What's new

NOTAMS/NAVAREA IX Navigation Warnings for Exercises/Missile Tests

The politico-military environment is ripe to impose deterrence...
Ababeel seems to be a weapon of choice

It's an official NOTAM but I am not sure I am at liberty to share it since the documents were shared with me in a personal capacity. Not sure why it isn't on the CAA website (or maybe it is, or maybe it will be soon).
(A0036/21 A02 NOTAMN
Q)OPXX/QARLC/IV/NBO/E/000/999/
A)OPKR OPLR
B)2101190700 C)2101201030
D)FROM 19-20 JAN'2021
BTN 0700-1030
E)FLW ROUTE SEGMENTS OF INTL. ATS ROUTES WITHIN KARACHI AND LAHORE
FIR WILL NOT BE AVBL FROM GND TO UNL DUE OPS. REASONS.

INTERNATIONAL ATS ROUTE ROUTE SEGMENT
----------------------- -------------
G452 MERUN-KALAT
G202 HALAL-MERUN
G214 BIREX-RK
G325 KALAT-DALTI
G326 ZB-LUBNA
A454/A325/G208 MELOM-PARET
B466/N636 NH-IDEBA
G216 SIDKA-KA
G326 LUBNA-ZB
A791/R462 BIVIN-KA
M504 ALPOR-GOGUM
M638/G210 DOSTI-KC
N894 LAKIV-DALDA
P518 PAXUR-PARET
L750 BIROS-MERUN
G201 ZB-MULTA
R471 RK-MERUN

ALTERNATE ATS ROUTE
--------------------
1) ATRIS DCT SALED DCT 3032N06958E DCGT UPVAL DCT BINDO DCT
RK AND VICE VERSA
2) MERUN DCT BHATI DCT DADLO ORDLO DCT SERKA AND VICE VERSA
3) MERUN DCT BHATI DCT DADLO ORLAR DCT BILIP AND VICE VERSA
4) BIROS DCT JHANG AND VECE VERSA
5) SULOM L509 HANGU AND VICE VERSA

FOR ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE OPERATIONS.
--------------------------------
1) KALAT G325 HANGU AND VICE VERSA (OPIS/OPPS/OPST)
2) KALAT G325 ZB DCT DI A466 JANG AND VICE VERSA
(OPLA/OPST/OPFA)
3) KALAT G325 PARLO DCT BHATI DCT TULRI J14 MT AND VICE
VERSA (OPMT/OPFA)

NOTE: FOLLOWING ATS ROUTES ARE ATC DISCRETION
-----------------------------------------------
1) BINDO L750 MERUN AND VICE VERSA
2) RK G452 MERUN AND VICE VERSA
3) BIROS DCT BHATI DCT TULRI DCT MERUN
F)GND G)UNL)
@farok84 the NOTAM you posted is correct. I have seen the accompanying maps for it.

@HRK @Arsalan
None of these indicate the area or range as being claimed in some pictures (the one indicating a 2500-3000Km range). This one is not related to the picture being shared as far as i can see.

None of these indicate the area or range as being claimed in some pictures (the one indicating a 2500-3000Km range). This one is not related to the picture being shared as far as i can see.
Check inbox. The range of the corridor is 2200 km.

Check inbox. The range of the corridor is 2200 km.
are we sure it will be a missile test I mean is it possible it could be a test related to some long range UAV as

- the launching point is almost in the middle of the country

- Somani in the south and Tila Jogian in north are only two know missile launching sites .....

- Still no NAVAREA warring is issued which mean what ever would be tested might not have any impact zone in the sea.

- Only issuance of NOTAM might indicates that it is something related to flying object ....

These are just few of my observations or you ca say some of my questions

are we sure it will be a missile test I mean is it possible it could be a test related to some long range UAV as

- Somani in the south and Tila Jogian in north are only two know missile launching sites .....

- Still no NAVAREA warring is issued which mean what ever would be tested might not have any impact zone in the sea.

- Only issuance of NOTAM might indicates that it is something related to flying object ....

Launch site could be DG Khan. Which is why I suspected it could be a training launch.

UAV test does not require clearing of airspace to unlimited altitude. It's just an aircraft that just needs flight plan.

We have had past tests with no navarea warnings by PN while notams were issued by CAA.

The dates could might as well pass with no announcements in case of failures/aborts or simply no desire to announce. So I wouldn't hold my breath.

BTW NOTAM is labelled SPD activity (in Arsalans inbox) which is more indication of missiles.

1611068908310.png

IL76 flying over Sadiqabad, Southern Punjab:
1611072427816.png

Could they be testing using the TEL in a different area or something?
AWACS/EW system?

I am unaware of any 3000km claim however the 2200/2300km one stands correct and is the more accurate one. Also regarding Fateh, as far as i know that is its regular movement, it mostly loops near Karachi along with Dolphin.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom