New achievement for PCL: Aaima Asad of Pakistan makes the nation proud

Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
11924928_622125284592262_3944673135997925872_n.jpg

Aaima Asad
The writer has recently graduated from the University of London International Programme obtaining the highest First Class degree for LLB (Hons) in the world in the year 2014-2015. She is currently teaching at Pakistan College of Law. She has a passion for academics, reading and writing and after obtaining a Masters degree she wishes to pursue a career in corporate law.

Last edited:
LL.B (Hons) Topper Aaima Asad Writes About Her Recent Success

AUGUST 26, 2015 BY Aaima Asad
uni-london-logo.jpg

The key to success is taking the first step. No one knows what the future holds. When one makes a decision the outcome may be a disaster or conversely it may turn out to be the best possible choice you could have made. The future is yet to be set in stone but passion, ambition, determination and perseverance are the few tools one must keep in their arsenal to allow them to achieve victory in the uphill battle that they will undoubtedly have to face.

When I chose to enrol in the University of London’s International Programme for LLB (Hons.) I didn’t quite know what to expect. I didn’t know if I would be good at it or if I had the stamina to read the mountain of books assigned to us, to retain all that information, be analytical and produce a good result. The future looked bleak and tensions ran high. However slowly and surely with the passage of time, support and guidance from my teachers at Pakistan College of Law I began to find that this course was not designed for students who would rote learn information and reproduce that on paper. The curriculum was designed with such ingenuity that it allowed students to think for themselves, be creative and bold and express their own unique point of view in complex legal situations. Beneath every sentence of Adam Geary’s book ‘The Politics of The Common Law’ there was astounding history and thought provoking ideas that forced you to take a step back and re-assess your own society and its legal system. The Criminal Law course invoked within you a desire to come up with new ways to better the justice system and slowly these courses didn’t remain theoretical. Sub-consciously I started viewing society and simple transactions as contracts and began appreciating the deep and hidden roots and the hold law has upon society which we seldom seem to acknowledge.

In my first year of the UOL International Programme in the subject of Constitutional Law I obtained a world distinction achieving the very high mark of 85. I was ecstatic but my teachers at Pakistan College of Law, who aim for excellence, were not. I was told I could do better and that one distinction didn’t define me. I obtained a certificate for a Diploma in Law from the University of London that year with an overall mark of Merit. I had now entered second year and the result for this year added to that of the third /final year would determine the classification for my LLB (Hons) Degree.

I have never been one of those people who shut themselves off from their friends and family and instead bury themselves in books. It was impossible for me to even fathom doing so. I decided to be responsible instead. For the next two years I went to all the classes scheduled by my college (Pakistan College of Law). I would sit and listen attentively to my teachers and try to grasp the concepts they were teaching. If I was left with any further confusion I would go through the subject guide provided by the University of London and clear those out immediately. Two months before the papers I sat down and began to memorize cases. I did not take tuitions and neither did I read a plethora of extra books. There was no need since the material provided by the University of London covered all the relevant aspects of each examinable topic.

By looking at questions as scenarios from people’s lives in the real world I felt compelled to extrapolate every possibility in order to find relief for my clients. I took a practical approach to what I was learning rather than letting it remain theoretical and therefore I did not find the course to be dull, monotonous and circular. I urge all the students who are currently doing this programme and those who are thinking of pursuing it in the future to stop themselves from panicking and trying to read advanced books on law before fully understanding the basic concepts. If you try to run before you can walk you will fall flat on your face and fail in your endeavours regardless of how much effort you put in, if the effort was not directed at the appropriate tasks.

At the end of my second year I obtained a distinction in the subject of Islamic law and achieved the highest marks in the laws of Trusts in Pakistan. Determined to achieve a first class degree I decided it was time to use the excellent databases provided to us through the University’s Online Library. By researching on certain issues in detail and reading the views of academics it is only then that one can develop a thorough and out of the box understanding of complex legal and academic issues. This approach helped me secure three distinctions out of the four subjects I had in my final year and allowed me to achieve an overall First Class degree, the aggregate of which was declared to be the highest in the world for the year of 2014-2015.

The University of London LLB (Hons) Degree is one of the best law degrees available to aspiring young law students regardless of whether they wish to pursue a career in academics or in the field as litigators or solicitors. In order to get a good result one simply has to remember to be consistent and hard-working. As Eleanor Roosevelt once said, with the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. Even if you haven’t accomplished what you believed you could, don’t give up. This degree teaches you that even when you fall, that isn’t failure, as from failing you will learn but if you refuse to get up and fight again that is when you have truly admitted defeat.

Another fundamental element that contributed to my achievement was the guidance and support of my family and my friends, I am thankful for their prayers and support, I could not have achieved what I did without them. I have shared the experience of my journey with you in the hope that my insight may provide you all with some guidance in finding your own way.

916.thumbnail.jpg

Aaima Asad

The writer has recently graduated from the University of London International Programme obtaining the highest First Class degree for LLB (Hons) in the world in the year 2014-2015. She is currently teaching at Pakistan College of Law. She has a passion for academics, reading and writing and after obtaining a Masters degree she wishes to pursue a career in corporate law.

@DESERT FIGHTER @Ghareeb_Da_Baal

Aaima Asad makes the nation proud

aima-asad-pic.jpg

Aaima Asad of Pakistan College of Law has achieved the highest first class LLB (Hon.) degree in the World for 2014-2015 from the University of London International Program with six distinctions.

She is currently teaching at Pakistan College of Law. She has a passion for academics, reading and writing and after obtaining a Master’s degree she wishes to pursue a career in corporate law.

She achieved her first distinction in the very first year of the program with 85%; she obtained the diploma in law from the university in the same year. She received two more distinctions in her second year in the subjects Islamic Law and Laws of Trust in Pakistan. She secured three distinctions in her final year to achieve the first class degree.

She states that she had never been a studious person, but her achievement in the first year made her realize her potentials and she became attentive towards college lessons. Her success made her drive for more – by the end of her second year she was only focused on getting the highest first class degree.

In a comment on her recent success, Aaima wrote,

“The key to success is taking the first step. No one knows what the future holds. When one makes a decision the outcome may be a disaster or conversely it may turn out to be the best possible choice you could have made. The future is yet to be set in stone but passion, ambition, determination and perseverance are the few tools one must keep in their arsenal to allow them to achieve victory in the uphill battle that they will undoubtedly have to face.”

She urges all the students who are seeking for a career to fully understand what they are entering into before they get their hands on the advanced books.

“If you try to run before you can walk, you will fall flat on your face and fail in your endeavors regardless of how much effort you put in, if the effort was not directed at the appropriate tasks.”

She wrote that she had made her experience public in the hopes that her insight would provide others with some guidance in finding their own way.

Aaima Asad makes the nation proud - HTV

guidance from my teachers at Pakistan College of Law I began to find that this course was not designed for students who would rote learn information and reproduce that on paper. The curriculum was designed with such ingenuity that it allowed students to think for themselves, be creative and bold and express their own unique point of view in complex legal situations
man that is crux of britain education system.. they don't test ur memory/hand writing but skills and analysis

Below are from the Pakistani collage law PCL- Its students and their achievements with Aaima Asad's achievement being the latest entry!

AAMIA ASAD PCL STUDENT ACHIEVES FIRST DIVISION THIS YEAR IN THE UNIVERSITY OF LONDON INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMES LL.B (HONS.).

CONGRATULATIONS TO PCL STUDENT MS. AAIMA ASAD FOR BEING AWARDED 1st DIVISION BY THE UNIVERSITY OF LONDON INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMES IN HER LL.B (HONS.) THIS YEAR, 2015. MS. AAIMA ASAD IS ONE OF THE 10 INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS WHO HAS BEEN AWARDED WITH A FIRST DIVISION BY THE UNIVERSITY OF LONDON THIS YEAR. LOTS OF CONGRATULATIONS TO MS. AAIMA ASAD, HER FAMILY AND PCL FACULTY IN THIS BRILLIANT ACHIEVEMENT.

aaima_asad.jpg

Breaking News: PCL Student Muhammad Mustafa Khan achieves the best 1st Division in LL.B (Hons.) in the world from the University of London, 2014.

PCL STUDENT MUHAMMAD MUSTAFA KHAN FROM PAKISTAN AWARDED ONE OF THE THREE 1ST DIVISION IN LL.B (HONS.) BY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON: Mr. Simon Askey, Deputy Director of the University of London International Programmes said:

"The best first of the Century was achieved by Muhammad Mustafa Khan of Pakistan. With six first class marks and an aggregate of 571 he may hold the record for sometime ! He studied at Pakistan College of Law, Lahore and described the award as "humbling experience" expressing his "gratitude to the University for its assessment, my parents for their prayers and support and finally my teaching institution Pakistan College of Law for guiding me through my legal studies"

Muhammad%20Mustafa%20Khan.jpg

Excellent Exam Results in the 2013-14

THE COLLEGE WAS RECENTLY GIVEN A COMMENDATION BY THE UNIVERSITY OF LONDON INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMES FOR EXCELLENT EXAM RESULTS IN THE 2013-14 SESSION WHICH EXCEEDED THE UNIVERSITY'S GLOBAL AVERAGE.

img_3.jpg

Amna Riaz Ali

ACHIEVEMENT CERTIFICATE FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF LONDON INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMES FOR OBTAINING IN PAKISTAN THE HIGHEST MARKS IN THE SUBJECT OF TORT

img_1_1.jpg

Aaima Asad

ACHIEVEMENT CERTIFICATE FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF LONDON INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMES FOR OBTAINING IN PAKISTAN THE HIGHEST MARKS IN THE SUBJECT OF Trusts

img_2_1.jpg

8th Graduation Ceremony, LL.B (Hons.) and Diploma in Law, 2015

Graduates and Diploma in Law students having studied in PCL were awarded their Certificates including several Merit Certificates by the Chief Guest on the occasion, Mr. Simon Askey, Acting Director and Head of Undergraduate Law Programme of the University of London International Programmes. This was the first time that Mr. Askey had visited Pakistan and it was his first Pakistani Graduation Ceremony. It was an honour to have him award the Certificates on the occasion. The Ceremony was conducted in College and we were furhter honored to also have the presence on the occasion of Honrable Mr. Justice Mian Saqib Nisar of the Supreme Court of Pakistan along with Honrable Mr. Justice Muhammad Anwaarul Haq of the Lahore High Court. Our Special Guest was Mr. Saad Wasim, Country Manager for University of London International Programmes in Pakistan.

Mr. Muhammad Mustafa Khan was awarded with his 1st Division LL.B (Hons.) along with a Shield of Appreciation for achieving the best aggregate in the world in his LL.B (Hons.) examination of 2014. Ms. Aaima Asad and Ms. Amna Riaz Ali were awarded by the University Certificates of Achievement for obtaining the highest exam marks in the subjects of Trust Law and Law of Tort. Alongside these awards several Graduates and Diploma in Law Recipients received Certificates of Merit for achieving above average examination marks in such subjects as Introduction to Islamic Law, Jurisprudence and Legal Theory, Public Law, Contract Law, CLRI and Laws Dissertation. These awards were presented to the recipients in the presence of their faculty, family and friends. At the end of the Ceremony Graduates and Diploma in Law Recipients lit sky laterns to celebrate their achievements.

Last edited:
Outstanding Results from PCL students in University of London International LL.B (Hons.) Programme Exams 2013-14

Aaima%20Asad.jpg
img_1.jpg
Hina%20Altaf%20Bajwa.jpg
Usman%20Hameed%20Butt.jpg
Muhammad%20Mustafa%20Khan22.jpg

Aaima Asad
Distinction in Intoduction to Islamic Law and Merit in Law of Tort and Law of Trusts

Amna Riaz Ali
Distinction in Law of Tort and Merit in Intorduction to Islamic Law

Hina Altaf Bajwa
Distinction in Dissertation and Merit in Law of Tort

Usman Hameed
Distinction in CLRI and Merit in Criminal Law

Muhammad Mustafa
Distinctions in EU, Public International Law, Jurisprudence and Dissertation Overall: 1st Divsion

PCL is proud to announce the excellent overall results from the our students who sat for their LL.B (Hons.) and Diploma in Law Exams in 2014. There were a number of Merits and Credits achieved by our students along with outstanding results in Dissertations submitted by final year students.

Breaking News: Pakistan College of Law is now an Affiliate Centre of the University of London International Programmes.

Congratulations to all Staff and Students of Pakistan College of Law.....following the review of Pakistan College of Law, by academics and staff of the University of London and its federal Colleges, the Board of the University of London International Academy has endorsed the recommendation confirming the award of Affiliate Centre status to be awarded to Pakistan College of Law.

There were a number findings by the University:

1. The institution’s pass rates for the LLB and the Diploma in Law have been consistently above the University of London’s global average pass rate.

2. The level of student engagement at the institution is impressive, with particular note of the newsletters produced by students.

3. Pakistan College of Law has a strong staff base with well-qualified and experienced teachers and administrators.

4. The institution offers financial assistance to students who are encouraged to take more time to complete their programme to ensure that they perform better.

5. The established practice of differentiating between and identifying the high-level qualifications of tutors is laudable.

6. A range of staff development initiatives operate at the institution.

7. The institution implements a system of mentoring to assist students requiring additional support for their studies.

8. A number of mechanisms for encouraging good practice in learning are in place whereby students are actively discouraged from rote learning.

9. The students’ dissertation performance is consistent with the good performance of students undertaking the dissertation option within the LLB programme.

News & Events

Great job from this girl but I am not gonna marry her. A lawyer wife or wo bhi itni smart? toba.

great job :) hope our newers may make some reforms in our judiciary ......... which is vry poor

Back
Top Bottom