What's new

Night Falcons BLOCK (D) , arrival means capability boost

What about SU-35 deal? :what:

I believe it was only a trap set up to capture India. SU35 deal with Pakistan wont happen.

Well the engines , certainly are better quality then the initial batch , as these engines based on reduce maintenance by 30% , and not to mention nice life for 10-12 years

F100-PW-229

The first -229 was flown in 1989 and has a thrust of 79 kN (17,800 lbf) (dry thrust) and 29,160 lbf (129.7 kN) with afterburner. It currently powers late model F-16s and the F-15E Strike Eagle. Using technology developed from the F119 and F135 engine programs for the F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II.

The current production F100-PW-229 EEP (Engine Enhancement Package) incorporates modern turbine materials, cooling management techniques, compressor aerodynamics, and electronic controls. Deliveries of the -229EEP began in 2009.

Motor-F-100-PW-229-EEP-ilustra%C3%A7%C3%A3o-PW.jpg

Physical specs

JF17 - RD-33
General characteristics
Type: afterburning turbofan
Length: 166.50 in
Diameter: 40.94 in
Dry weight: 2,326 lb

P&W - F100-PW-229
General characteristics
Type: Afterburning turbofan
Length: 191 inches
Diameter: 34.8 inches (88 cm) inlet, 46.5 inches (118 cm) maximum external
Dry weight: 1,700 kg

Length wise the power plant is
  • 25 inch longer then RD-33
  • Heavier
  • Its diameter is larger towards the tail, while JF-17 Thunder engine is more uniform

I would be interested to know what kind of options exist if were to make JF-17 Twin series , Block 3 , with P&W power plant ?

It would be great to induct 50 JF-17 thunders , on P&W platform

I strongly believe our engineers are fully capable of making engines, so we should make one of our own. I am also sure F16's engine has been studied by both China & Pakistan.

Considering the physical attributes of the P&W Engine series matches the JF17 so closely , it would be an ideal
Power plant , for extra Thrust for the DUEL seat, Thunders
  • Block 3 +
Since we have an Enhanced partner status , I don't see why Pakistan cannot Order 50 orders for P&W engines for Block 3+ Designation , specifically for thunders - for this engine for which we already have ample technical knowledge. These would be specifically for Pakistan and not for resale

• RD-33 Engine, is great base Block 1 , Block 2
  • Guizhou WS-13, is maturing , Block 3
  • P&W Enginer Series is also available, P&W - F100-PW-229EEP , exclusively for Pakistan air-force Block 3 +
P&W and Pakistan could get into a direct contract for supply of parts

Last edited:
Once upon a time we had 48 odd F16 planes so we upgraded them to modern standard
F-16_Kunsan_AB_Elephant_Walk.jpg

Then we ordered new planes , almost same amount over quite a few years
F-16_Kunsan_AB_Elephant_Walk.jpg

This is how 100 F16 C/D would look like , we are almost there

Not to mentioned we also added these lovely side mounted fuel tanks looking very nice on our new birds, I have to admit the bubble cannopy is beautiful piece of imagination
3_1024x697.JPG

Just thought it would be valuable to note that

We are also getting a top rate Electronic Warfare pod

x095YZ.png

Last edited:
Well if the C is available , there is no harm to attain them we can always enhance these with FMS program

However , we must also restock the ammunition for the F16 since its been heavily used in fighting terror, was suprised that no missile package was announced in the proposal

Well if the C is available , there is no harm to attain them we can always enhance these with FMS program

However , we must also restock the ammunition for the F16 since its been heavily used in fighting terror, was suprised that no missile package was announced in the proposal

We did buy 500 AMRAAM C-5 and 200 Sidewinders in previous purchase. Seems enough.
A lot of anti ground munitions used, so those will need replenishment. Hope they make a weapons purchase once AIM-9X available for export, since the Block-52s have JHMCS. Even once the AMRAAM was off limits to Pakistan so eventually perhaps the AIM-9X will be released too.

Can any of the locally made guided bombs be used on F-16s?

What difference in between F 16 BLK 52 And F 16 Soufa and F 2 of japanese copy of F 16 It is said japanese F 2 is too expansive than why is F 2 is superior to any F 16 it is very difficult for me to say which is beter since israel US and japan says their varient is best

Can somebody please tell what is the delivery time of these 8 F 16s?

end of 2017
Thanks for the information Sir. If we have to wait for almost 2 years and we have the option to go for 10 more, then the order of other 10 should also be given right away when america is willing to give us these jets rather than a year later when such deal may become difficult. Regards.

f-16_fighting_falcon_pakistan_air_force_no_5_sqn_022.jpg

Its just look so good and Alienish .I hate it just because its very hard to get ,but good things in life are always hard .Ehlan Washalan Marhaba.

Back
Top Bottom