What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Sir jee,

what do you suggest then? He should have stayed inside and crashed with the plane?

I mean he probably didn't have a flurry of choices to pick from, he had one chance and he took.....little would he know that the chute won't deploy (or won't deploy in time for him to slow down)

we dont even know whether it was inverted or not when he ejected.....

Word from H Khan

I've just heard that the crashed JF-17 was a brand new aircraft and was on its maiden flight. There was another JF-17 aircraft which was deputized as a chase aircraft. Apparently, there was an engine surge, the pilot of the ill fated JF-17 tried to restart the engine but since the aircraft was flying low and at a low speed he didn't have much time to complete the procedure

He ejected while the aircraft was at almost 90 degree right bank. He ejected but the ejection seat struck the ridge or side of the hill while the pilot was still strapped in the seat.
Here. This gives more strength to the last part.
I still go for what I said earlier.
we dont even know whether it was inverted or not when he ejected.....
Sir jee. It was inverted. The picture of the crashed jet shows the landing gear above.
Unless you tellme that fighter jets are like cars, which can turn upside down after high speed crashes, I am firm in saying it were a upside down crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I honestly think this whole JF-17 crash thing is being blown out of proportion. To put it plain and simple, crashes happen, that is part of flying. The JF-17 first flew way back in 2003, having a single crash after all the developement, current flight testing, and operating 2 squadrons is not bad at all.

For example, an Aermacchi M-346 Prototype just crashed, does that imply the plane is bad? No, not at all.

Aermacchi M-346 Prototype Crashes After Leaving Dubai: key.Aero, Military Aviation

Moreover, I am a statistician by trade and have worked on quality control stuff. Trust me nothing is 100% fool proof, and the reliability of any system is gauged over the long run, with a small number of accidents/crashes expected to occur.

a pilot would have to be extremely dumb and brain-dead to eject inverted.....especially at low alt.

though i do agree that the aircraft crashed in an inverted position, based on pictures i've seen which i assume are non-adulterated ones.

since the chute didnt properly deploy either his alt. was too low and the sinking effect applied; or the chute was defective.....

(or both!)

This story is rubbish, there is nothing to substantiate it janab. Till the inquiry comes out, one cannot be sure.

a pilot would have to be extremely dumb and brain-dead to eject inverted.....especially at low alt.

though i do agree that the aircraft crashed in an inverted position, based on pictures i've seen which i assume are non-adulterated ones.

since the chute didnt properly deploy either his alt. was too low and the sinking effect applied; or the chute was defective.....

(or both!)

Sir:

Ejecting upside down from high altitude is not a problem. Modern seats are gyro stabilized (e.g. ACES II) which means that they are made so as to stabilize in an upright position as soon as they leave the aircraft. Furthermore the Zvezda K-93 ejection seat is at least one example which allows you to eject while inverted and survive at altitudes as low as 150 feet. These seats are gyro stabilized which makes them rotate to the proper side up as soon as they leave the cockpit. Then rockets deploy the parachute.

Check the following video. The pilot ejects at a very low altitude at around 34 sec.

Air Show Crash MIG 29 - YouTube

ps: And dude stop being apologetic ask whatever you want.

Second these seats are 0:0 ejection seats which basically allow you to eject safely at 0 altitude and/or at 0 speed. So low altitude should not be a problem.

Sir jee. It was inverted. The picture of the crashed jet shows the landing gear above.
Unless you tellme that fighter jets are like cars, which can turn upside down after high speed crashes, I am firm in saying it were a upside down crash.

The aircraft could have easily inverted after ejection. I mean its a no brainer. Second the aircraft could have been in a barrel role even before the pilot ejected.

(or both!
)
I guess the bold part is true the Parachute was defective otherwise the pilot would have survived.....Ure assumptions are exactly what I 've been saying from the beginning. Cuz these parachutes are designed to work in inverted or upright position....the Europeans have a very good standard of the safety but unluckily this parachute had some defect so failed to save the precious life of our pilot....:smokin:

just wanted to share some throughts about the news and comments about this incident that are being shared elsewhere in the web

some of our eastern neighbours are gracing the you-tube videos on JF-17 with their colourful comments
looks like they want to vent off all their frustration while the news is hot.
Sir Nothing to be angry about - What goes around comes around - After all its our infamous eastern neighbor whose air force managed to crash 1000 air crafts in just few decades so rest assured you would get your chance to pay them back in the same coin soon but i guess we are quite different from Indians.

Sir Nothing to be angry about - What goes around comes around - After all its our infamous eastern neighbor whose air force managed to crash 1000 air crafts in just few decades so rest assured you would get your chance to pay them back in the same coin soon but i guess we are quite different from Indians.

this is not my idea I will never do such a thing. like Santro is saying. there is no point in speculating.
a plane crashed and a pilot is dead. may his soul rest in peace.

this is not my idea I will never do such a thing. like Santro is saying. there is no point in speculating.
a plane crashed and a pilot is dead. may his soul rest in peace.

Military air crashes is quite a regular occurrence around the globe and people do lose life in these accidents, although I must admit this one did hurt. As for some despicable neighbours, one can easily rattle some skeletons in their cupboard like they need to be reminded of their last Mig-29 crash...it's been a over a month and no trace of the pilot's body, not to mention one of their chief test pilot committing suicide after having to live with the major blunder he caused with the AJT.

GUYZ MY MOTHER JUST TOLD ME THAT THE PILOT OF THUNDER WAS OUR FAMILY FRIEND'S CLOSE RELATIVE!!!
LIKE "PHUPPI ZAAD BHAI!"

well she is more like my mom's friend, they used to work together in Pakistan before both moved to canada. she talked to my mother today on the phone and told her that one of her close relative martyred in a PAF plane crash a couple of days ago....

he was a very decorated pilot!

Feeling your grief and Shaheed's family grief.May Allah bless them with patience-Aameen!

Many factors can attribute to an air crash it might have been a bird ingestion into the engine that it flamed out.

Back
Top Bottom