What's new

Ambassador Mk III fast attack craft of the Egyptian Navy

They were successful with a few of them and hit 2 ships sinking one of them. They just ran out and France wouldn't resupply them for obvious reasons. This compromising stuff is not real.

From Wiki: In 1982, during the Falklands War, Argentine Navy Dassault-Breguet Super Étendard warplanes carrying the AM39 Air-launched version of the Exocet caused damage which sank the Royal Navy destroyer HMS Sheffield on 4 May 1982. Two more Exocets struck the 15,000-ton merchant ship Atlantic Conveyor on 25 May.
Initially exocets created havoc, then the brits arm twisted the french to give them the IFF codes, that is when they became impotent.

This topic has been discussed on this forum, with very credible links as well.

Yes but the US gives it more high tech to defend itself..

That they will, the bastards have their nuts in a vice. Not that their nuts are anything substantial.

And if they were any back-doors why would the US didn't supply the AIM-120 Medium-Range Air-to-Air to Egypt..!!?
Lets put back-door conspiracies aside, and talk rationally. IFF codes are a reality, right?

Just a thought, MAYBE, had they been supplied, and used by the EAF against the IAF, and then failed due to IFF codes, what would that do, to the credibility of American missiles?

Egypt used the French Mirage 5 and Iraq the British Hawker Hunter with their munition against Usrael in the 1973 war..So don't believe in those back-doors.. maybe Jamming codes.. but then Countries know that possibility and take it into account..
Wouldn't you agree that technology has come a long way since 1973 ?

Just technical support withdrawal from the OEM can be disastrous.

Note: My line of questioning, is not meant to insult or hurt anyone's sentiments, it is just my opinion that all the H/w bought from the west, can be compromised when it comes to the Zionists.

That they will, the bastards have their nuts in a vice. Not that their nuts are anything substantial.

Lets put back-door conspiracies aside, and talk rationally. IFF codes are a reality, right?

Just a thought, MAYBE, had they been supplied, and used by the EAF against the IAF, and then failed due to IFF codes, what would that do, to the credibility of American missiles?

Wouldn't you agree that technology has come a long way since 1973 ?

Just technical support withdrawal from the OEM can be disastrous.

Note: My line of questioning, is not meant to insult or hurt anyone's sentiments, it is just my opinion that all the H/w bought from the west, can be compromised when it comes to the Zionists.
Egypt has its own IFF

Technical support can be two ways too.. there are pro-Arabs who work in major weapons companies..

BTW ..in the midst of these Savage attacks on Palestinians:

The Biden administration agrees to sell JDAM precision-guided bombs to Israel

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/...approves-sale-of-735-mln-in-weapons-to-Israel

Now let's keep on topic..The Ambassador MK III..an Egyptian design..is a superb FAC.. That is a fact..

Last edited:
Egypt has its own IFF

Technical support can be two ways too.. there are pro-Arabs who work in major weapons companies..

BTW ..in the midst of these Savage attacks on Palestinians:

The Biden administration agrees to sell JDAM precision-guided bombs to Israel

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/...approves-sale-of-735-mln-in-weapons-to-Israel

Now let's keep on topic..The Ambassador MK III..an Egyptian design..is a superb FAC.. That is a fact..
Not questioning the design, just the choice of armaments. Anyways, Congratulations, and Best of Luck.

Can you share features of Falaj II ?

Aside from what @The SC replied to you, here are some I just saw on a Twitter account of a fellow who follows Egyptian military pretty well and is very level-headed about everything. Never exaggerates or promotes false information and he made a thread on the Falaj II that Egypt is getting 20 of in this Italian deal. These were in that thread which I will link. The info he is quoting is from Naval Recognition and the thread is in Arabic but you can use the translation function if you're interested in reading what he's saying. I think there are 13 tweets in that thread.

Part of ordering so many of these is that because they are smaller, their maintenance and upkeep is less burdensome than the larger frigates which will also be in good numbers. Add the two Mistrals to all that and the submarines and it adds up really quickly. But these have some pretty neat features.

Waleed Sami 🇪🇬 on Twitter: "صفقة البحرية #المصرية #الايطالية - #Falaj2 - منذ فترة قصيرة كانت هناك اخبار محدودة عن صفقة إيطالية ضخمة للبحرية المصرية عن طريق صحيفة الـ - Sole 24 Ore – الإيطالية، وكانت من ضمن الصفقة هي امتلاك عدد 20 من زوارق الدوريات الشاطئية الشبحية من طراز - Falaj 2 - الايطالية. 1/13 https://t.co/l4LC4Jag7C" / Twitter

1622317940020.png

1622317955094.png

1622317972156.png

1622318017871.png

Initially exocets created havoc, then the brits arm twisted the french to give them the IFF codes, that is when they became impotent.

This topic has been discussed on this forum, with very credible links as well.

LOL this bullshit, provide a reliable source that backs this nonsense about the IFF codes. There's no such thing for missiles, definitely not 40 years ago, and not even today. Missiles like AMRAAM can strike friendly aircraft at terminal stage.

LOL this bullshit, provide a reliable source that backs this nonsense about the IFF codes. There's no such thing for missiles, definitely not 40 years ago, and not even today. Missiles like AMRAAM can strike friendly aircraft at terminal stage.

I think the whole notion that there is some magic switch or an ability to hack into the redundancy of the mainframe on these aircraft and heavy duty missiles flying at mach-6 or whatever and to turn these deadly things off like F-16s and Exocet missiles as well as even the most advanced and powerful Meteor missile is just a sexy notion to promote or use as an excuse that what a certain military has are worthless. It's a convenient excuse IMO without any basis and if anything, there is more to counter it than there is to support it.

It falls into a debatable narrative when even pilots and engineers themselves have commented extensively on how not only is it practically impossible to do because of security reasons from the manufacturers themselves, hence why any types of diagnostics and changing of parameters have to be done with "plug-in" instruments. Otherwise it would be simple for the receiving country to make such changes. Not to mention the disastrous effect it would have on future sales of these products should anything remotely close to such fairy tale intuitions come to fruition. This was told to me by a former F-15 pilot who was actually a member on this forum for a short while a few years ago. Everything he said made complete sense just like what you mentioned about the AMRAAMs at terminal stages.

The problem in Argentina and the Falklands was that they only had 5 Exocets and asked the French to replenish stock quickly and of course, the power of the UK over France was too much and they were denied. Heck the EAF has a massive store of Exocets, AM39, MM38 & MM40 as well as Harpoons they've stock-piled for a while knowing quite well that once the day comes and they run out, there might not be any more depending on the who the enemy is. Hence reaching out to other sources and getting a hold of the Krypton family of KH anti-ship missiles as well as a variety of MBDA and eventually some locally and Arab produced ones to offset the dependency,

Great ship for a FAC , Pretty good equipped

That is the understatement of the month, if not the year. :-)

This thing is packed with goodies and is ultra fast at +42 knots max speed. For a boat it's size, this thing can haul some a$$. 8-)

In fact I'd compare it to a FACM offered by CMN, the Combattante FS 56, if not - also the Baynunah class. Baynunah class (which is also a CMN design) is not as fast as a FACM is required to be (max speed 32 knots compared to +38 knots for Combattante FS 56).

Combattante FS 56 is more of a traditional design - though with a modernized mast and sensor stack.

FS56_CAM.png

I am sure most of the FACM Pakistan and Bangladesh Navies already constructed, like the smaller Azmat Class and in Bangladesh case - the much less well-armed Durjoy class would gain much by addition of water-jet propulsion and much more sophisticated sensor-suite. Which of course, requires more funding outlay, if not sophistication in manufacturing and testing.

In Bangladesh - private shipyards have completed water jet propulsion situations for export market (small displacement Large Patrol Craft so far), but this type of propulsion remains elusive to implement for most of the naval assets in both of our countries which would help immensely in FACM attack effectiveness (strategic point-of-interest launch of missiles and quick counter-attack evasion maneuvers after the fact).

Last edited:
I think the whole notion that there is some magic switch or an ability to hack into the redundancy of the mainframe on these aircraft and heavy duty missiles flying at mach-6 or whatever and to turn these deadly things off like F-16s and Exocet missiles as well as even the most advanced and powerful Meteor missile is just a sexy notion to promote or use as an excuse that what a certain military has are worthless. It's a convenient excuse IMO without any basis and if anything, there is more to counter it than there is to support it.

It falls into a debatable narrative when even pilots and engineers themselves have commented extensively on how not only is it practically impossible to do because of security reasons from the manufacturers themselves, hence why any types of diagnostics and changing of parameters have to be done with "plug-in" instruments. Otherwise it would be simple for the receiving country to make such changes. Not to mention the disastrous effect it would have on future sales of these products should anything remotely close to such fairy tale intuitions come to fruition. This was told to me by a former F-15 pilot who was actually a member on this forum for a short while a few years ago. Everything he said made complete sense just like what you mentioned about the AMRAAMs at terminal stages.

It's just so strange it doesn't even make sense to believe that such a thing is possible when Egypt was denied:
1-AMRAAMs
2-F15
3-F35
4-Last batch of F-16 blk 52 was supposed to be 24 aircraft, the US only agreed to deliver 20.
5-AIM-9X
6-JDAMs (i believe they let this one slip later?)
7-Initially was denied the SCALP sale.
8-And lastly, Israel tried, but failed to block the Type-209 submarine deal.

With all of that taken into account, of course it makes sense to assume the US, Germany and France, can press a "button" to disable everything, or, worse, the stupidest thing i have ever heard, that these countries provide Israel with equipment or information to help "jam" or "cripple" their own weapon systems.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom