What's new

New MALE UCAV at PAC

i don't know to me CH4-B tail ( Saudi Arabian version ) looks exactly alike, the shape, the small cutoff on top and the small round curve in front for Sat antenna.

1609624045668.png

1609624259899.png

either that or its your, the one you guys are talking about in that case well done that is the way to go

Most of our respected PDF members believe that the look and size of unmanned platform determines its potency.

Effectiveness and lethality depends on the engine, aerodynamic performance, endurance, the weapons it may carry, ECM, EW suit, avionics, radars, sensors and uninterrupted long range and encrypted comm link with the control centers..

Please trust PAF Air staff and PAC engineers. Whatever the outcome will be, it will always be a disastrous "surprise" to our enemy.
My only hope is that it has six hardpoints.

Most people are linking this to Project AZAM. While we don't have any information regarding UCAV under project AZAM. One thing is quite certain that this one UAV is not the same.

Why I say so is simple logic of observation. Project AZAM is just like all other NG Aircraft project going around the world. If you look at all other such UCAV which are linked to future fighter jets projects they all are designed to work in coordination with the main fighter with variable degree of AI or simply remotely controlled. And as such they all are jet powered larger and fully stealthy. As they are designed for attack and support roles.

PAC is working on drones for quite a while with good success. Some are actually in service to. And such propeller driven UAVs are under continuous improvement and development. So most likely this one is out of same line of small to medium sized drones.
One of the "current" projects under Project AZM is to design and develop MALE UAV.

The type of UAV you are referring, will not be MALE but HALE plus engine will not be piston or turboshaft engine but a jet engine, the aerodynamic design will ensure supersonic speed, stealth and agility. Only then it can act as wingman for 5th gen aircraft either controlled remotely or autonomous or semi-autonomous AI.

Of course PAC will work on all projects initiated by AvRID. Research and designing will be the responsibility of AvRID, whereas development and may be testing of prototype will be PAC's responsibility.

My only hope is that it has six hardpoints.
Fire power is important. However armed UAV's mission is not only to fire missiles or drop bombs but to act as rec and surveillance platform for sufficient time, at optimum speed and long distance from the control center. The feedback from these UAVs flying over battlefield can be used to accurately guide the artillery shells and smart weapons on the targets.

One of the "current" projects under Project AZM is to design and develop MALE UAV.

The type of UAV you are referring, will not be MALE but HALE plus engine will not be piston or turboshaft engine but a jet engine, the aerodynamic design will ensure supersonic speed, stealth and agility. Only then it can act as wingman for 5th gen aircraft either controlled remotely or autonomous or semi-autonomous AI.

Of course PAC will work on all projects initiated by AvRID. Research and designing will be the responsibility of AvRID, whereas development and may be testing of prototype will be PAC's responsibility.
The question is if its part of project AZAM than it should be HALE UAV. Remember that project AZAM is a PAF specific project. While a MALE UAV may be beneficial for PAC such a product will be most likely be more useful for other servicees I.e. Army and Navy.

HALE UAV is real deal for PAF and will give PAF the desired capabilities rather than this current under discussion UAV.

Why no country put attack helicopter canons on drones or normal aircraft canon. Would make killer CAS platform??

Can any knowledgeable member explain?

We don't need extremely high tech high flying drones but v need 100s of lower tech ones in swarms

The question is if its part of project AZAM than it should be HALE UAV. Remember that project AZAM is a PAF specific project. While a MALE UAV may be beneficial for PAC such a product will be most likely be more useful for other servicees I.e. Army and Navy.

HALE UAV is real deal for PAF and will give PAF the desired capabilities rather than this current under discussion UAV.
Every weapon system or platform has its specific use, the elite commanders use these weapon systems or platforms wisely to attain the required outcome.

Requirement of indigenous MALE UCAV with long endurance and high range is necessary

1. to continuous surveillance and protection of CPEC.
2. to undertake COIN missions
3. CAS during armed conflict.
4. SEAD missions
5. to provide live battlefield situation awareness.
We don't need extremely high tech high flying drones but v need 100s of lower tech ones in swarms
Swarm drones are basically loitering munition to neutralize enemy air defense systems and well protected high value targets.

The application of correct strategy to use a particular type of weapon system in a given battlefield scenario to achieve the required outcome is the quality of a good commander.

Russians used these swarm drones in Syria to attain the desired results.

Not negating the effectiveness or requirements of a MALE UAV. At the moment it is probably the most sought after system in a country like Pakistan. With COIN operations Protection of CPEC etc.

But my point is clubbing it with project AZAM. I believe that PAF should like other nations look at a more capable system which can fulfil its future requirements. Project AZAM is our future what we require in future not what we need at present.

Not negating the effectiveness or requirements of a MALE UAV. At the moment it is probably the most sought after system in a country like Pakistan. With COIN operations Protection of CPEC etc.

But my point is clubbing it with project AZAM. I believe that PAF should like other nations look at a more capable system which can fulfil its future requirements. Project AZAM is our future what we require in future not what we need at present.
Whole point of Azm is to develop our own aviation industry. Because we are at a point that we need newer tech which barely anyone would give it to us within our budget or without some arm twisting.

Making some money as a result from those systems is an added bonus.

In the lighter tone, you are skipping one complete gen of air platforms ie 5th gen fighter aircraft.

Semi-autonomous or fully autonomous stealth Wingman concept is 6th gen fighters.

Let AvRID do their job and research, design and develop successful 5th gen aircraft, then start expecting or wishing 6th gen techs.

Application of 6th gen jet aircraft is completely a different battlefield scenario where semi-autonomous and fully autonomous AI will be implemented. It will be beginning of new generation of warfare where computers' AI will be deciding the fate of humanity. Commencement of "terminator `X`" !!!!

In the lighter tone, you are skipping one complete gen of air platforms ie 5th gen fighter aircraft.

Semi-autonomous or fully autonomous stealth Wingman concept is 6th gen fighters.

Let AvRID do their job and research, design and develop successful 5th gen aircraft, then start expecting or wishing 6th gen techs.

Application of 6th gen jet aircraft is completely a different battlefield scenario where semi-autonomous and fully autonomous AI will be implemented. It will be beginning of new generation of warfare where computers' AI will be deciding the fate of humanity. Commencement of "terminator `X`" !!!!
Bhai US is just starting to implement AI, I read a report a couple weeks back that the US for the first time tested an AI system that when enabled took over some of the flying responsibilities allowing the pilot to focus on other tasks. I'm sure even this came about after years if not a decade or more of development and advancement and with the US having the best talent pool in the world with thousands of graduates from MIT, Stanford, Harvard etc.

You think Pakistan with her copy paste software engineers can just develop sophisticated AI technology that can pilot actual planes? There is one thing being optimistic but this is like living in fool's paradise.

I'd be very happy if Pakistan can indigenously develop, prototype/test and build a full airframe for a MALE UAV or 5th Gen fighter with the rest of the subsystems coming from partners such as China/Turkey.

Why no country put attack helicopter canons on drones or normal aircraft canon. Would make killer CAS platform??

Can any knowledgeable member explain?
Iran has one with 50 cal sniper rifle on it , the big problem with that is the gun recoil , drones can't handle that powerful recoil

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom