What's new

New Version of JF-17 (JF-18)

kashifpso

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am Thinking about that Pakistan Air Force should redesign JF-17 having following features:

Increase in Body Length.
Twin Engines with Thrust Vectoring that will provide greater agility.
Bubble Canopy like F-16.
French Avionics and Weapons.
Bigger Radar.
The comparable aircrafts should be Mig-35, F-16, Eurofighter and Gripen.

Kindly post your comments.

You are talking about an all new aircraft which at this moment seems unrealistic to even think off. In my opinion, JF-17 will be the one and only option PAF will persue for atleast 15 years and will continue to futher develope the JF-17 itself.

Brother kashif.
Thunder is in its infancy as yet. Mass production has not yet begun.If you look through the previous threads, there are changes to be made during its batch developments. These have been highlighted by PAF officials. In aviation in general designs are developed and altered slowly over years to achieve a mature design. Altering a design just like that is not only very laborious but is also quite expensive and prone to problems. Let this product mature and then think of all the changes that you want to make in it.
Secondly, the concept of a twin engined Thunder is not a viable one as Thunder is designed as a light weight easy to maintainand operate plane. it defeats the whole logic of design to ask for a light weight BUT twin engined plane.
regards
Araz

lolz..good thinking..but first let JF17 enter in full production. Engineers are still busy in updating the data link system and defence & offense avionics.

The PAF should keep the JF-17 Thunder as it is and upgrade it with China as it suits them.

This is the only good approach.

Proposed changes do include a twin-tail, enlarged wings and changes to the nose.

I am Thinking about that Pakistan Air Force should redesign JF-17 having following features:

Increase in Body Length.
Twin Engines with Thrust Vectoring that will provide greater agility.
Bubble Canopy like F-16.
French Avionics and Weapons.
Bigger Radar.
The comparable aircrafts should be Mig-35, F-16, Eurofighter and Gripen.

Kindly post your comments.

If we needed all the above features why put them in JF-17, why not just buy the above mentioned fighters.

Mark, is that a credible source?

Did Pshamim confirm the images?
pshamim mentioned it;

JF-17 design willndergo quite a change which will increase its range, rcs, and TWR considerably.

Proposed changes may be in the Nose design, a new DSI design, not as tall as the current design, larger wings to carry more fuel, a twin tale and an engine with a greater TWR.

Whether it will have the TWC, I am not too sure at this moment but that is a responsibility. Now these are the structural changes. I have described. Naturally, the on board systems may be up for change then.
....and then;
Faisal,,
Trust me the twin tail is very much a part of the design change. It will dramatically reduce the RCS and provide more maneuverability.
JF-17 related News & Views: Sep - Dec 2007 - Page 5 - PakDef Forums

i am thinking this yesterday can it is possiable that an aircraft will completely redesgin on the same old strcutre in like incress in length Weight Wings Hard Points and some cosmetic changes ... or this will be a complete new plane

Experts Please ?

i am thinking this yesterday can it is possiable that an aircraft will completely redesgin on the same old strcutre in like incress in length Weight Wings Hard Points and some cosmetic changes ... or this will be a complete new plane

Experts Please ?
Depends...IMO it is very much possible to give a Block-52+-type upgrade to the JF-17 by adding 2 more hardpoints, perhaps giving it CFTs, etc. According to pshamim, it is also possible to give JF-17 a twin-tail configuration. Cosmetic changes would depend...I think the most we can change JF-17's nose would be to make it look a lot like Gripen's nose.

the first batch of 50 JF-17 of pAF will have russian engine, with chinese radar , weapon and avionics suit.

after the first batch of 50 JF-17, PAf shold focus to improve JF-17 in following areas:

1- More power ful engine , either improved russian RD-93B or chinese WS-13 with TVc
2- equiping JF17 with an AESA radar.
3- equiping JF17 with european weapon and avionics suit.
4- addition of more composite material in the JF-17 structure.
4- reduce weight of JF-17.
5- increase the TWR of jF-17.
7- increase of maximum weapon pay load to 5000kg instaed of present 3800 kg
8- addition of air to air refuelling probes for the aircraft.(presently not available)

forget about jf-18 because jf-17 itself is a 3rd to 4th generation aircraft.jf-17 only serve paf as a fill in gap and experience for our local industry.as rumored of a Chinese version of stealth aircraft appearing, paf should go for it.

forget about jf-18 because jf-17 itself is a 3rd to 4th generation aircraft.jf-17 only serve paf as a fill in gap and experience for our local industry.as rumored of a Chinese version of stealth aircraft appearing, paf should go for it.

It is not a fill gap buddy, it is a mainstay. Just so you are clarified.

Back
Top Bottom