What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

I am extremely saddened to hear about Fl. Lt. Imran Tariq. I only met him once that I can remember, and I believe it was the night before his father's crash. I was five years old at that time, so please excuse if I am not perfectly accurate about this, but I believe this was at his sister's third birthday party. It was at the Officer's Mess at the AFB Masroor. The reason the memory of the 6 month (to 1 year) old Imran is so permanently imprinted in me is because he pulled my hair so hard that evening that I still shudder when I think about it. The kid had an iron grip! He only let go when his father came and rescued me.

My father (a Wing Commander at that time) was commanding the 18th Squadron of F-86s at Masroor. Fl. Lt. Tariq was his second in command. My father was to do a solo aerobatics program at the 14 August celebrations. The base commander Masroor (I think it was Air Crd. Changezi, but not sure) had asked my father to demo his routine to him that day so an F-86 was readied for that flight. As I understand it, that demo was cancelled at the last minute as the base commander became unavailable. Fl. Lt. Nasim was his backup for the 14th August program. He called Fl. Lt. Nasim and asked him to go ahead and practice his routines since he was not able to fly, and the F-86 was available, fueled and ready to go.

I guess it was not much later, that I was sitting on the front steps of our house. This was the bottom floor of the old barrack style houses that were lined up next to a triangle shaped park (it was the 16/1 block). I guess if you have spent time in Masroor, you would know what I am talking about. It was a loud explosion that shook me up. I ran inside to my mother in the kitchen, asking her what had happened. She of course had heard it too and was busy on the phone trying to get a hold of anyone who may know what had happened. Eventually I remember her telling me that Tariq Uncle had crashed and passed. I remember being sorry that I had been upset with Imran the night before and now the poor kid had lost his dad.

As I understand it, the F-86 had stress fractures, and the wing buckled during high G aerobatic maneuvers. The 18th Squadron was grounded, and that was the last of the F-86s in PAF. My thoughts and prayers go out to Mrs. Nasim. My mother has told me about the hardship she bore after her husband's demise and yet did a fantastic job in raising a son who, like his father, gave his life in service to his country. Pakistanis in this time of chaos, need to recognize their heroism even more and honor Mrs. Nasim for her sacrifices.

My father passed away four years ago, or I would have been able to give very accurate details of this event.

I am extremely saddened to hear about Fl. Lt. Imran Tariq. I only met him once that I can remember, and I believe it was the night before his father's crash. I was five years old at that time, so please excuse if I am not perfectly accurate about this, but I believe this was at his sister's third birthday party. It was at the Officer's Mess at the AFB Masroor. The reason the memory of the 6 month (to 1 year) old Imran is so permanently imprinted in me is because he pulled my hair so hard that evening that I still shudder when I think about it. The kid had an iron grip! He only let go when his father came and rescued me.

My father (a Wing Commander at that time) was commanding the 18th Squadron of F-86s at Masroor. Fl. Lt. Tariq was his second in command. My father was to do a solo aerobatics program at the 14 August celebrations. The base commander Masroor (I think it was Air Crd. Changezi, but not sure) had asked my father to demo his routine to him that day so an F-86 was readied for that flight. As I understand it, that demo was cancelled at the last minute as the base commander became unavailable. Fl. Lt. Nasim was his backup for the 14th August program. He called Fl. Lt. Nasim and asked him to go ahead and practice his routines since he was not able to fly, and the F-86 was available, fueled and ready to go.

I guess it was not much later, that I was sitting on the front steps of our house. This was the bottom floor of the old barrack style houses that were lined up next to a triangle shaped park (it was the 16/1 block). I guess if you have spent time in Masroor, you would know what I am talking about. It was a loud explosion that shook me up. I ran inside to my mother in the kitchen, asking her what had happened. She of course had heard it too and was busy on the phone trying to get a hold of anyone who may know what had happened. Eventually I remember her telling me that Tariq Uncle had crashed and passed. I remember being sorry that I had been upset with Imran the night before and now the poor kid had lost his dad.

As I understand it, the F-86 had stress fractures, and the wing buckled during high G aerobatic maneuvers. The 18th Squadron was grounded, and that was the last of the F-86s in PAF. My thoughts and prayers go out to Mrs. Nasim. My mother has told me about the hardship she bore after her husband's demise and yet did a fantastic job in raising a son who, like his father, gave his life in service to his country. Pakistanis in this time of chaos, need to recognize their heroism even more and honor Mrs. Nasim for her sacrifices.

My father passed away four years ago, or I would have been able to give very accurate details of this event.

Salute to all those who are Martyred in the line of duty :pakistan: ... and they shall remain in our hearts forever ... and nation will respect them till the end of time ...

Military helicopter crashes in Islamabad, Pakistan

March 10, 2011

All the three crew members aboard a military helicopter survived when the chopper crashed Thursday morning in the southern part of Pakistan's capital Islamabad, reported PTV, a local state-owned Urdu TV channel.

According to the report, the accident took place at about 11:00 am (local time) when the military helicopter crashed in the Berma Pull area of Islamabad shortly after it took off from a military camp located on the outskirts of the capital.

An army rescue team reached the site shortly after the plane crashed.

Local media reports quoted army sources as saying that the crash of the helicopter was due to technical problems.

Details about the survived crew members as well as the helicopter itself are not immediately available.

Source: Xinhua

Army helicopter makes crash landing

ISLAMABAD: A small helicopter of Army Aviation made an emergency landing on Lehtrar Road in the vicinity of Koral Police Station on Thursday. The three-seater “Acquirell” :what:of Army Aviation after flying from aviation’s Dhamyal Base Rawalpindi developed some technical fault, which forced the pilot to make emergency landing on Lehtrar Road. All the three personnel on board including Pilot, Co-pilot and a crewmember remained unhurt during the landing. staff report

you know what caused this?

a squirrel !!!

pic03k.jpg

i was was wondering whether the aircraft crashes reports are made public to the true causes.....for example if a pilot does some really stupid thing and crashes the plane but the spokesman says that it was a mechanical problem.....what exactly is the cause of this......AND DOES SOMEBODY KNOW ABOUT THE BELL 412 CRASH IN BANNU WHICH CRASHED IN THE WATER WITH TWO CAPTAIns OR MAJORS AT THE HELM????

i was was wondering whether the aircraft crashes reports are made public to the true causes.....for example if a pilot does some really stupid thing and crashes the plane but the spokesman says that it was a mechanical problem.....what exactly is the cause of this......AND DOES SOMEBODY KNOW ABOUT THE BELL 412 CRASH IN BANNU WHICH CRASHED IN THE WATER WITH TWO CAPTAIns OR MAJORS AT THE HELM????

most all a/c crashes/incidents are reported in the media including the bannu incident. AFAIK the PA has so far lost 2 Bells, 2 Cobras, 1 Puma and 2 Mi-17s to various accidents in the WoT.

what was the reported cause of the bell 412 crash in bannu???...which crashed in the dam.

what was the reported cause of the bell 412 crash in bannu???...which crashed in the dam.

technical failure it was - now most all inquiry reports on the causes are never made public.

i can assure you 130% that it was not technical failure

i can assure you 130% that it was not technical failure

Whatever were the reasons, there are some facts that may be attributed to crash. Army Aviation helicopters are not equipped with emergency flotation gear, therefore they are not authorized to fly over water bodies. The ill fated aircraft was flying over water reservoir, in violation of procedures.
I happen to talk to someone in Army Aviation, and he describes that Bell 412 was flying low over the dam. Now every helicopter is to fly at a safe height (unless necessitates by operation requirement). it is because, if helicopter engine fails, the helo may safely autorotate and glide away to a safe landing place. but if maintaining low altitude over water, and for some reason, your engine goes, there is no otherway then to ditch the helicopter in water.
Remember, unlike Navy, Army aviators does not wear any life jackets, thus ditching a helicopter in water and then swim away, chances are slim.

Whatever were the reasons, there are some facts that may be attributed to crash. Army Aviation helicopters are not equipped with emergency flotation gear, therefore they are not authorized to fly over water bodies. The ill fated aircraft was flying over water reservoir, in violation of procedures.
I happen to talk to someone in Army Aviation, and he describes that Bell 412 was flying low over the dam. Now every helicopter is to fly at a safe height (unless necessitates by operation requirement). it is because, if helicopter engine fails, the helo may safely autorotate and glide away to a safe landing place. but if maintaining low altitude over water, and for some reason, your engine goes, there is no otherway then to ditch the helicopter in water.
Remember, unlike Navy, Army aviators does not wear any life jackets, thus ditching a helicopter in water and then swim away, chances are slim.

thanks for the info!

thr heli was on a routine patrol and it was not in the flight plan to go near the water reservoir....the pilots were put on a holding pattern for sometime adn to wsate time the pilots decided to do something which i am not going to say above the dam.....

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

the heli was perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom