What's new

NATO opens northern supply route to Afghanistan via Russia/Central Asia

It is Good for Pakistan as it will stop Smuggling too , oil and eatable smuggled to Afghanistan under NATO umbrella while people in Pakistan seeing shortage of eatables in market.

Indian supply line under NATO umbrella to Afghanistan goes through Pakistan too so if they will use Russia that means more $$$$

but guys.. wouldnt Pakistan be losing some considerable income (including the truckers) if this line of shipment is closed?
First i am happy as this will reduce the burden of 1500 Military containers every month and god knows how many civilian trailers. If Pakistan supply route is stopped i'll be more than happy. Its just costing us Pakistani lives and for what an untrusted ally. But i dont think this supply route will ever be closed.

Because we are more close to kabul if you see the map

afghanroutes.jpg

afglog.jpg

What part do you think is untrue? It is a military run company. Check out the management structure from this annual report.

http://www.nlc.com.pk/website.nsf/annual_report_2005.pdf

The article and the figures that were throwing out.. That is what I consider untrue (with no back up, I must say).. By the way the website seemed really smelling with bunch of fishes.... I do not care if it is run by Pakistanie Army or not, as you know I am Indian descent...

Thanks...

I would not be so sure of that statement Mr. Asim, You need US more badly then US needs you. Like the Head of the NATO forces have said today, That we are in the Region not to Change it into 21 Century, but keep America safe from future Terrorist issues.
Let Pakistanis worry about Pakistan. So far all the money that Pakistan receives for this funds the pockets of politicians - the leftovers of the crumbs reach the truck driver risking his life taking the goods to Afghanistan.

So please, go through Russia. We're not saying we're going to stop fighting terror, just will have an easier once the motivation of terrorists to "kill some Americans and their 'partners'" goes away.

Pakistan should force to close the route, now that America has an alternative.

Yes of course, First of all the US Gov't under Obama Administration is trying to lobby to use those 401Ks funds, but to go even further of this superiors egonistic ideology of China saving America.. The 401k's of Americans equal 4 trillion and America's total debt to China is 3 trillion....

Know can we get back on the topic of NATO forces using other routes for there Goal!!!

1. No. The USG cannot pull people's personal investments and "use" them.

2. Since you are comparing a hypothetical, i.e. "trying to lobby" vs. an actual on the ground reality, i.e. Chinese purchase of T-bills, there really is no comparison.

Route through Russia and other countries is a better option for US.

IMHO, just a simple maneuver by the US to reduce the potency of Islamabad's negotiation chip on the supply lines to Afghanistan war. Wont ever be put in practise as a replacement to the existing route.

They can have all the routes they want, but there is no Army like the Pakistan Army to stand and fight the terrorists. Not the Russian Army, Tajik Army, Uzbek Army, Kryzk Army, Canadian Army, Korean Army, Japanese Advisors, on and on and that are in or around Afghanistan. That is what they really need, so lets get over the truth and move on to useful threads.

IMHO, just a simple maneuver by the US to reduce the potency of Islamabad's negotiation chip on the supply lines to Afghanistan war. Wont ever be put in practise as a replacement to the existing route.

And your bases on this statement sir, Infact US was working with Russia just to accomplish this goal for last two years. Why not use it, since we have a great other poster stating, how much it cost thru Pakistan, $1,200 per truck.... I would assume this would be cheaper then...

TechLahore;925228 No. The USG cannot pull people's personal investments and "use" them.

Are you really sure about that because Obama Administration is really thinking about taxing that....

2. Since you are comparing a hypothetical, i.e. "trying to lobby" vs. an actual on the ground reality, i.e. Chinese purchase of T-bills, there really is no comparison.

Then why is Chinese still investing on T-bills after all the slow downs and the gloom and doom of the economy? Infact they should be thinking about saving there own ***, don't you think?

Last edited:
And your bases on this statement sir, Infact US was working with Russia just to accomplish this goal for last two years. Why not use it, since we have a great other poster stating, how much it cost thru Pakistan, $1,200 per truck.... I would assume this would be cheaper then...

Never said it wont be used. Just not as a replacement to the Pak route. Till the time route via pakistan was the only option, USA was operating in an environment monopolised by Pakistan. This simply decreases the hold Pakistan had on resupply of US and UN troops in Afghnistan.

Never said it wont be used. Just not as a replacement to the Pak route. Till the time route via pakistan was the only option, USA was operating in an environment monopolised by Pakistan. This simply decreases the hold Pakistan had on resupply of US and UN troops in Afghnistan.

Yes that's why US still own money to Pakistan and is not paying it. so who is controlling who.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom