What's new

New MALE UCAV at PAC

Dont listen to these snake American Pakistanis. R&D for propulsion is not any countries can do it. Chinese has prove to be very reliable weapon supplier for Pakistan. Let me ask, when has Chinese ever sanction Pakistan becos they dont like your government or whatever foreign policy they choose unlike the American.

You need a huge domestic market to justify domestic R&D fund and later production to sustain the cost.
Look at Japan Apache domestic route and end up what happened.

There is reason why Pakistan now goes for Chinese submarine, Type054B frigate, VT-4 tank. Even the JF-17 , China can guranteee the supply of engine from Russia unlike Turkey who always at mercy of American. They r not capable of sustain or make major propulsion system. Better stick with Chinese.

The disaster of T-129K will not repeat again.
I dont mean to say that China is unreliable.
I dont feel safe Pakistan putting literally all its eggs in Chinese lap.
It is a basic technology which we can make at home.

I dont mean to say that China is unreliable.
What I dont feel safe Pakistan putting literally all its eggs in Chinese lap.
It is a basic technology which we can make at home.
There is not much choice than Chinese. Look how PA try diversify by order T129K but its nothing but disaster becos the partner is not that capable after all.

If its so easy to R&D propulsion system, every country will be doing it now. Why wait?

There is not much choice than Chinese. Look how PA try diversify by order T129K but its nothing but disaster becos the partner is not that capable after all.
Yeah T129 is in trouble. But it may be a blessing in disguise as we might go with the heavier ATAK that could help us take on Indian Apaches. Turks have got some great weapons, technology and subsystem programmes under development. You can't deny that.

I think these sanctions wont be lasting for one and secondly it will make Turkey aware it has to truely develop its own. Otherwise it will always be dependant upon others. And it is time Pakistan absorbed the same mindset because today China is our Iron Brother what if tomorrow it decides to be our Iron enemy?
We Pakistanis have certainly seen this happen before with America and Gulf Habibis. We trusted them blindly. That is the only reason this "American" Pakistani(try asking Americans how American I seem to them in a private gathering with your white privilege) is worried.

Blessing in disguise? I dont think u have crystal ball to see 5 years later down the road that Turkey has developed their independent domestic turboshaft successfully. From a more practical side, you shall go for something proven and already materialized.

Talking about betrayal. Maybe 10 years down the road. Turkey will turn the table and stab Pakistan too, right?

^^^^
What aboutism epitomised.

As of now no specification is available therefore It is difficult to speculate but on the basis of previously available information we can ESTIMATE/SPECULATE the following

- It will supposedly carry 4 smart air to ground missiles like Burq missile as shown in poster during previous Dubai Air Show

- Current pic does not show the nose and head section of this drone therefore it is difficult to say that it has or not the satellite link capability, therefore IF the current prototype OR the whatever version it is most probably it might have DATA link capability of limited range up to 200-250 KM from Ground control Station

- Length of its fuselage should be in between 8-9 meters as it appear lengthier then Mushak Trainer and previously wing span was estimated by @JamD around 15-16 meters [I don't remember the exact figure currently, I hope JamD will post his estimate here again]

- As in the pic fuselage of this UAV appear short in height then the Fuselage of Mushak trainer but the Slanted tails are clearly higher then the Mushak Trainer therefore its total height [from ground to the tip of Slanted tail] should be approximately +3.5 meters

- With these estimated dimensions it engine should be 150-200 HP which should give it capability to lift around 250-300 KG of payload including EO Targeting turret

So all in it will be something in b/w CH-4A and CH-4B drones from Chinese side as later is capable of carrying 6 air to ground missiles
It would be a great tragedy if the only result of this Azm MALE UCAV project is a system in the league of the CH-4. But, since PAC is PAC, we must keep an open mind and expect this to happen.

It would be a great tragedy if the only result of this Azm MALE UCAV project is a system in the league of the CH-4. But, since PAC is PAC, we must keep an open mind and expect this to happen.

What turks have proved in Armenia is that cheap easy to manufacture mid tech drones are far better than multi billion dollar systems when used in groups like a swarm

Dear brother. From this picture how we can decide that its wing loong 2?
EqocwrEWMAA37VP

The tail doesn't match Wing Long 2, CH4 or CH-5. It looks like a indigenous development.

We should not make the mistake of getting the engine from goras or Chinese. We should make our own engine. It is a basic piston or turbo prop engine with nominal speed not a mach 2.0 turbine engine. The only tricky part could be how to extract maximum loitering time from engine and the airframe design. But I'm sure AvDI and PAC have better nerds than me in employment.

Turkey bought Rotax engines from Canada. Now they are refusing to supply Turkey with those engines. This basic thing we should make on our own.

Interesting to note how West is doing everything in its power to try and cripple Turkish defence industry. I hope this only motivates Turks to innovate even further. We should also follow same footsteps. Its better to sip bitterly the painful process of R&D and JVs. Than to shell out billions after every 4 or 5 years to the goras or chinese.
dude chinese are reliable!
Friends lets agree to disagree here. Stay on topic guys.

I agree. It took so long for this drone to surface and in the end turns to be couple generations behind the latest drones made by Turkey and China. Both these countries could have offered assistance to Pakistan to develop a drone that’s up to the latest standards.

The time taken and the hype generated around this drone made it sound like some wingman drone was being made. Turned out to be a dud.

dude chinese are reliable!
Friends lets agree to disagree here. Stay on topic guys.
Even if they are. We can surely make a small drone engine in hous, right?
That is my main idea. I don't know why the Chinese bot jumped in with such vitriol. It was totally unwarranted.
I agree. It took so long for this drone to surface and in the end turns to be couple generations behind the latest drones made by Turkey and China. Both these countries could have offered assistance to Pakistan to develop a drone that’s up to the latest standards.

The time taken and the hype generated around this drone made it sound like some wingman drone was being made. Turned out to be a dud.
I for one did not expect anything like that. I expected something in the neighborhood of Anka, CH series. Which it has turned out to be. They'll build better ones I'm sure, they will have to.

I am not going to comment on the UAV, its name, its origin, because no source is provided. Speculation game is on. I can predict though, this thread would go rapidly in to dozens of pages of responses.

On the lighter note, I can say this much though, PAF/PAC should stop playing these games with IAF/IA. Kia bacho ki jaan logo!!
Only few days ago Bhadauria became Padhauria, he may go to the way of Bipin soon.
Increase laundry bills in IAF are predicted.

Tamam logo say guzarish hai kay apni science na lagaain . The drone shown is PAC's UCAV , its not scaled down , it can fly. It comes in the Anka-UAV class in terms of its size , While PAC is working on another UAV project as well , which is much bigger.

lekin nahi , kohi bud-damag abhi phir say post karay ga . this is ANka , ya this is wingloong etc etc ,

As far as the topic of large UAVs is concerned, witnesses from the kpk areas already have some stories to tell.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom