What's new

Happy Iranian new century & year

raptor22

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Happy new year to all Iranians and all those whom celebrate Nowruz an ancient festival at the beginning of spring which also is exactly synchronized by nature equinox which shows importance of mathematics and astronomy amongst our fathers or an orange in a bowl of water (the earth floating in space) which proof Iranian knowledge of such a thing for a long time.
At the end I wish you all a year an a century full of joy, prosper and happiness like spring.

Happy new year to all.

170226_4013533118_1000_750.jpeg

Happy-Nowruz-Persian-New-Year-1024x569.jpg

happy-nowruz-en-photokade-com-7.jpg

Azizan Eide Nowroozo behetoon tabrik migam. InshAllah hamishe shad, salamat va moafagh bashin va zendegitoon por az barkat bashe. Baraye shoma va azizanetoon behtarino arezoo mikonam.

Happy nowruz, although I don't think every iranic group celebrates it
Just asked my Gilgiti friend why they celebrate this event and I was surprised that he doesn't even know about its Persian origin yet they celebrate it.
They have adopted it in their own culture.
Then asked a Pushtoon class fellow from FATA,he doesn't know what Nowruz is!

Isn't basant similar to that?, I have seen my elders talking about Punjabi months etc
View attachment 825811

Not punjabi but lahori/hindu and it’s based off lunar calendar with different date.

The Wednesday before nowruz (which translates to naya roz in Urdu, means new day) is called Charshanbe Suri.

On the night of Charshanbe Suri, iranians get drunk on arag saghi(what we call desi in Pakistan or kutta maar), hop over fires, and bang on their neighbors doors with spoons.

Not punjabi but lahori/hindu and it’s based off lunar calendar with different date.

The Wednesday before nowruz (which translates to naya roz in Urdu, means new day) is called Charshanbe Suri.

On the night of Charshanbe Suri, iranians get drunk on arag saghi(what we call desi in Pakistan or kutta maar), hop over fires, and bang on their neighbors doors with spoons.
Lahore is historical capital of Punjab and it's not a Hindu city and never was...
Upon reading it's a sikh calendar and we just happen to use it or know about it

Back
Top Bottom