What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Nein, I would be more suspecting of bird strike. People in the area dump their garbage that includes old food items all around the flightpath of airfields(due to the open space surrounding them and the rather easy way one can throw their trash out there instead of making the effort to take it to the trash dumps). This attracts scavengers by the dozens and has led to many bird strikes in the past. Both seagulls, eagles and crows throng the flightpath of some localities.
In certain cases this led to increasing the airfield perimeter to deter these poor or ignorant folk that live near the area from dumping their trash near the field. It is sad that just due to poor hygiene and bad attitude of both the people and the municipal government, pilots lose their lives.

The IAF finally took the inititave in a much more comprehensive role as it has suffered just as much(or more in some cases due to the geographical location of some IAFS).

http://indianairforce.nic.in/fsmagazines/AUGUST 12.pdf

India Buys Bird-Strike Radars | Aviation International News

Than the PAF needs a better politic and tactic to clean his flight areas !

I think the civil administration should get off its butt and start doing its bit and cooperate 100% with the PAF in clearing the area surrounding the Masroor base of everything that attracts birds.

This has gone on long enough!

Probably it caught fire in air and the pilots tried to take aircraft away from dense population and in their effort they lost precious seconds. Anyways just guesses, inquiry will establish exact causes.
May Allah bless all the lost souls with peace who lost their lives in this accident and early recovery of the injured ones.

but modern ejection seats allow pilots to eject at low altitudes, why our pilots are not ejecting safely??

innalillahe.jpg

the last accident was a 2 seat mirage as well !!!!

whats with them crashing !!!! :undecided:

IMO this needs investigation and a thorough one to pick out the fault thats taking on the fleet
In the last Mirage crash where a wing commander and a flying officer died; attributed to bad weather and in this case it was a technical fault and pilots laid their lives in saving Precious lives on ground,

but modern ejection seats allow pilots to eject at low altitudes, why our pilots are not ejecting safely??

Pilots staying in the plane - to the last second, to avoid casualties on the ground, these guys took valor to the line and then crossed it.

Mirage's ejection system is not like F 16 Which allows pilots to eject at low altitude... F 6s were bought in 1966 and seats Changed in 1974,... A 5s were Purchased in 1983 and MB seats were introduced in 1991 after Losing 7 pilots in 8 crashes..

In Pakistan, every two seater is called a training jet and every crash called a 'crash during a training flight'.

TBH though, every mission is a training of sorts, hands on training.

Anyways, perhaps the Squadron Leader was transitioning or something like that...anything is possible.

It depends upon the Nature of the Mission, Nothing unusual,

Mirage's ejection system is not like F 16 Which allows pilots to eject at low altitude... F 6s were bought in 1966 and seats Changed in 1974,... A 5s were Purchased in 1983 and MB seats were introduced in 1991 after Losing 7 pilots in 8 crashes..
Interestingly Chinese seats are all mechanical, I remember one of my No 2 saying to me after he ejected on my call. "You once said though it does not fire but there is no harm trying it. I did and there I am still alive." :-). If I am not wrong Mirage has a zero zero.

RIP to the brave warriors!!!!
PAF should seriously consider replacement of these fighters with JF-17s as soon as more are available. We are losing precious lives because of these old birds.
My dear your government is hell bent upon reducing defence production budget, salute them who are still fighting with old weapons in all three arms.

Than the PAF needs a better politic and tactic to clean his flight areas !
How can PAF control corrupt SBCA, just like how rangers can clean up Karachi with political influence

If we look at wikipedia data all major crashes occured after 2006-2007. We lost many planes mirages, f-7s, mushak and one f-16. Do you think quality of maintenance went down or corruption is rising?
Flight hours also went up. Pilots are flying more than the usual.. and in addition, the airframes are slowly starting to show their age.

The F-16 went down due to CFIT, essentially pilot error.

Dont your Mirages have Zero Zero Ejection Seats ?

Zero Zero does not account for rolling out of control at less than 100 feet when trying to save people in a bus terminal

Flight hours also went up. Pilots are flying more than the usual.. and in addition, the airframes are slowly starting to show their age.

The F-16 went down due to CFIT, essentially pilot error.

Zero Zero does not account for rolling out of control at less than 100 feet when trying to save people in a bus terminal

Painful.

Once plane is on fire and pilots attempting to take aircraft out of population, the fire affected systems keep going down definitely time comes when nothing works even ejection seat doesn't fire or crew become incapacitated and mind you hundreds of degrees temperature right behind someone's back doesn't take more than seconds to reach cockpit.

Once plane is on fire and pilots attempting to take aircraft out of population, the fire affected systems keep going down definitely time comes when nothing works even ejection seat doesn't fire or crew become incapacitated and mind you hundreds of degrees temperature right behind someone's back doesn't take more than seconds to reach cockpit.

but at least one pilot could have ejected, they were senior officers and their lives were precious.

It is so difficult to educate people about the danger of bird-strike. It would be better to construct another base out of the city and allocate enough area that issue of bird strike never come in because of ignorant and uncaring population. What a waste of precious lives and hardware.

but at least one pilot could have ejected, they were senior officers and their lives were precious.
my dear no one knows what they went through in the cockpit except them. It is until the inquiry is complete some jigsaw pieces will be put in place to rebuild the story. Yet actual happening has gone with them to the heavens above.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom