What's new

New Version of JF-17 (JF-18)

forget about jf-18 because jf-17 itself is a 3rd to 4th generation aircraft.jf-17 only serve paf as a fill in gap and experience for our local industry.as rumored of a Chinese version of stealth aircraft appearing, paf should go for it.

JF-17 is definately a fourth generation aircraft with huge potential. Just wait a few years till selection and integration of western avionics and systems is completed.

We'll go for the stealth option when it becomes available in next 12-15 years.

JF-17 is definately a fourth generation aircraft with huge potential. Just wait a few years till selection and integration of western avionics and systems is completed.

We'll go for the stealth option when it becomes available in next 12-15 years.

I couldnt agree with you any more, right now paf should modernise its self but with pakistani budget, we are not a rich nation and jf17 is a decent palne that will give the local engineers, technicians vital experience in the technology used in jf17 and how it can be improved.

Once experience starts to develop then so will the abilities and quality of pakistani engineers and will enhance their expertise to better the existing technology.

Jf17 is perfect for another 8/9 years for pakistan as it fulfils its role in the geographical area that surrounds it. As long as we can maintain a good and capable defensive and offensive ability against india, pakistan has no other hostile nations in close approxmity.

An upgraded version of a fighter is being conceived that has not even entered full production stage. I think it is bit naive to think about improved JF-17. As far as I can see it is going through evolution stage and full rate production model shall be the final plane PAF shall operate.
JF-17 shall be the mainstay for some time to come with occasional modifications carried out from time to time.

Jf17 is from the closet. Its airframe is already an outdated one and even then it has yet to undergo production.

Beats me as to how can you make this into a 4/5th gen fighter. <IMHO: Its not even a full 4th gen fighter>

Jf17 is from the closet. Its airframe is already an outdated one and even then it has yet to undergo production.

Beats me as to how can you make this into a 4/5th gen fighter. <IMHO: Its not even a full 4th gen fighter>
You still here.

i told you you are not welcomed.

Regards
Wilco

KTX1980!
despite requests, you have not introduced your self. You have come out with tall statements which you have not substantiated with any comments worth discussing.For instance what makes you think that JF17 frame is outdated. How can you say it is not even a 4th generation fighter. It is fine to have an opinion contrary to the norm. What makes things interesting is when you support your statement with reason which can be debated. This way you learn and we learn and everybody gains out of a conversation.Do you want to review the above statement and provide proof/reasoning to support your argument?
Regards
Araz

Salam to all,

First of all my suggestion is, after taking Jf-17 into production line, Pakistan and china have to start working on new project , which is abslutly new.

because New projects will take 10-15 years to mature, which may help us in after 15 years, that we have new Plane in our hands, and on that time the age of Current Jf=17 will be 15 years.

Danish

Salam to all,

First of all my suggestion is, after taking Jf-17 into production line, Pakistan and china have to start working on new project , which is abslutly new.

because New projects will take 10-15 years to mature, which may help us in after 15 years, that we have new Plane in our hands, and on that time the age of Current Jf=17 will be 15 years.

Danish

Danish
There is a lot going on behind the scene. Pakistan is involved in j10 project(as per PAkdef bigwigs) and there is cooperation going on in AEWAC field. The problem is one of secrecy and we have to wait and see what other projects come out in due course.
Araz

here is a comparitive analysis of JF-17 versus LCA and judge ur self and positives and negatives of both aircrafts ur self .

SPECIFICATION (JF-17 Thunder)

Type: Multirole Fighter
Plan induction 150 confirmed (250 likely)
Production status: 4 delevered to PAF
Empty weight: 6,320kg
Fuel capacity: 2,300kg (5175 lb)
Max take-off: 12,700kg
Max. speed: Mach 1.8, at high altitude
Combat range: 1355 km
ferry range: 3000 km
Service ceiling: 16,700 m,
G-limit: +8.5
Thrust/Wt Ratio 0.96
Wing loading: 270 kg/m&#178;
Engine: 1&#215; RD-93 turbofan, Russian
1 x WS-13, Chinese (future option)

Thrust: RD-93: 49.4kN dry/81.4kN
WS-13: 56.75kN dry/ 86.37kN

Max. Pay load: 3800 kg
Storage points: 7 hard points,
Cannon: 23mm double barrel canon
BVR-AAM: Chinese: SD-10, (range 70 km)
Non- chinese:
R-Darter, AIM-120C, AIM-7F

Weapons: WVR-AAM: Chinese: PL-8, PL-9
Non-Chinese: AIM-9P, A-darter,
AIM-9L/M Sidewinder,

Air to surface munitions:
Pakistani: H-2 glide bomb (60 km)
- H-4 powered glide bomb (120 km)
- Ra'ad cruise mssile (350 km)
- HAFR-2 Anti-Runway bomb

- Anti radiation missiles
- Laser guided weapons
- Programmable delays cluster bombs
- Runway penetration bombs
- General purpose bombs
- Training bombs

Anti-ship missile:
Non chinese: AM-39 Exocet, harpoon
Chinese: C-101, FL-7

Unit cost 15 million $US
Fatigue life 25 yrs, 4000 fly. Hrs.

SPECIFICATIONS (LCA Tejas):

Type: Multirole fighter
Plan induction 220 IAF & 40 indian navy
Production status: in development phase
Empty weight: 5,500 kg
Fuel capacity:
Max take-off:
Max. speed: Mach 1.8, at high altitude
Combat range: 850 km
ferry range: 2000 km
Service ceiling: 15200m
G-limit: +9, till now only 5G achieved
Thrust/Wt Ratio: 1.07
Wing loading: 221.4 kg/m&#178;
Engine: 1&#215; GE F404 turbofan or
1&#215; GTX-35VS Kaveri turbofan

Thrust: GE F404: dry/83.2kN
Kaveri: 52.0kN dry/81.0kN

Max. Pay load: 4000kg
Storage points: 8 hard points
Cannon: 23mm double barrel canon

BVR-AAM: not known
Weapons: WVR-AAM:
R-77, R-73

Air to surface munitions:
- anti-ship missiles
- laser-guided bombs
- unguided bombs
- cluster bombs
- cluster bombs
- Training bombs

Unit cost: 21-24 million $US
Fatigue life: not known

definitely jf-17 has the edge over Lca, but if there is a new jf-17 ever it should in air superiority role with improved avionics and weapons to counter su-30 mk 1.

Very Immature statement, Just tells how much you know about Aviation.

can any one provide the details spec and analysis of the avionics and radar packages of JF-17 versus, LCA.

Earlier it was reported on {india-defence.com} that

"Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. (IAI) will provide a radar system (Elta radars ) for LCA, India's electronics industry has been unable to build a radar system for LCA, recently IAI head visited India & reached an agreement with local authorities to develop the system."

Back
Top Bottom