What's new

Next COAS, Pakistan Army

Well I think that it will be either Lt Gen Zubair Hayat or Lt Gen Ishfaq Nadeem as next chief.

Wish well for the next Head of military , in case Raheel Sharif is going to move to different role or retirement

He is from the infantry’s Baloch Regiment, which has given three officers to the post of army chief — Gen Yahya Khan, Gen Aslam Beg and Gen Kayani.

and all of these 3 were idiots lets hope this one doesn't repeat the history
Gen Kiyani was one of the best Army Chiefs we ever had. He is the one who trained our forces and prepared them to fight Gorilla warfare. He brought the morale back which was at its lowest during Musharraf time. Under General Kiyani Pakistan cleared most of the areas from TTP. From SWAT to Bannu to South Wazristan all were cleared under his command and Karachi operation was started under his command and than General Raheel came. So know things before talking

Hayat is out of the picture due to his ISI background, Nawaz already rejected him behind closed doors. Bajwa is the safest bet right now which leaves Raheel & Nawaz mutually satisfied.
When was Hayat in ISI ?

Well I think that it will be either Lt Gen Zubair Hayat or Lt Gen Ishfaq Nadeem as next chief.
I heard Ishfaq Nadeem is controversial some say his name has also come in DHA issues

When was Hayat in ISI ?

Interestingly, Zubair Hayat may possess a degree of clout in the Pakistan military owing to his military lineage and familial connections. Zubair Hayat’s father Mohammad Hayat retired as a Lt General. Two of his brothers hold important positions in the Pakistan Army. One of his brothers, Maj Gen Ahmad Mahmood Hayat (Armoured Corps) was designated as theDG of ISI’s Analysis Wing in September 2013. Another brother, Maj Gen Omar Mahmood Hayat (Ordnance Corps) is serving as DG Procurement (Army), Rawalpindi.

His family & brother irks Nawaz. I don't blame him though, family had specific plans for Nawaz.

Interestingly, Zubair Hayat may possess a degree of clout in the Pakistan military owing to his military lineage and familial connections. Zubair Hayat’s father Mohammad Hayat retired as a Lt General. Two of his brothers hold important positions in the Pakistan Army. One of his brothers, Maj Gen Ahmad Mahmood Hayat (Armoured Corps) was designated as theDG of ISI’s Analysis Wing in September 2013. Another brother, Maj Gen Omar Mahmood Hayat (Ordnance Corps) is serving as DG Procurement (Army), Rawalpindi.

His family & brother irks Nawaz. I don't blame him though, family had specific plans for Nawaz.
Sorry but reports suggest that Nawaz is actually interested in making Lt Gen Zubair as next COAS. He actually wants to go for the senior most this time. Lt Gen QJ Bajwa name is being pushed forward by General Raheel.

Sorry but reports suggest that Nawaz is actually interested in making Lt Gen Zubair as next COAS. He actually wants to go for the senior most this time. Lt Gen QJ Bajwa name is being pushed forward by General Raheel.

According to my intel, Nawaz and COAS have both agreed upon Bajwa primarily because of Hayat's family background. Nawaz was never in a position to reject ANY suggestion from the COAS as rejecting his suggestion would lead to another crisis. They've agreed upon Bajwa, mutually. A win-win situation was drafted in this case, however, let's see what the future brings as it could all be an illusion.

I hope he or whoever is our next COAS is ruthless and take steps to get rid of our country of corruotion...

Corruption and not india or israel or whoever w pakistanis blame is the root cause of all evil!

Few days ago, i think Asadkharal on twitter said tht Gen Raheel wants either Gen Hayat or Gen Ishfaq as COAS but Nawaz wants Gen Qamar Bajwa because he was one of those, who was strictly against taking any unconstitutional step in dharnas in 2014. So due to only his stance in dharnas, Nawaz wants Gen Qamar Bajwa..... I think this article in dunya news saying gen qamar bajwa is nominated by Gen Raheel is especially implanted by PML N sources... If we read this article also , it gives the impression, tht this article is not authentic because author is spo comfused..he says tht govt says tht COAS can be chosen from either Navy or Airforce too..which is just impossible... I think author meant Chairman Joint chiefs of staff post but he is sooo confused tht he said tht govt thinks COAS can be from other two forces too... So this article cant be relied upon and i think this is especially implanted by PML N.. PML N itself wants Gen Qamar Bajwa but is now giving the impression in media tht he is Gen Raheel's choice

Last edited:
Lt. Gen Zubair Hayat would be too much powerful. How stack holders and specially NS could want him to be on top seat ?

I heard Ishfaq Nadeem is controversial some say his name has also come in DHA issues

Where did u hear this? Read tht Gen Ishfaq is very close to Gen Raheel and his right hand man..man behind Gen Raheel's major moves.....

Few days ago, i think Asadkharal on twitter said tht Gen Raheel wants either Gen Hayat or Gen Ishfaq as COAS but Nawaz wants Gen Qamar Bajwa because he was one of those, who was strictly against taking any unconstitutional step in dharnas in 2014. So due to only his stance in dharnas, Nawaz wants Gen Qamar Bajwa..... I think this article in dunya news saying gen qamar bajwa is nominated by Gen Raheel is especially implanted by PML N sources... Of we read this article also , it gives the impression, tht this article is not authentic because author is spo comfused..he says tht govt says tht COAS can be chosen from eith Navy or Airforce too..which is just impossible... I think author meant Chairman Joint chiefs of staff post but he is sooo confused tht he said tht govt thinks COAs can be from other two forces too... So this article cant be relied upon and i think this is especially implanted by PML N.. PML N itself wants Gen Qamar Bajwa but is now giving the impression in media tht he is Gen Raheel's choice
I agree with this analysis because it makes logical sense.

Back
Top Bottom