What's new

New Islamabad Airport Progress

More loss for the national asset and accordingly more burden on the common man.

Not at all. Without modern airports and planes, a modern economy can not function. We can not go back 11 centuries in order to help the common men. We have to go forward. That is the only way.

Not at all. Without modern airports and planes, a modern economy can not function. We can not go back 11 centuries in order to help the common men. We have to go forward. That is the only way.

Areyou even being realistic proposing that PIA buys A380 and the dream liner, not gonna happen in the next 5 years.

BTW< the small PIA aircraft would most probably be a ATR-32 or A310/B737.

Areyou even being realistic proposing that PIA buys A380 and the dream liner, not gonna happen in the next 5 years.

BTW< the small PIA aircraft would most probably be a ATR-32 or A310/B737.

I did not say buy them tomorrow. But that should be the long term plan. Once we start up our mining industry and earn large amount of foreign currency, we must improve our infrastructure including the aviation. ATR is a small turbo prop which is good for small city to small city transport at short distances. As for 737, I guess the 900 models are good but A 310 is too old to be considered. I said dream liner because it uses much lesser fuel than other air crafts which is important since Pakistan imports its fuel and the less the consumption the better. As for A 380 we need them for hub to hub transport for example Islamabad to London or Dubai since these routes have thousands of passengers every day and with A 380, cheaper tickets would be possible since large amount of passengers are moved by each flight.

lol on a side note, is airport ke saray paisay humaray AWACs kha gaye
Relax friend. AWACS are from the defence procurement budget. Airports are from infrastructure development funds. The twain don't meet. ;)

Cheers!

I did not say buy them tomorrow. But that should be the long term plan. Once we start up our mining industry and earn large amount of foreign currency, we must improve our infrastructure including the aviation. ATR is a small turbo prop which is good for small city to small city transport at short distances. As for 737, I guess the 900 models are good but A 310 is too old to be considered. I said dream liner because it uses much lesser fuel than other air crafts which is important since Pakistan imports its fuel and the less the consumption the better. As for A 380 we need them for hub to hub transport for example Islamabad to London or Dubai since these routes have thousands of passengers every day and with A 380, cheaper tickets would be possible since large amount of passengers are moved by each flight.

Did you know that the EU has proposed to ban PIA flights due to safety issues.

New aircraft means new simulators, new training, new maintenance infrastructure, and hence it means that the existing aircraft are maybe neglected, and the existing load is well handled by the 777's, but as I said, the EU is proposing o ban EU flights, and A380 is not needed because the major passenger load is trying to shift to other airlines.

IN 5 or 10 years, this maybe a target, and those too might be second hand aircraft, unless we have a major overhaul of the PIA infrastructure in order to increase the efficiency, and stop politicizing the PIA.

And on a side note, PIA set to add 5 planes to its fleet | The Nation

it didnt catch on fire lmao :rofl:
pia cant buy a380's, 1st: only 1 airport can handle a380 flights and that airport is new islamabad airport which is still underconstruction. 2nd: pia cant fill a380 up if it doesnt changes it services, seats and quality of services.

Did you know that the EU has proposed to ban PIA flights due to safety issues.

New aircraft means new simulators, new training, new maintenance infrastructure, and hence it means that the existing aircraft are maybe neglected, and the existing load is well handled by the 777's, but as I said, the EU is proposing o ban EU flights, and A380 is not needed because the major passenger load is trying to shift to other airlines.

IN 5 or 10 years, this maybe a target, and those too might be second hand aircraft, unless we have a major overhaul of the PIA infrastructure in order to increase the efficiency, and stop politicizing the PIA.

And on a side note, PIA set to add 5 planes to its fleet | The Nation
pia really needs 777's, its the best aircraft ever made and it is backbone of PIA, getting more 777's wont be a problem because PIA already bought simulators for it, for a320 family, maybe send pilots to airblue for experience, PIA needs 787 too but wont buy them until it gets threatened by EU again

Last edited by a moderator:
i know someone who is a first officer in PIA and recently he was abroad for a while to do simulator training, maybe he was trained to upgrade to a 777 (he is currently on airbus) or maybe some new platform?

419599_408503912497436_275289012485594_1799750_1363613722_n.jpg

417258_408504232497404_275289012485594_1799752_678810061_n.jpg

427698_408505669163927_275289012485594_1799758_705748862_n.jpg

pia cant buy a380's, 1st: only 1 airport can handle a380 flights and that airport is new islamabad airport which is still underconstruction. 2nd: pia cant fill a380 up if it doesnt changes it services, seats and quality of services.

pia really needs 777's, its the best aircraft ever made and it is backbone of PIA, getting more 777's wont be a problem because PIA already bought simulators for it, for a320 family, maybe send pilots to airblue for experience, PIA needs 787 too but wont buy them until it gets threatened by EU again

The current 777's are in shambles, although they are the youngest aircraft on the fleet.(lack of spares)

that aircraft is not a PIA aircraft, a MoD one maybe?

You did not get the message that I was conveying in my post.

what was the point in wasting money on this test landing?

what the hect ?
why is it caled benezir bhatto intl airport?
when will this personaslity cult stop and old historical things get their real appropriate names,,
its just horrible to use the corrupt leaders names to glorify this country,,
this airport has nothing to do with bhutto so it shouldn't be named bhutto,,

what was the point in wasting money on this test landing?

reminds of soviet way of doing things,,doing them cheaply and rudimentary with abundance of human lives to be tried/wasted on,,

why not start a petition suggesting against the name of airport.

Back
Top Bottom