What's new

New Zealand vs England - Cricket World Cup 2019 Final

What the, the English old lady, is she crying with happiness or laughing with happiness?

Can't hold her emotions. Atleast at her age she saw England winning a worldcup for the first time. Seems like this lifting the cup meant alot to English and England residents.

I am SOOOO HAPPY that England FINALLY WON something in my lifetime !!!!!

Speed doesn't count for crap. Pakistan's own best bowlers were Wasim, Waqar and Imran and they were known for their swing not for speed. Shoaib was the one known for speed and he didnt even come close to these guys.

The best bowler in the world right now, Bumrah is also not known for his speed. Gleen Mcgrath, arguable the best bowler in the world of his time was also not known for speed.

Shaun Tate and Dale Steyn were also damn fast. They didn't achieve mcuh

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl:
I see I thought you had a better understanding of the topic. My mistake.

Take a glance at this, written by a very knowledgeable Indian btw.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/603756.html

Here's an interesting snippet from it:

"It is so with Steyn too. Possessed of an action that doesn't place too much strain on him and is easily reproduced, he allows himself to get into an excellent rhythm. And when the ball snakes away from the right-hander at pace, cricket is a game to be enjoyed by everyone but the man at the other end.

And he wants to bowl fast. They are a bit like fighter pilots, these fast bowlers, looking down at anything that dilutes the thrill. (When asked if he would fly commercial aircraft for several times his salary, my cousin who flew MIGs sneered and said, "Anyone can fly that, even the plane itself.") These guys will sneer too if you ask them to run up and bowl medium pace at three-quarter lengths. It is a more comfortable life, like flying a jetliner, but it isn't them.

Many years ago, when Waqar Younis was still a tearaway and one of the great sights in the game, he went to play in England, where the importance of a steady line and length was being impressed on him. "Naw" he said (and he was still shaking his head sideways in the interview, looking back), "I don't do that. I am a fast bowler." Steyn, for all his accuracy, is a fast bowler. It is Philander who does that other job (and mighty well too for South Africa)."

Kind of interesting he talks about fighter pilots and MIGs just a happy coincidence. :azn:

It’s immigration bro, many nations have it.

Congratulations.

Best final ever , what a game .

Great World Cup , proud of my team Pakistan who beat both finalists convincingly.
:agree: and did us proud . :pakistan: Only to lose out to the losers to the east who lost there bottle and shit there chuddies of having to meet a resurgent Pakistan in the semi final/final .

Dhoni the coward came into the World Cup wearing army insignia on he’s gloves but left wearing bangles like a byatch ....
:cheesy:

Well done England on the win

India boooooooooo :tdown:

I am SOOOO HAPPY that England FINALLY WON something in my lifetime !!!!!

Arise Sir Adil Rasheed MBE , OBE

Arise Sir Moeen Ali MBE, OBE
:rofl:

Indians :partay: having nightmares :toast_sign:

The quality of bowling and fielding today was on a different level

Even when it is 100% clear they lost because of that 6 given on deflection from batsmen yet they were no complaining and that sums up their playing spirit

100% deserved champion never causing controversy , setting example for fielding and team work ......always giving it 100%
I was surpriser too..I thought. Kane and NZ players would become furious...but they know the rule and accepted it silently...true gentlemen

It comes to the point where dividing becomes arbitrary. Why can't it be the team who bowls most number of dot balls? Is bowling not part of the game? The team where the bowlers get more outs by bowled > lbw > catch > run out? If anything it would be better to go by the performance of the team throughout the WC instead it is WORLD cup after all. But it is job of ICC to try to come up with a better solution than "number of boundaries".
Whatever you have as the final winning factor ,people will always have complaints...Eng played better cricket throughout the tournament....NZs luck has run out in the finals..lets accept the result and move on

Definitely the best tweet of this WC: NZ surgical strike on India :enjoy:

To be honest therr were still 23 runs needed with some 10 balls to spare when dhoni got out..people are assuming dhoni would have scored 15 to 18 runs in the last over in the fifth bowler neeshams over...but what people are forgetting is neesham is no bunny with the ball...he gave away only 4 runs in 44 th over( 9th over for him) he bowled...even yesterday he would have won match for them in the over he bowled archer...he gave away very few runs in that over till stokes hit him for a six...a six which he should have been out if boult had been a bit more aware..and that would have sealed the match ..so indians or anyone thinking dhoni could have hit neesham out of the park and win india the match are only fooling themselves

What a game of cricket and what a heart break!
That four off Stokes bat while diving to complete the run, that catch on the boundary that ended up as a six, these things will haunt New Zealand. To me it was an unfair end to perhaps THE BEST CRICKET MATCH OF ALL TIME (right up there with the South Africa run chase against Australia)

England are the new Champions and perhaps they deserved it more than New Zealand based on the performance of last four years but as far as this match goes, it was a tie for me.

I wish our boys could learn from this gentleman as how to carry themselves as player once someone is on the pinnacle.
By this gentleman, did you mean the greatest cricketer of all time : Ben Stokes, or Sachin Tendulkar? lol

Epic final tied, Super Over tied, England win World Cup on boundary count

What the playing conditions say
  • - In the event of a Super Over tie, the team that hit more boundaries (combined from the main match and the Super Over) shall be the winner

• - If the number of boundaries hit by both teams is equal, the team whose batsmen scored more boundaries during its innings in the main match (ignoring the Super Over) shall be the winner

• - If still equal, a count-back from the final ball of the Super Over will be conducted. The team with the higher scoring delivery shall be the winner. If a team loses two wickets during its over, then any unbowled deliveries will be counted as dot balls
Tie Final but rules made England lift the cup..

NZ didnot loose match and England didnot win match, rules made England lift the cup....Super Over is not counted in ODI 50 over stats.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...-new-zealand-final-icc-cricket-world-cup-2019

16056922-7247723-image-a-10_1563171712425.jpg

Back
Top Bottom