and avoid flying over SCS
The second post, you said "clearly Air Force 1 flying avoiding some area" ( but still fly over SCS )
------

Let's look at the FIR map, we see that AF-1 avoid to use FIR Sanya ( and FIR Hongkong ) but FIR Manila then Ho Chi Minh, then FIR Hanoi.

KUL-PEK-FIR.jpg

So to me, "what Air Force One avoided, it's usage of FIR Sanya".
And you guy ( incl. Mark Knoller ) may not know that US personnels allowed to sit by our ATCC Hanoi staffs side to monitor the flightpath of AF-1, both for FIR Ho Chi Minh and FIR Hanoi

20150114093644-2.jpg

20150114093644-5.jpg

20150114093644-7.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom