What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

PAF lost first F-16 due to wild boar hit during TO.

PAF lost many valuable aircraft and some times precious lives of pilots due to bird hit.

PAF has a very effective programme to minimise/eliminate this menace. However, more efforts are required to avoid such occurrences.

Bad new. It will be bitter but truth be told JF-17 safety record so far can be termed as mediocre at best. Now units from Block I, Block II & Block II- B have crashed, which were all almost brand new.

Training & maintenance procedures must be re-worked, we cannot just ignore every crash by saying "Bird Hit". Block III should be tested and tested some more for safety, even if it means delaying it.

I don't know what makes you think that a professional force will merely say a bird hit and ignore it. For east reference, just look at safety record of PAF. It's just below the belt by calling ignorance.

I am not saying that bout "bird hits", that can happen anyways but not all crashes were bird hits. that part of my comment is about the crashes that were not the bird the hit.

2ndly, my house is just 2 KMs away from Sargodha airbase, and comes under the cantonment board which is technically headed by Base commander. Our street throws all of it trash in a open area due to lack of waste bin there. My late father had to visit the cantonment board office multiple times, for them to send sanitation truck just to clean that garbage up. Even for the streets that do have these garbage bin. garbage is always over flowing no regular cleaning there either. That's the way things are around Sargodha airbase (biggest PAF base).

All surrounding areas near PAF airbases are technically under PAF/cantonment board responsibility. They cannot just dump it on civilian and escape accountability. They way they handle roads & other infrastructure is story for another day.
Yes, only 2 of the crashes were actual malfunctions, and somehow that means Thunder has a bad safety record according? Even if it was 4 crashes and none of them were due to bird strikes, it’s still an excellent Safety record.

Yes JF-17B on final approach crashed.....likely a bird strike.
Low Level bird strike is always dangerous. Just a thought though on finals the aircraft is on reduced power hence gliding. How come the pilots did not try to land? The only reason is structural failure due to bird strike in which the aircraft could not glide.

Low Level bird strike is always dangerous. Just a thought though on finals the aircraft is on reduced power hence gliding. How come the pilots did not try to land? The only reason is structural failure due to bird strike in which the aircraft could not glide.

You have never seen a bird strike impact on a cockpit have you?

Bird strikes are known to have brought down multi engine jets, a single engine aircraft has little to no chance.
Sometimes the impact can be so severe that the aircraft falls like a stone from the air....also on finals with low altitude, no chance of a recovery.

Bad new. It will be bitter but truth be told JF-17 safety record so far can be termed as mediocre at best. Now units from Block I, Block II & Block II- B have crashed, which were all almost brand new.

Training & maintenance procedures must be re-worked, we cannot just ignore every crash by saying "Bird Hit". Block III should be tested and tested some more for safety, even if it means delaying it.
Yeah f22 has bad record..so many have crashed
So is the f16
A crash of mirage jf17 and f7 isnt a crash if the pilots surivive since those are eaisly replaceable or disposable

Yeah f22 has bad record..so many have crashed
So is the f16
A crash of mirage jf17 and f7 isnt a crash if the pilots surivive since those are eaisly replaceable or disposable
13 recorded cases of the Raptor in its over 25 year span. https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/type/F22
F-16s were by a lot back in the day.

Any aircraft is replaceable. The cost of the pilot far exceeds any aircraft they fly.

Bottom line its not a big deal since both of them ejctd safely

An f16 is still not replaceble but bravo we can build more
I don't know who would "we" be. But yes if PAF can afford it and have funds for it, then they can place a formal order to have the write-off replaced eventually.

Indeed, a sad news but biggest comfort was when I learned about the safety of both pilots. Alhamdolillah. Unfortunately, bird strikes are something no one can do anything except ensuring that birds stay away from our airbases. I am pretty sure, PAF will double down its efforts in this regard.

You can't glide indefinitely in any aircraft. Combat jets on the other hand make very bad gliders, they require higher speeds and in turn thrust to generate the required lift. On finals, the aircraft is already close to its stall speed. When it then loses power from a bird strike, the deployed gear and flaps don't allow it much time before it crosses the stall threshold and drops straight down.

If the Jigs have been switched over to Block-III then how will a Block-IIB be built without switching back ?

There will be parallel sub-assemblies for the two variants. That's how you produce both A and B versions for a single order.

There is a Chinese facility

.........No there isn't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom