What's new

New global lineup lists India as 3rd most powerful nation

Lets go tell our chinese brothers that they are number 2 on the list. Surely it will be a good news for them.

Good going India China.

Or anything that is stated by any government or media must be true, going by the logic you have used time and time again. I don't even know what page the stuff about Pakistan is on. Mind telling me the page?

You guys are on mentioned on page-9,14, 31,57,58,59,62 and 63 of the report.

http://www.acus.org/files/publication_pdfs/403/Global_Governance_2025.pdf

Big deal whether it's not media or government. Remember LSE report on accusations about Pakistan supporting ISI? Yeah, good example, that.
Freudian Slip anyone...

That's besides the point that it's saying nothing bad about Pakistan.
It mentions wrt weak and failing state and also mentions that billions of dollars of assistance have failed to bring about any significant improvement. If you take this as not bad - your agression towards indians in general is misplaced.

Simpletons such as you and desiman are present in quite high numbers across the border. Any report that supports your view - whether questionable (which it often times is) or not - must be true automatically. So when you say "You have made up your mind before reading or for that matter downloading the report. I guess your friend from ISI must have kept you updated.", I can turn that around to you as well. An example of that, again, is the LSE report.

Also, personally attacking me when nothing personal has been said to you is not a good idea.

Hey dude - no offense meant. I take back that quote if u feel offended. was just to make it a lil more interesting.

Big deal whether it's not media or government. Remember LSE report on accusations about Pakistan supporting ISI? Yeah, good example, that.

That's besides the point that it's saying nothing bad about Pakistan.

Simpletons such as you and desiman are present in quite high numbers across the border. Any report that supports your view - whether questionable (which it often times is) or not - must be true automatically. So when you say "You have made up your mind before reading or for that matter downloading the report. I guess your friend from ISI must have kept you updated.", I can turn that around to you as well. An example of that, again, is the LSE report.

Also, personally attacking me when nothing personal has been said to you is not a good idea.

And btw, I didn't even deny the report when I first posted. It was an argument against desiman's old old logic that anything said by a global leader or anything published must be true and anything alternative is a conspiracy theory.

Looking at the report itself, there's not much on Pakistan to begin with.

Freudian Slip anyone...

I don't see your point. You know very well about the LSE report and that it proved absolutely nothing.

It mentions wrt weak and failing state and also mentions that billions of dollars of assistance have failed to bring about any significant improvement. If you take this as not bad - your agression towards indians in general is misplaced.

1. They group us with Bangladesh and Nigeria, neither of which are failing states. And on top of that, if they're going to repeat the old '10th top failed state' mantra, then there's absolutely nothing new to talk about.

2. Poverty rate was halved when Musharraf was president. Economy grew quite a bit. Stock exchange broke records. Economy size tripled. FDI skyrocketed. And these are just off the top of my head. Foreign assistance played a role in that. So the argument is factually incorrect.

Hey dude - no offense meant. I take back that quote if u feel offended. was just to make it a lil more interesting.[/QUOTE]

Comparing a state report with London School of economics report by some researcher .

So all reports are wrong. Including my progress reports at school.:what:

I don't see your point. You know very well about the LSE report and that it proved absolutely nothing.
Well it was for pakistan supporting taliban not ISI. Get the flow now.

1. They group us with Bangladesh and Nigeria, neither of which are failing states. And on top of that, if they're going to repeat the old '10th top failed state' mantra, then there's absolutely nothing new to talk about.

2. Poverty rate was halved when Musharraf was president. Economy grew quite a bit. Stock exchange broke records. Economy size tripled. FDI skyrocketed. And these are just off the top of my head. Foreign assistance played a role in that. So the argument is factually incorrect.
It mentions WEAK and failing - and surely Pakistan with its past achievements would prefer not being listed alongside B'Desh and Nigeria.

Rest is the assessment of the report - so read in detail for further understanding.

Anyways I'm off this thread - The report does not deserve more attention. These kinds come on a weekly basis...

Comparing a state report with London School of economics report by some researcher .

I had Skeptic telling me that it was not a state report or media report. Now you're telling me something else. Point is it doesn't matter who makes the report.

And btw, when the report was published by LSE, the emphasis was on how popular and well known LSE was.

So all reports are wrong. Including my progress reports at school.:what:

Still don't get it, do you? Go and check what desiman said. His implication is that this report must be true. He has done similar things in the past - with LSE report, with wikileaks, with UK PM. i.e. what he means is that just because it is published by a big name or it is said by a big name, it must be true. And he sets up his arguments in such a way that anyone who disagrees with the report - even if on grounds which can be considered decent - sounds stupid.

In conclusion, I am not trying to say that any report or anything said by a leader must be false, I am responding to logic such as any report or anything said by a leader must be true.

In logical terms, I am not trying to say that ∀ x (x is a report or x is said by a leader=> x is false). I am arguing against the proposition that ∀ x(x is a report or x is said by a leader => x is true), by arguing that ∃ x ( (x is a report or x is said by a leader) AND x is false).

Last edited:
Well it was for pakistan supporting taliban not ISI. Get the flow now.

It WAS for ISI supporting Taliban. And when you accuse ISI or Pakistan, the difference is irrelevant since either way you're accusing the state.

It mentions WEAK and failing - and surely Pakistan with its past achievements would prefer not being listed alongside B'Desh and Nigeria.

Things are not great these days - no one can deny that. Point is that it's mentioning absolutely nothing new.

It WAS for ISI supporting Taliban. And when you support ISI or Pakistan, the difference is irrelevant since either way you're accusing the state.

Yeah but you wrote

Big deal whether it's not media or government. Remember LSE report on accusations about Pakistan supporting ISI? Y

Hence i speculated a Freudian Slip...

Why so serious...

Look you don't need to freak out about Pakistan or it's future. This goes to both Indians and Pakistanis.

Pakistan's outlook is forecast on current situation. Floods, PPP corrupt government and considering that WOT continues on.

The fact is, until 2025 how many of those three important factors change we don't know yet.

15 years is a lot of time.

Pakistan went from Allies of US to sanctions and back to Allies again.

Don't take the report for granted.

But do take the events that unfold over next few years as serious enough.

Look you don't need to freak out about Pakistan or it's future. This goes to both Indians and Pakistanis.

Pakistan's outlook is forecast on current situation. Floods, PPP corrupt government and considering that WOT continues on.

The fact is, until 2025 how many of those three important factors change we don't know yet.

15 years is a lot of time.

Pakistan went from Allies of US to sanctions and back to Allies again.

Don't take the report for granted.

But do take the events that unfold over next few years as serious enough.

Yup, I have to facepalm when I see some Indians say things such as 'we will be here in 30 years and you will be here'. I just don't reply to that kind of childish BS. I mean a lot can happen in 10, 20, 30, 40 years. We were looking good just 4 years ago but things have gone down south quite a bit since.

Lets go tell our chinese brothers that they are number 2 on the list. Surely it will be a good news for them.

Good going India China.

We're aiming higher to be honest :D Besides looking at these models is like looking into a crystal ball. You see what you want to see. By tweaking the variable and methodology you can justify any outcome. I am going remain agnostic on 15 year long scale projections, that's just too long to make meaningful predictions.

Congratulation to Indians for this achievement, credits need to be deliver when its due.:tup:
But on a side note, i don't think its nice or fair to celebrate your success base on the misery of others, do remember we all gone through hard times, be it to be China, India or any other countries.:no:
I still recalled China was close to bankruptcy decades back, do you?:undecided:

If this topic is about india then leave Pakistan out of it you people just can't seem to help your self to start up tensions and fights... if it is something good about your nation good for u but don't flatter your sleves with talking about Pakistan .

Back
Top Bottom