What's new

NATO opens northern supply route to Afghanistan via Russia/Central Asia

^^ Actually we should initiate this "shutdown". The supply route has been nothing but a nuisance and a source of misery. Now that our allies have managed to arrange such a convenient and safe alternate, why run this route through Pakistan. End it once and for all and let's move on to the future.

won't happen since the Pakistani military makes money off of it.

won't happen since the Pakistani military makes money off of it.

Do u think sea port and toll tax is owned by Pak Army?

Do u know the damage heavy trucks are causing National highway?

Before making foolish comments kindly use google to know the truth!

I seemed to have missed quite a lot of substantial defence news here! This is some development that was expected in a very unconventional way. Considering the relentless attacks that have been taking place on NATO convoys on the supply routes via Pakistan, this ought to ease the string of losses the international forces are taking.

However from the perspective that I see many dear Pakistani members here showing signs of relief; I doubt this could mean much of a good news to you. The monopoly you had over this route meant that you could possibly demand favours in foreign policies from the United States as well as other NATO members involved. However, now that pressure seems to have considerably weakened. Though you might be relieved off your duty to guard NATO convoys to the extent that you were doing till now, the strategic value lost here seems to weigh much more the relief your soldiers have momentarily gained.

I welcome arguments on this perspective.

Is this route just opened to put pressure on Pakistan or is there some actual movement taking place here ?

Do u think sea port and toll tax is owned by Pak Army?

Do u know the damage heavy trucks are causing National highway?

Before making foolish comments kindly use google to know the truth!

What I was saying is that the Pakistani military owns the main shipping company. It makes a lot of money on every shipping container transported to the coalition. I find it fascinating the amount of land holdings and businesses the military owns in Pakistan. here is a nice article on the subject, though it seems slanted a bit against the military.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/business/452591/the-military-millionaires-who-control-pakistan-inc.thtml

Last edited:
Great news, now the Talibaan can go to the north and leave us alone. Lets take the Afghan War back to Afghanistan the most screwed up country in the world.

Great news, now the Talibaan can go to the north and leave us alone. Lets take the Afghan War back to Afghanistan the most screwed up country in the world.

as long as you get money from america, as long as they have bases in pakistan, and as long as you are part of war on terror, they(talibhan) wont let you like that.

@ every one,

i might not agree with this video, but it gives a good view about NATO CONVOY ROUTES in pakistan.

watch from 1:20.

Last edited by a moderator:
Russia Opens Afghan Transit Route For NATO's Germany - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty 2010

according to NATO's own website, the accord the alliance signed with Russia in April limits land transit to "nonmilitary" equipment.

also, we have no idea, where the US ships will ultimately connect with land routes. if they come to germany then this is an absolutey ridiculous route.

i think importance of pakistan (fortunately or unfortunately) will remain valid. also, americans will not wind up things in pakistan unless haqqanis are nuetralised.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom