What's new

New Islamabad Airport Progress

Why does it have to compete against IGI anyways?

It is their airport, built by their money to meet their needs.

Why would you even come up with that question?

He just asked a simple question yaar,

answer is: Delhi has more population so it requires bigger airport
Islamabad is lowly populated thus requires smaller airport.

Islamabad has an expansion plan after its operational. So we are working to handle future traffic too. Islamabad's second advantage is Lahore International Airport is not far away, so the traffic can always be diverted/divided.

There are some domestic airports near Islamabad so it can also reduce some load from the domestic flights and if current Islamabad Airport is used for domestic flights and New Islamabad Airport for International, we can always handle the passenger traffic in this airport. These are only few reasons why we do not need to compete with Delhi airport.

Back to topic please

There are very few pictures - that too severely outdated - because the airport is some distance away from the city.

BBIA2.jpg

BBIA3.jpg

BBIA4.jpg

BBIA5.jpg

BBIA7.jpg

BBIA13.jpg

BBIA12.jpg

^ These are at least a year or two old from what I understand. Some of the infrastructure has already been built since.

^ These are at least a year or two old from what I understand. Some of the infrastructure has already been built since.

somebody posted it yesterday on skycityscrapper
it is possible that the work was slowed down or the pictures are old.

Some of my friends working on B.B airports in consulting and contracting companies . According to them , still earthwork in progress , no concrete and building work yet started.

Hey,Don't take it as offensive,but is this new Airport,good enough to compete against IGI,Delhi?
Its regarded as the worlds 3rd best after Beijing and New York.
:kiss3:

u don't need to derail the thread....

I guess it'll take some time.Will be ready by probably 2012.I think things will speed up due to the recent Airbus crash.

☪☪☪☪;954529 said:
Abdus Salam Intl Airport is good choice too but unfortunately the JI/Right Wing Thugs and their goons will be on street burning cars etc and will say it's American/Zionist conspiracy to remove Islam from Pakistan because Abdus Salam was Ahmadi.

Dr. Abdus Salam is a good nuclear scientist. This airport is in capital of Pakistan and should be named to represent whole of Pakistan. Dr. Abdus Salam is a member of a small blasphemous Qadiani cult. The "Thugs and their goons" as you put it have more valid point than members of Qadiani cult.

I guess it'll take some time.Will be ready by probably 2012.I think things will speed up due to the recent Airbus crash.

It need to be as i read in news that present airport in Islamabad is not suitable for flights as it is very difficult to operate from there.

It need to be as i read in news that present airport in Islamabad is not suitable for flights as it is very difficult to operate from there.
I don't know where you read this from. Present airport seems to be OK,

they are building new airport to fullfill future demands.

Back
Top Bottom