What's new

Nowruz: Iranian New Year

where will you visit during the holliday?
i will probably stay 4 days in Ramsar or maybe in Lahijan...
sad-r2.jpg

n00031701-r-b-001.jpg

36429865.jpg

lahijan
219495_760.jpg

I will probably stay home this year . we've visited almost most of the provinces in Iran before and that was really nice .

Dude , Ramsar is really cool but crowded in nowruz .I like the north in fall and winter .

Have a nice and safe tripe .:)

This year will be the first year in my life where I won't be near a single friend or family member during the holidays. I'll be freezing my *** off in shitty Edmonton. At least I'm making good money here so it won't be too depressing.

-22 degrees yesterday. Will probably get down to -27 sometime this week. In my job we work outdoors too lol
A far cry from the beautiful spring of my home town, Shiraz. Meh, this is what I signed up for when I got the job.

Happy new year everyone.

Sounds familiar. I study and live in another country from where my family is, and Ive been alone every Norooz holiday for the last 5 years :(

And I dont have any Iranian friends here either. lol

Fara rasidane Norouz va sale now ra be hameye doostane Gerami shadbash migooyam.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few friends from Iran here in the states, we get along really well. I have plans to visit Iran someday, esp Isfahan and Tehran(that is where my friends are from :P). Nowruz Mubarak folks! Send some sabzi pollo and mahi for us too :D

Nowruz pirooz. Of all the holidays we celebrate in the world during a year, this is my favorite, because it marks a new beginning based on something scientific, not based on a person/war.

In Vedic India also, the calendar was originally based on the solstices and equinoxes. However that system was gradually replaced around 2000 years back.

Glad to see that the Iranians have kept the ancient traditions alive.

Happy Nawroz to everybody!

charshanbe suri(it was last night),the last wednesday of year's firework along farvardin 13th(farvardin is the first Persian month) when people have to leave their homes and stay in nature for a day are among the few times you can see people dancing everywhere.
and today is nowuz.we'll start party exactly at 14:31:56!
again happy nowruz to all people around the world!

Why are Iranians not following Hijiri New Year? Arent they proud to be muslims or the national sentiment is stronger than religion ?

Back
Top Bottom