What's new

New Aircheif Appointed

I think he is a good officer.I think the PAF guy in this picture is Rao Qamar

This guy seems to be Zardari's man. First Naval chief now the air cheif, who is next, it looks like zardari is appointing all his men at the kep posts.

God bless Pakistan, May Allah gives us strength to get rid off shaitan like Zardari *****.

Amin to the last sentence.

But let's give the guy a chance and see...someone knows about his dedication/attitude/thoughts? I am sure his credentials would be OK thats why he made up to the place where he could even be considered.

I think Appointment was Made according to the merit and all the Top Brass of PAF stands Behind the New ACM.

Totally disagreed. If merit was the criteria, then AVM Shahid latif was the most qualified for this position. Go and ask anyone in PAF. You will get your answer.

Totally disagreed. If merit was the criteria, then AVM Shahid latif was the most qualified for this position. Go and ask anyone in PAF. You will get your answer.

I said "I think" you know what it means.

you have a right to disagree with me and i think you might not be the right person to judge this and as you have said we should ask someone who is in PAF or someone like Sir Muradk.

I said "I think" you know what it means.

you have a right to disagree with me and i think you might not be the right person to judge this and as you have said we should ask someone who is in PAF or someone like Sir Muradk.

It was not my opinion and what I said was based on what I heard from several ex PAF officers who I happened to know and came from the same batch as the current PAF high command. The general consensus was that Shahid Latif should become the Chief based on his qualifications both as a fighter pilot and strong management skills. The next choice would have been Khalid Chudhry. Rao was not even in picture. Let's see what Sir Muradk has to say?

Regards

President appoints new Air Chief

ISLAMABAD, Mar 8 (APP): President Asif Ali Zardari on Sunday appointed Air Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman as the new Chief of Air Staff. The President took the decision in consultation with Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani, President’s spokesman Farhatullah Babar told APP.

Air Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman will assume the command of Pakistan Air Force from the outgoing Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed who will retire on completion of his three‑year tenure on March 20.

Air Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman is currently serving as the Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Operations). Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed assumed the command of the PAF on 18 March, 2006 as 18th CAS. His recent significant contribution to the force was agreement between Pakistan Air Force and Chinese firm CATIC for the serial production of JF‑17 (Thunder) aircraft, under which 42 aircraft would be co‑ manufactured by China and Pakistan and would be inducted in the PAF’s fleet.

He had served as Deputy Director Operations Branch, Personal Staff Officer to two Air Chiefs, Chief Project Director of F‑16 Project, Senior Air Staff Officer at Northern Air Command, Peshawar and Director General, Air Weapons Complex, Wah.

At senior staff assignments, the Air Chief Marshal had the unique distinction of having served as Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Administration), Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Operations) and Vice Chief of the Air Staff.

The Air Chief Marshal had also served the UAE Air Force as a fighter instructor pilot. He is a graduate of Air War College, Turkey and National Defence College, Islamabad from where he did his M.Sc in Strategic Studies.

Source: http://www.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=70369&Itemid=1

At senior staff assignments, the Air Chief Marshal had the unique distinction of having served as Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Administration), Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Operations) and Vice Chief of the Air Staff.

It Looks like he has Experience in both Departments i-e Administration and Operational Capabilities.

We hope the decision was made on merit and he is the best Option PAF had got.

What the F*** is worng with this Zardari. Seriously he is a Disgrace to the whole nation of Pakistan. I have enever encountered such a saitan Bas*****.i Hope Pakistani People Rejoin and take this guy out. that dai i will pray 50 Nawafils and will give sadaqa.. Just waiting for that day. I can even garentee that his days are over. So basically doing all this wouldnt really do good.

Zardari is a guy who is pushing for his folks in all the key positions, Raza Rabbani resigned today when Farook Naik was trumped up for the Chairman Senate position instead of him.

i will pray 50 Nawafils and will give sadaqa.. Just waiting for that day.

50 Nawafils will not do the trick. You would need do at least 100. By the way I am ready to accept Sadqa but only in Dollars. lol

Participants at ceremony transferring EDA F-16's to Pakistan - Rao Qamer Suleman

Being appointed DCAS (Ops) is usually a good indication of someone going to places. I would say that people should stop reacting to the political side of the issue. Yes Zardari is the President however Gilani is making his presence felt nowadays so I would not say that this person is Zardari's man.

AM Rao Suleman was one of the officers in the running. I do not know of all the details and am wondering why AM Shahid Latif being the VCAS was not pushed into the top slot, however for whatever reasons this did not happen, it should not take anything away from another officer who has also made it to the top with some pretty good credentials to his name.

“Initially five senior officers were proposed for final selection and names of three of them have been forwarded to the president,” he added. According to official sources those initially considered for the top office of the PAF included Air Marshal Shahid Latif, serving as deputy chief of air staff; Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry, working as chairman of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra; Air Marshal Rao Qamar, working as deputy chief of staff (operations); Air Marshal Hifazatullah, serving as deputy chief of staff (personnel); and Air Marshal Yousaf Chaudhry, serving as deputy chief of air staff (support).

So AM RAo Suleman was one of the three proposed to the President of Pakistan, who after consultation with PM, decided.

Last edited:
the decision in such appointments is very minor - the new ACM seems to have a well rounded experience and we should support him - he is not zardari's man but being from multan, he got the support of the PM - he should be OK as ACM according to my sources.

My dear friend as you quote Mr Zardari As Shaitan, Pakistan is looking for another Shataan waiting in thwe queue Mr Sharif. I really pray God bless Pakistan and people in this countrywho infact vote for these culprits again & again.i guess they will do these mistakes again, because their conscience is dead.

Back
Top Bottom