What's new

New Aircheif Appointed

New PAF chief to maintain top standards

ISLAMABAD: Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman assumed the command of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) in the installation ceremony held at the Air Headquarters here, said a press release of the DPR (AIR) on Thursday.

On his arrival at the Air Headquarters, the air chief was presented with a guard of honour by a smartly-turned-out contingent of the PAF.Later, he met the principal staff officers of the PAF. He laid a wreath at the Martyrs’ Monument.

In his inaugural address to the PAF personnel, he said: “I consider it my duty to pay my profound tributes to my predecessor, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed. I would also like to place on record my honest appreciation for the role played by all other former air chiefs in honing the PAF into a hard-hitting force.”

He said: “Military institutions seek strength from a process of continuity. I would, therefore, lay special emphasis on continuation of policies. In the great traditions of this service, I would like the PAF to continue with its vision of attaining professional excellence and seeking modernisation.”

The air chief said: “My main focus would, indeed, be on ensuring the highest standards of our operational readiness. To pursue this goal, highest attention needs to be paid to operational training, dynamically proactive maintenance and an equally efficient logistics and administrative support.”

He added: “I am convinced that integrity and honesty of personnel are the fundamental prerequisites for any successful system. I firmly believe that integrity, honesty and faith in Allah keeps one contented, and also successful. I understand that it is the quality of leadership that sets the tone of professional and moral ethos in a fighting force. You are all commanders and leaders of men. Your personal example must be above board. I would, therefore, look for and advise you to work hard and build credibility.”

He emphasised the need for making the PAF a true nucleus of professional excellence and the importance of teamwork. He said: “It is my firm belief that nothing can be achieved without a positive teamwork. It is the teamwork that reflects a complete harmony in the functioning of all tiers of the organisation.”

He added: “Needless to emphasise, state-of-the-art technology is a proven force-multiplier for an air force. We are fortunate that the Government of Pakistan is fully conscious of our critical operational needs and is extending all possible support to help the PAF preserve its combat potential.” He urged that all the members of this organisation must continue to concentrate on work for the accomplishment of the mission of the PAF.

New PAF chief to maintain top standards

GEO Pakistan
Chief of Air Staff calls on CJCSC
Updated at: 2257 PST, Friday, March 20, 2009

ISLAMABAD: Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman on Friday made an inaugural call on General Tariq Majid, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) at Joint Staff Headquarters after assumption of command.
CJCSC congratulated Air Chief Marshal Rao on promotion and appointment and wished him success in his new assignment.

He expressed hope that Pakistan Air Force will continue the quest for progress and grow in stature as a credible deterrent force during his tenure of command to effectively defend the aerial frontiers of Pakistan.:azn::tup::pakistan:

have u checked out the uniform of army chief in second video??

We Pakistanis Wish the New ACM all the Best of Luck For his 3 years Tenure and we Pray to ALLAH (SWTH) that he sets some new high standards for PAF.

I just read the following:

In the process of ascension, the air chief superseded three senior air marshals: Shahid Lateef, the vice chief of air staff; Khalid Choudhry, chairman Pakistan Aeronautical Complex; and Hifazatullah Khan, deputy chief of air staff (personnel).

Can this be verified?

If this is true then it means that GoP is pushing other three to retirement.

I just read the following:

In the process of ascension, the air chief superseded three senior air marshals: Shahid Lateef, the vice chief of air staff; Khalid Choudhry, chairman Pakistan Aeronautical Complex; and Hifazatullah Khan, deputy chief of air staff (personnel).

Can this be verified?

If this is true then it means that GoP is pushing other three to retirement.

You have read correctly. It is normal proceeding for the requisite force to send a list of 3-5 candidates. the final decision rests with the president who appoints the chief. It is not unheard of to supercede 2or 3 people to the top slot. Army chiefs have in pakistani history superceded 26 to ascend to the top slot.
As to the people involved they are all top notch and although we have all had our favourites in the bargian, what is done is done and we should wish the new ACM the best and hope from Allah SWT that he takes the AF to new heights.
WaSalam
Araz

Back
Top Bottom